betterlovedoll.com

Do you want to talk about Dolls?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Do you want to talk about Dolls?

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I do hope someone will make a copy of the show.

I hope those that go on the show have a great time and put their best foot forward for us all!

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

mystical

Post by mystical »

I like this topic. It's one thing to come out of the doll closet to your spouse, close friends or family. An entirely different topic to appear on a talk show, that takes guts

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Itsme and a few others who seemed to think that Davecat and I are getting all the coverage, I would point out that I have NEVER appeared on any national TV programs representing love dolls or love doll ownership so in that context I am showing diversity. I represent married with healthy fetish which is the opposite end of the spectrum than "I prefer my doll over a human relationship."

Also Bob Gibbons has been on TV representing the dolls in a non-sexual way as a collector. That is also different. I believe this show treated the subject with great respect.

The staff were A1 and excellent in coaching and preparing me for appearing.

When they set an air date, I will be allowed to post the name of he show and the air date. I am expecting sometime between the 14th and 19th.

Here's a shot of our hotel room...

More in here
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

"I prefer my doll over a human relationship."

That's where I'm at! :multi:

Who's 4Woods is she? Yours? If she is, didn't know you even had one.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

midiman wrote:
The staff were A1 and excellent in coaching and preparing me for appearing.

When they set an air date, I will be allowed to post the name of he show and the air date. I am expecting sometime between the 14th and 19th.

Here's a shot of our hotel room...

More in here
I'm glad all went well my friend, and from what you told me earlier, you had a really great time. :D

It's nice to see the dolls all lined up in the hotel room. I hope they had good room service for them :wink:
narcissus wrote:"Who's 4Woods is she? Yours? If she is, didn't know you even had one.
The 4Woods is a new doll of Midi's and we'll be seeing allot more of her soon :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Congratulations on your successful interview! :D Enjoy Hershey! Wish I could have gone! :cry: I posted some funnies in the Batcave you might enjoy! :mrgreen:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

I think it has been gracious for a respectable show to offer up some of their limited time and resources to cover the topic of doll ownership in its many facets. So thank you to Kristin and all the show handlers involved!
midiman wrote:Itsme and a few others who seemed to think that Davecat and I are getting all the coverage, I would point out that I have NEVER appeared on any national TV programs representing love dolls or love doll ownership so in that context I am showing diversity. I represent married with healthy fetish which is the opposite end of the spectrum than "I prefer my doll over a human relationship."
This statement does not reflect this described 'spectrum' correctly. I think this spectrum that you refer to runs far more horizontal as opposed to vertical the way you seem to be describing or implying.

Most doll owners are likely to fit into one or more of the following categories:
1. Sexual aid (single or married)
2. Fill a void/Loneliness (single or married)
3. Inability of human relationship (single)
4. Non-relationship reason (profit/non-profit business, art, collecting, etc.) (single or married)

In my opinion, I don't think doll owners occupy different distinct ends of some vast spectrum. Instead, each would fall into these not so far apart niches and cross each other in at least one of the above categories. For example, using the two of you, Davecat fits into 2 and 3 while you fit into 1, 2, and 4 respectively. The both of you cross in at least one category which demonstrates that everyone in this community is not all that far apart and on a leveled field with no one above or beneath another owner in terms of purpose and representation.

Also, I think it's important to state that when it comes to what is healthy or unhealthy, that's determined only by your mental and physical health and history and what kind of influence it has had on whatever fetish, hobby, people, or routine things you do in your everyday life.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Thanks, Kharn and Rainlover.

Some good points and observations Siliventurer. I am not at liberty to discuss the show until it airs, but they did have a recognized authority on fetishes and Paraphilia.

Doll owners do share many things in common. We share dolls and interest in dolls and we are all human. However when one introduces sex into the formula, it then becomes a fetish. A fetish in itself is considered healthy by current psychological standards unless it is to the exclusion of normal sexual behavior.

The vast majority of doll owners who have sex with their dolls are not doing so with the intentional exclusion of sex with real human partners but more so in the absence of them.

I think this is especially important to put out there because love doll owners have been pretty much mislabeled by the media as delusional single lonely guys with personality disorders. Our polls show this as inaccurate.

