sexyrealsexdolls.com

Coverdoll is getting a new face lift.

Digital Online Publication (Love Doll Equivalent to Playboy) and also Member Doll Blogging.
Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Re: Coverdoll is getting a new face lift.

Post by Incrediwagon »

My issues are in the codes when adding pictures and editing pages. I know Kharn does moset of the work, but if I could help out I would. Also when I use URLs to post in the forums then move an album it creates an error in the forums. This happens when I move my current blog to my Past Shoots. I then have to go back to the forums and change the link. I am sure I now have bad links in most older posts.
Red Heads Rule!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

muzza wrote:Over the past few of months (actually since Zara's visit and the consequent recent activity on 'other' forums) I have noticed a larger guest appearance at CoverDoll.

Could be just coincidence.

Is there any way to see how many hits CD has and how many hits the various blogs and features get?

muz
We could turn on the counters. They can tell you how many views each post gets.
incrediwagon wrote:My issues are in the codes when adding pictures and editing pages. I know Kharn does moset of the work, but if I could help out I would. Also when I use URLs to post in the forums then move an album it creates an error in the forums. This happens when I move my current blog to my Past Shoots. I then have to go back to the forums and change the link. I am sure I now have bad links in most older posts.
What happens if these are changed at TDA? It may be we might have to 'not' move but link to the final 'resting place' so to speak.

Our mods are for CoverDoll, but your problems are with the Gallery, so we will have to explore that separately. There was an integration between the two but it did not work well. Maybe there will be a better integration in the new one.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

OK, why not? Do they work and are they accurate?
I heard Kharn tell Elle that there were some problems in regard to view counters in regard to the Gallery pics.

We know some members really enjoy our offerings but not sure how many others out there.
It would make no difference, just curious is all.

muz
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi guys :) , I think the main problem with CoverDoll from what I have been told is the navigation. Some members and visitors find it hard to work out, so how would you guys approach this?

Let us have your opinions on what the navigation should look like and what it should comprise of. We can then compile a list of what you think is the most important links that we should have, so as to simplify the site.
muzza wrote:
OK, why not? Do they work and are they accurate?
I heard Kharn tell Elle that there were some problems in regard to view counters in regard to the Gallery pics.

We know some members really enjoy our offerings but not sure how many others out there.
It would make no difference, just curious is all.

muz
With regards to the gallery viewing and i.e. the views show, well this has never worked for me. Maybe Midi can take a look at that, it might just be a glich with the gallery. I do know that far more have viewed the galleries than it showed, so that's why we tirned it off.

Anyway guys we would love your help on the new face lift, we need to get it right for the majority this time :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Hi, Kharn,

I was referring to a count of posts (blogs, etc) rather than galleries which have been of no interest to me either at CD or anywhere else as I use them primarily as a means to get photos in a post. I seldom view galleries in their own right unless a specific link to one has been made in a post.

As I have said, the left hand menu for me is important to quickly view what is new or pick up on (check back) a post or series of posts. Particularly Recent blog posts and Recent Comments and the Main menu.
It (the left hand menu) was removed from TDF so now my visit views are strictly limited to what is listed on the first couple of pages of the 'view recent posts'. Going to the board index and checking each individual forum is too time consuming on the off chance I may find something of interest in one of them.

Aside from which, what's to navigate for the majority?
CoverDoll is a monthly magazine with photos, articles, blogs and comics / posters. It is not a forum as such. There is a whole month to be able to read and view it. The months contributions remain on the first page of 'Recent Posts' generally for about 2 months allowing anyone plenty of chance to have a read. It is refreshingly slow moving.
Whilst the acknowledgement of contributions generally made by 'the regulars' is much appreciated, lots and lots of response posts to a particular article or blog would serve no purpose other than clog up the magazine.
In which case one may just as well give it away and post a thread at TDF. (Note there is a difference between a blog / article post at CD - which invites no particular discussion - to a thread post at TDF which does).

I think maybe one or two additional regular articles, reviews or blogs would be good, Dollfrome's cinema review comes to mind as an example of one as does Foxy's song game and Elle's Movie riddle. But someone would have to step up to the plate and have a go. It is not as easy as it may seem coming up with something new each month, every month.

There may be (?) some members of CoverDoll who do not frequent TDF. That was indicated to me long time ago now.
So the questions asked here should also perhaps be posted at CD.

The enable / disable tiny mce change to post youtube videos is a pain.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

muz
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

If you were to add a contents page, where a month's worth of articles/photo shoots could be seen on one page, instead of having to scroll down as others have complained about?
CoverDoll.jpg
CoverDoll.jpg (289.31 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
I actually don't go to CoverDoll very much, mostly because my crummy DSL (which seems slower than dial-up) makes it hard to load the pages, especially if I have to search around for all the different content. A "month at a glance" might help me navigate better, which would encourage me to visit more each month. (I would still have difficulty loading gallery pages, but if I can better access to the links, then I can load them in the background while I read the articles/blog posts...)

jdmrgtnj
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by jdmrgtnj »

It's very simple to create the magazine in a pdf format that can be opened rather quickly and flipped through with pages, much like a printed one would look.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

