betterlovedoll.com

UK Documentary Maker

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
SpecialEditionFilms
Documentary & TV
Documentary & TV

UK Documentary Maker

Post by SpecialEditionFilms »

Hi There,

This isn't actually to do with the your planned meet. My name is Daniel - I work for an independent TV production company. I am doing some initial research into the world of sex dolls - specifically with regards to the UK. I am looking to speak to someone to answer some questions with ABSOLUTE confidentiality - you wouldn't have to divulge anything (name etc) bar your experience and insight with Sex Dolls. Am I particularly interested into the 'custom built' nature of the industry especially after reading this article - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -doll.html - I would also be interested to hear if you guys think this is genuine or not as I haven't been able to corroborate it. As I said - I'm not looking to expose or exploit anyone - I dont need anyone's personal details - I just have a few questions - no meet up in person is required questions over email or over the phone is fine. You could contact me on daniel@specialeditionfilms.com or through a chat via this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Daniel
Special Edition Films
Website: SpecialEditionFilms.com Contact: daniel@specialeditionfilms.com
"We’re proud of the fact that the people who’ve appeared in our films
remain happy with the experience of working with us after the films have
been broadcast and have even recommended us to other potential contributors.
"

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Re: UK/European Doll Meet 2013

Post by TDF_Management »

We'd like to welcome Special Edition Films to The Doll Forum. We hope their project, if they proceed with it, does well for everyone involved.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: UK Documentary Maker

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello SpecialEditionFilms and welcome to the forum... best wishes on your project... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Andy_J

Post by Andy_J »

That's funny, if I search for the name "Diego Bortolin" from the Sun item, I find this story in many places and languages, but they have no picture of the doll in question. So sometimes there is a picture of a Real Doll, then one of 4Woods and The Sun shows a Mechadoll Sophie or Brigitte.
Since the Sun item is from 2010, which was before my time: Has anyone here ever seen an Italian silicone dolls? This blog entry which seems to be the same story has at least a picture of a doll, that I haven't seen before:

http://ofertopolis.blogspot.de/2010/09/ ... to-su.html

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Personally, I've never heard of an Italian silicone doll manufacturer, and as Andy_J said, pictures of all kinds of dolls come up if you search for Diego Bortolin.

So my guess is, the story is not genuine, at least, not in the details. Sure, there could be a person out there who ordered a custom doll in the likeness of his ex-girlfriend, but the details are probably off.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

SpecialEditionFilms wrote:Hi There,

This isn't actually to do with the your planned meet. My name is Daniel - I work for an independent TV production company. I am doing some initial research into the world of sex dolls - specifically with regards to the UK. I am looking to speak to someone to answer some questions with ABSOLUTE confidentiality - you wouldn't have to divulge anything (name etc) bar your experience and insight with Sex Dolls. Am I particularly interested into the 'custom built' nature of the industry especially after reading this article - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -doll.html - I would also be interested to hear if you guys think this is genuine or not as I haven't been able to corroborate it. As I said - I'm not looking to expose or exploit anyone - I don't need anyone's personal details - I just have a few questions - no meet up in person is required questions over email or over the phone is fine. You could contact me on daniel@specialeditionfilms.com or through a chat via this forum.

Many Thanks,

Daniel
Please don't take this the wrong way, but seeing as this is not an established TDF member all I have to say, based on my own personal experience, is Caveat Emptor. :evidence:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

dollman2
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dollman2 »

SpecialEditionFilms wrote:Hi There,

This isn't actually to do with the your planned meet. My name is Daniel - I work for an independent TV production company. I am doing some initial research into the world of sex dolls - specifically with regards to the UK. I am looking to speak to someone to answer some questions with ABSOLUTE confidentiality - you wouldn't have to divulge anything (name etc) bar your experience and insight with Sex Dolls. Am I particularly interested into the 'custom built' nature of the industry especially after reading this article - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -doll.html - I would also be interested to hear if you guys think this is genuine or not as I haven't been able to corroborate it. As I said - I'm not looking to expose or exploit anyone - I dont need anyone's personal details - I just have a few questions - no meet up in person is required questions over email or over the phone is fine. You could contact me on daniel@specialeditionfilms.com or through a chat via this forum.

Many Thanks,

Daniel
I'm not looking to expose or exploit anyone. never heard that before. :evil:

so you are from the UK and yet have completely ignored the UK forum? interesting. :sleeping:

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

The doll in the picture looks like a machadoll Leeloo to me. What do you expect from the sun. :roll:

SpecialEditionFilms
Documentary & TV
Documentary & TV

Re: UK/European Doll Meet 2013

Post by SpecialEditionFilms »

Hi There,

My name is Dan, I work for a TV Production Company based in London. I know many of you guys are understandably quite wary of the media - but I'm interested in finding some UK based lovedoll enthusiasts to talk - no cameras - just a conversation over the phone, or perhaps in person. You can find more about the company I work for here (http://specialeditionfilms.com/?page_id=2) - we pride ourselves on producing balanced, sensitive films - we're not in the 'shock doc' game. In fact we're looking to pushback against the negative stereotype and develop a more nuanced film about the nature of companionship. If you think you would or could be a good mouthpiece for this attitude towards Lovedolls - (or whether you just want to rant about previous documentaries!) I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Dan
(daniel@specialeditionfilms.com)

(I have been lucky enough to speak to Midiman a few times and he said I was cool to post here, although warned me to expect a fair amount of flak!)
Last edited by Nescio50 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to UK Documentary Maker thread
Special Edition Films
Website: SpecialEditionFilms.com Contact: daniel@specialeditionfilms.com
"We’re proud of the fact that the people who’ve appeared in our films
remain happy with the experience of working with us after the films have
been broadcast and have even recommended us to other potential contributors.
"

INFORMATIONS