However, I also believe that in things sexual, evolution plays an important role. What is considered abnormal by current scientific and social standards, my indeed be considered as normal by future generations. This could be no better exampled than in the subject of Homosexuality which was considered a mental illness up until 1972 when they then decided it was not a mental illness ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Allow me to graph it for you:
Horniness-Realism graph.jpg
Horniness-Realism graph.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
:haha4:

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

midiman
They emailed me from a email They never said not to say the name of the show.

Don't get what I was saying wrong, its good you do things like this. It would just be nice to see others do it as well.
makes it interesting. Takes a strong person to go on TV and show there face. Takes a stronger women to deal with a man that would show there face on TV and say have sex with a doll. Bob and his wife was on Tv, they have a strong family, As I am sure you have have.

You say "I prefer my doll over a human relationship"
But I know people that would prefer a human relationship, But there loved one has passed and they feel like they would be cheating if they where to take on a new partner. So there are so meany things that could be told and are not. and Tv stations and there rush bull shit will never get the real story's out there. IMO most don't want it any way most jut want to step on people.

The show you went on I think this time was just looking for a filler segment. I did not think they wanted to step on doll owners.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

siliventurer wrote:I think it has been gracious for a respectable show to offer up some of their limited time and resources to cover the topic of doll ownership in it's many facets. So thank you to Kristin and all the show handlers involved!
midiman wrote:Itsme and a few others who seemed to think that Davecat and I are getting all the coverage, I would point out that I have NEVER appeared on any national TV programs representing love dolls or love doll ownership so in that context I am showing diversity. I represent married with healthy fetish which is the opposite end of the spectrum than "I prefer my doll over a human relationship."
This statement does not reflect this described 'spectrum' correctly. I think this spectrum that you refer to runs far more horizontal as opposed to vertical the way you seem to be describing or implying.

Most doll owners are likely to fit into one or more of the following categories:
1. Sexual aid (single or married)
2. Fill a void/Loneliness (single or married)
3. Inability of human relationship (single)
4. Non-relationship reason (profit/non-profit business, art, collecting, etc.) (single or married)

In my opinion, I don't think doll owners occupy different distinct ends of some vast spectrum. Instead, each would fall into these not so far apart niches and cross each other in at least one of the above categories. For example, using the two of you, Davecat fits into 2 and 3 while you fit into 1, 2, and 4 respectively. The both of you cross in at least one category which demonstrates that everyone in this community is not all that far apart and on a leveled field with no one above or beneath another owner in terms of purpose and representation.

Also, I think it's important to state that when it comes to what is healthy or unhealthy, that's determined only by your mental and physical health and history and what kind of influence it has had on whatever fetish, hobby, people, or routine things you do in your everyday life.
Interesting analysis on doll ownership. I guess I would fit into all 4 of your categories since I started out collecting Barbie dolls and mannequins for reason #4 in the name of Art and collecting, and ended up collecting sex dolls for reason # 1,2,3 and 4. #4 still being Art and collecting.
I just Hope the show handled this episode better then their episode on Hoarders.

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

siliventurer, you forgot Riding in the car pool lane, home security and weight lifting. LOL

There seems to be a lot of interest from outside the community lately. I took part in a study about doll ownership not long ago, and now this show.

With this kind of exposure, the doll makers better start hiring more elves. the demand is about to skyrocket. :mrgreen:

ctalon

Post by ctalon »

roustabout wrote:siliventurer, you forgot Riding in the car pool lane, home security and weight lifting. LOL

There seems to be a lot of interest from outside the community lately. I took part in a study about doll ownership not long ago, and now this show.

With this kind of exposure, the doll makers better start hiring more elves. the demand is about to skyrocket. :mrgreen:

I agree. It seems I have heard a lot more about dolls now in places where I would not have expected before. As technology progresses and people become more and more disconnected from 'old world' ideals that just don't work anymore, dolls will become more and more advanced, and therefore more sought after by a wider range of people. I would say 100 years from now, dolls will be considered a somewhat common household item and a 'non issue'. The more mainstream love dolls become, the better this world will be in my opinion. I look for the day when it is so common and accepted and not a 'big deal'. Kinda like how we shake our head and laugh at the people who many moons ago through the Earth was flat and would murder you if you disagreed.