GFELube wrote:If you were to add a contents page, where a month's worth of articles/photo shoots could be seen on one page, instead of having to scroll down as others have complained about?
CoverDoll.jpg
I actually don't go to CoverDoll very much, mostly because my crummy DSL (which seems slower than dial-up) makes it hard to load the pages, especially if I have to search around for all the different content. A "month at a glance" might help me navigate better, which would encourage me to visit more each month. (I would still have difficulty loading gallery pages, but if I can better access to the links, then I can load them in the background while I read the articles/blog posts...)
I believe this is exactly where we are headed. perhaps you should be signing up with the CoverDoll publishing staff. Looks like you already have it in hand :)

jdmrgtnj also a good point. The problem with a PDF version is it is not searchable outside of the PDF, so one can't bring up say, all the Featured dolls without having to load all 100+ pdf's as opposed to searching the Database. That said we have put thought into doing a downloadable PDF version. So that may come. Actually we'd like to be popular enough to be in print :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Well its 2011 guys and I hope the New Year brings all your wishes to life :D

I'd like to thank GFELube for helping Bianca change the front of CoverDoll :thumbs_up: We have gone with his suggestion but Sil and Bianca are now working on expanding the middle column by moving all the nav over to the left.

Please let us know what you think, but remember it's still work in progress :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Please let us know what you think, but remember it's still work in progress
Before, I did not have to scroll to get wherever I needed to go or see whatever I needed to see - except to scroll down to view comments and even that was not necessary as a click on the relevant 'view recent comments' would take you directly to the comment. One click got me pretty much wherever directly.

Now, My wrist hurts because of all the scrolling just to see content or discover I am in the wrong place.

Perhaps I am jumping the gun and it is still a work in progress. :?: We will see.
But if the link I usually provide to take someone directly to my blog or other article without having to scroll down to find it - as was the case - is not going to happen then we are exceptionally upset.

Same with the front page. The layout is fine once one has scrolled down half a mile to find it. But then one has to scroll half a mile back up to click on some other menu item.

That is all I will say for now as I know the hard work being done by those involved but be wary of members who claim they did not visit CD because the navigation was too difficult when in fact they just couldn't be bothered.

muzza

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

muzza wrote:
Please let us know what you think, but remember it's still work in progress
Before, I did not have to scroll to get wherever I needed to go or see whatever I needed to see - except to scroll down to view comments and even that was not necessary as a click on the relevant 'view recent comments' would take you directly to the comment. One click got me pretty much wherever directly.

Now, My wrist hurts because of all the scrolling just to see content or discover I am in the wrong place.

Perhaps I am jumping the gun and it is still a work in progress. :?: We will see.
But if the link I usually provide to take someone directly to my blog or other article without having to scroll down to find it - as was the case - is not going to happen then we are exceptionally upset.

Same with the front page. The layout is fine once one has scrolled down half a mile to find it. But then one has to scroll half a mile back up to click on some other menu item.

That is all I will say for now as I know the hard work being done by those involved but be wary of members who claim they did not visit CD because the navigation was too difficult when in fact they just couldn't be bothered.

muzza
Hi Muzza :) ,

Yes still work in progress as indicated in my post :wink: . However I'm not sure what you mean about having to scroll down to see resent posts? the recent posts are now on the right at the top and everything seem to be just one click away on the front page. I think the guys have done a fantastic job in making the layout more magazine like :thumbs_up:

But please keep the comments coming as its you guys that matter :)
 Click to go to Coverdoll

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

The following are the new and the previous version. As you can see, the left hand menu has been removed, however, the same navigation is available on the right, with other less needed features moved to the footer or farther down the right side menu. The cover is larger 680 x 870 versus the old cover which had been reduced to fit the 512 content width which is now increased to 680.

Although you must scroll to get at the Table of Contents, it in fact takes only about a screen and a half whereas the old Issue listing required many pages. A simple push of the Page Down should bring the table of contents into view with a slight up or down scroll revealing all of the contents.

Once logged in the user login screen disappears and the Main Menu moves to the top.

Image Image
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Unable to show a before screen shot.

But now.
Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 7.50.jpg
Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 7.50.jpg (157.83 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
And the blog is two / three pages down. Mac's do not have a page down one click button.
One even has to scroll around to log out.
As with the new TDF it takes several clicks and a while of scrolling to navigate around whereas before it was all there, one click, one page.
I expect as usual I am in a minority of one so go ahead and do whatever. Just don't expect me to follow.

muz

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

muzza wrote:Unable to show a before screen shot.

But now.
Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 7.50.jpg
And the blog is two / three pages down. Mac's do not have a page down one click button.
One even has to scroll around to log out.
As with the new TDF it takes several clicks and a while of scrolling to navigate around whereas before it was all there, one click, one page.
I expect as usual I am in a minority of one so go ahead and do whatever. Just don't expect me to follow.

muz

Probably a cache problem where we've been making so many changes. It happened to me. On Firefox and IE, I just held the shit key and clicked on the refresh button

Should work.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Yes, Thank you.
I cleared all cookies and emptied cache,
:thumbs_up:

muz

INFORMATIONS