Starpery.com

My Afinia 3d printer has arrived!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
SportsBraThief
Ex-Member

Re: My Afinia 3d printer has arrived!

Post by SportsBraThief »

I run a 3D printing business (25 printers up to 12" cubed) -- talk to me if you need something printed at higher temps or exotic materials. I have grades of material that print in the 245-300 range that are better-performing and far stronger than the exotic high-temp stuff. Higher processing temps do not always translate into better physical properties.

zabjabs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zabjabs »

Maiz wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:Thanks
Yeah, I'd rather save and buy better than settle for less. Print size is everything for doll building.
What large abs printers do you have in mind? One of the larger printers I'm thinking of buying is the creality 10s. It's one of the largest printers for good price, but I want to print abs. If I do, then ill need to build an enclosure to keep it heated. Also I would probably need to make some modifications to steady the printer.

If I got the large printer however, then the benefit would be less parts to make in 3d and less parts to assemble after printing.
Tevo Tornado - A CR-10 but better (for example, very fast AC heatbed). About $500-600 CAD. Hasn't jammed once for me. However with ABS, just build an enclosure - even cardboard box is enough to keep the heat in.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

crocogator, 280C-300C, Wow!, going to have to upgrade to a new printer to get those temperatures :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

An enclosure keeps the cooler air and breezes out as well if you're venting into a room open to the fresh outside air to avoid suffocating from hot plastic fumes :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Flipping images and scaling are a snap even with free software:)

With a bit of trial and error, dovetailing sections together is doable, makes the gluing a little more precise :)

INFORMATIONS