Times will change and humans will evolve for the better by learning more truths and improving on old ideals for good. That or we'll nuke ourselves off the planet. 50/50 odds. :angel:

-ct-

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

I agree. It seems I have heard a lot more about dolls now in places where I would not have expected before. As technology progresses and people become more and more disconnected from 'old world' ideals that just don't work anymore, dolls will become more and more advanced, and therefore more sought after by a wider range of people. I would say 100 years from now, dolls will be considered a somewhat common household item and a 'non issue'. The more mainstream love dolls become, the better this world will be in my opinion. I look for the day when it is so common and accepted and not a 'big deal'. Kinda like how we shake our head and laugh at the people who many moons ago through the Earth was flat and would murder you if you disagreed.

Times will change and humans will evolve for the better by learning more truths and improving on old ideals for good. That or we'll nuke ourselves off the planet. 50/50 odds.
That's a good point, world is changing and becoming more and more competitive, we can see lots of ppl engaged with their jobs and with little time to socialize or flirt (me being one of them), sometimes having a pet is also complicated, nevertheless we are human and need to show our tender side, it seems dolls fit perfectly there. I've been thinking from a technical view on dolls, it's clear world is evolving and dolls will be accepted (it can happen very soon, many ppl I've met they are a lot comprehensive) and when we can be more open about dolls then a need would arise, the question is how would a doll owner move his/her doll with ease? there are stands to keep them safe and wheel chairs to move 'em but wheelchairs are not designed for dolls and most of the times it would be difficult to move a wheelchair in some buildings or other areas of a city.

About nuking ourselves off, I hope we have learnt the lessons of the past (although it seems idiots are getting to high responsability offices around the world)
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

midiman wrote:However, I also believe that in things sexual, evolution plays an important role. What is considered abnormal by current scientific and social standards, my indeed be considered as normal by future generations. This could be no better exampled than in the subject of Homosexuality which was considered a mental illness up until 1972 when they then decided it was not a mental illness ;)
Yes, yes. Homosexuality was considered to be abnormal, nowadays, it isn't even listed in ICD10 anymore, the most up to date International Classification of Diseases and health related problems, version 10, which is the basis of what WHO recognizes to be an illness and what not. So now, homosexuality is just considered a different sexual orientation that is normal, plus more a genetic thing than a "free choice to be different and provoking". But the result also depends on (mostly male) idiots a government consists of, like in many Arabian countries, homosexulity is still punished with death sentence.

Another nice example of how psychology first learnt to judge something as "not normal" and then learnt do look behind the curtain and see real reasons, that would be transsexuality. That one is still listed in ICD10 (F64.0) and considered a heath related problem. However, with psychology basically working in a 3 steps model of "disorders", it is now just on step 1. Before, it was considered a worst case psychosis, step 3, while now, psychology acknowledges it is far from being bonkers, but there is a solid reason why my brain thinks it is female, regardless of how male the body is, and that reason is a prenatal irreversible female brain imprint process. Formerly, it was called GID (gender identity disorder), but a "disorder" in psychology by definition is a "personality defect", which it is so not, as my identity is just fine and female, as in any other girl. So nowadays (at least here), once the diagnosis F64.0 is sure, I can go to an endocrinologist and ask for estrogene treatment like any other girl having a hormonal defect. When going to the hospital to ask for breast enlargement, I could do so looking like any other girl, having a female first name, and ask for it as if it was the most normal thing in the world, which it is, considering how many other girls have that done every day. The reason of treatment they entered was "hypomastia" which is the term for the absence of female breast growth in female gender, although originally, my body is genetically male and didn't do anything wrong with oppressing boob growth. So this was 2 months ago. 20 years ago, psychology would have tried to "cure" me to falsely believe I'm male (how could I, with a female brain imprint ?), 50 years ago, they'd have locked me away. Medieval age, better hide or they'd have burnt me like a witch.

INFORMATIONS