betterlovedoll.com

TDF Member Ranks

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: TDF Member Ranks

Post by rentell »

Some nice bright sparkly badges and emblems would be nice touch as well to go with all these other lovely ranks and titles, perhaps we could introduce long service medals, awards for exemplary service to the doll community and stuff like that.

As long as there big and sparkle. :)

As you can guess I do not agree so I shall block.... ummm, oops,........ I mean ignore this thread and accept what ever the majority decide, but do try to remember this forum is pri-merrily :) about dolls. (or was)

Jeeez!

Opps, sorry another Deity :oops:

Have fun :wink:

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

rentell wrote:Some nice bright sparkly badges and emblems would be nice touch as well to go with all these other lovely ranks and titles, perhaps we could introduce long service medals, awards for exemplary service to the doll community and stuff like that.

As long as there big and sparkle. :)

As you can guess I do not agree so I shall block.... ummm, oops,........ I mean ignore this thread and accept what ever the majority decide, but do try to remember this forum is pri-merrily :) about dolls. (or was)

Jeeez!

Opps, sorry another Deity :oops:

Have fun :wink:
Oh YEAH BIG AND SPARKLY
:haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

zazakell
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

narcissus wrote:Another forum, an Objectivist one, when you reach a certain point you can make your own custom title.
I like that idea very much, or being able to chose an individual title depending on the number of posts. But why not do both ? I'd know a good title for me, but with me it won't show anyhow because of the "official title". So why not do both, a title depending on the number of posts, above the avatar, and one title below, where all members can enter whatever they want, regardless of who or what they are...

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Vanessa wrote: I like that idea very much, or being able to chose an individual title depending on the number of posts. But why not do both ? I'd know a good title for me, but with me it won't show anyhow because of the "official title". So why not do both, a title depending on the number of posts, above the avatar, and one title below, where all members can enter whatever they want, regardless of who or what they are...
There you go.

I'm all for abolishing the rank system anyways, since it is based ONLY upon post number, NOT on the content of the posts.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Vanessa wrote:where all members can enter whatever they want, regardless of who or what they are...
I smell Anarchy :D :D

But thats quite an idea Vanessa :idea: and theres me saying I would ignore this thread too :roll:

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

Vanessa wrote:
narcissus wrote:Another forum, an Objectivist one, when you reach a certain point you can make your own custom title.
I like that idea very much, or being able to chose an individual title depending on the number of posts. But why not do both ? I'd know a good title for me, but with me it won't show anyhow because of the "official title". So why not do both, a title depending on the number of posts, above the avatar, and one title below, where all members can enter whatever they want, regardless of who or what they are...
Ok Vanessa,

I name myself King of TDF and you are all my faithful servants. I'm sorry but you can't get higher than King on this mortal Earth; although I must admit that not many Kings have much real power these days. :mrgreen: (Yeah. Like I really mean this)

zazakell

King Zazakell........I like the sound of that.....it has a good ring to it. Now don't forget to bow to me in my presence. :haha2:
I'm also the numero uno best dad in the world, despite what Itsme claims. :plaidskirt:

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Come to think of it. I was pretty happy when I attained member status. That is the rank change that made me the happiest. I wouldn't expect to be anything else. Even though I have a Staff status I still consider myself an ordinary member.

I am sure that there are members with a handful of posts that know far more than I do about dolls and photography so I don't give much weight to regular forum status ranks. I listen to the individual and not the post count.

Rankings are just for the fun of it and being Staff just means I have a job to do and nothing more.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

zazakell wrote: Ok Vanessa,

I name myself King of TDF and you are all my faithful servants. I'm sorry but you can't get higher than King on this mortal Earth; although I must admit that not many Kings have much real power these days. :mrgreen: (Yeah. Like I really mean this)

zazakell

King Zazakell........I like the sound of that.....it has a good ring to it. Now don't forget to bow to me in my presence. :haha2:
NEVER!!!

I'm going to rise to power now!! :twisted:

Let me quote from Ragnar Redbeard's Might is Right:
Human rights and wrongs are not determined by Justice, but by Might. Disguise it as you may, the naked sword is still king-maker and king-breaker, as of yore. All other theories are lies and — lures.
4055026612_b1e5ba0561_o.jpg
4055026612_b1e5ba0561_o.jpg (6.27 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
;)

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

Well narcissus,

if you look closely at my avatar, you'll notice that I'm carring a samuri sword. I think everyone knows that the original Samuri sword was the best made sword in the world. :evidence:

All power to the King with the best sword. :mrgreen:

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

(speaking in a Scottish-tinged, French-Swiss accent: ) THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! :twisted:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

NotMyName wrote:(speaking in a Scottish-tinged, French-Swiss accent: ) THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! :twisted:

:haha4:

and if my memory is correct the Highlander, (played by Christopher Lambert), in one of his lives, had a Samuri sword.........In fact I believe it got stuck in concrete and he had to go back for it.........YEAH. :mrgreen:

King zaza. :wink:

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Just wanted to see my rank change :D
Oh look, I'm now a senior member :roll:

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

zazakell wrote:Well narcissus,

if you look closely at my avatar, you'll notice that I'm carring a samuri sword. I think everyone knows that the original Samuri sword was the best made sword in the world. :evidence:

All power to the King with the best sword. :mrgreen:
THAT'S IT!!!

I'm calling midiman, and he will put you in your place!

Nah nah nahnah nah! Nah nah nahnah nah!

;)

Just because he is in Germany...

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

CharlieWone wrote:Just wanted to see my rank change :D
Oh look, I'm now a senior member :roll:
ya, that's the right spirit :D

go for the posts and rank and admit it,
while all others here post and don't, searching to see a new rank pop up admin panel doesn't know yet :P :P

but... honestly...
further suggestions.... or really go for a free title option on user control panel ?

I mean why not, we also have "location" and what originally for sure was meant to be "country" or "town" or whatever is also abused for the funniest types of "location comments"... So what would be wrong with a "chosen title" option where people can enter anything they want (as long as it's within forum rules, of course = no politics, no religion, no character assassination, no ill will with others, nothing illegal,.......)

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

Kings don't bother themselves with petty politics these days. We leave that to the underlings. :rainbowafro:

Hey do like my crown?

King zaza

Ok, I promise I won't really do it. End of Jokes about Kings.

I don't want to end up doing this. :deadhorse:

INFORMATIONS