SexDollAmerica.com

POLL: What is the primary purpose of your love doll ?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

What is your primary purpose for owning/wanting a love doll?

sex and or sexual stimulation leading to and including copulation
46%
photography
7%
cuddling / kissing / hanging out buddy without leading to sex/masturbation
10%
artificial companion (I prefer my doll over an interactive human relationship)
13%
surrogate partner (helping to fill the void until ms/mr right comes along)
14%
fantasy play
4%
enhancement/supplement/compensation within existing human relationship
7%

Total votes: 589

theodoric
Former Member

Re: POLL: What is the primary purpose of your doll

Post by theodoric »

Szalinski wrote: ...............
Judging from the current score of zero on "cuddling", it's obvious no Teddy Babe owners have voted yet :wink: Which brings up the question: What about those doll owners who have more than one doll, each one used for a different purpose? :|
I suspect the lack of "cuddling" responses is because you can only choose one item

I chose "artificial companion" . . . since I have never "needed" a human female in my life . . and I am now tired of them . . my doll, when I get her . . will be my companion . . so most of the activities I would do with a human female . . I will be doing with her . . such as cuddling and sexuality

LOL . . if she is willing to snuggle next to me while I put Lord of the Rings, or Das Boot in the dvd player . . I am willing to snuggle with her while we watch Titanic or some other romantic movie she wants to watch :D
NotMyName wrote: ..........
Sure, I'm a sex fiend too. I wanna have as much sex as time and my own stamina will allow. Being a romantic idealist simply means I want it all from that one special woman. :wink:
absolutely nothing wrong with that :D

oh . . btw . . getting a vasectomy is quick, easy, minimal pain afterwards . . and can normally be done in an out-patient clinic . . just have someone go with you to drive you home after the procedure . . for the first day or so you will not want to drive . . . . been there, done that
Bianca wrote: .....
Be proud. Think of all the happiness you bring to those who might otherwise be applying for a shepherds job :)
ROFL . . . you should watch "Beowulf & Grendel" . . . not the crappy all cgi version . . but the one with Gerard Butler as Beowulf . . you'll love some of the conversations :lol: . . like Quotes: King Hygelac: "Find Hondscioh a wife, my sheep have had enough!"
http://www.beowulfandgrendel.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/
zazakell wrote:I see that sex is the leader by far in this particular poll....however I take careful note that surrogate partner is second at the moment with 14%.

I think that's quite significant.

I'm wondering (putting a spanner in the works) if the age of the Doll owner/partner is of importance? Methinks it is!

zazakell
now THAT is a very interesting point to bring up . . . mayhaps we need a poll that covers the ages of members who own dolls :!:
Erika wrote:
clairelenore wrote:well, i'm a doll, not a doll-owner, so i can't really answer the poll, but i asked msg if he'd like me to click one of the buttons for him, and he said, "you're not on there, claire. they need a button that says, 'to fill my life with a sense of shared beauty.'"

that made me feel really good.

although we sure do seem to have sex a lot too!
:wink:
I like that one.

Anyway, to me it seems that the reason my boyfriend got a doll in the first place was mostly sex, but that by now it's not the only (or even most important) reason he loves me.
beautifully said by both of you :D
NotMyName wrote:
midiman wrote:I would ask those people that voted their dolls as a permanent or temporary companion, would they have purchased the doll had it not been capable of sexual intercourse?

Midiman
. . . . . . Sex is a vital component of the type of companionship for which having a doll is a substitute. I have friends, some with whom I share a deep, intimate bond, but it's not a romantic bond, and thus not sexual. Cultural prudery inclines us to downplay the importance of sex in romantic relationships, but really that's the reason why the relationship has that element of intimacy and caring and passion that puts it on a different level than an ordinary friendship. So while my having a doll goes well beyond the sexual aspect, sex is still a necessity for the fantasy to work.
absolutely

and I would have to answer about the same . . if she was not capable of sex . . I couldnt really see a reason to get her
Gramps wrote:Another example of artificial companions:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... orsPicks_1
fascinating article :D . . and it sort of ties in with what I said in this thread
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15710

tigerwhite
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: POLL: What is the primary purpose of your doll ?

Post by tigerwhite »

I mostly use my doll for sleeping with and photography.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Owing to confusion between the surrogate and artifical choice and a number of PM's I received, I have reworded the artificial companion selection from..
artificial companion (I see my doll as a replacement for a normal interactive human relationship)
to
artificial companion (I prefer my doll over a normal human relationship)
Please note that votes may be recast at anytime. So if this alters you choice, please reselect a new one.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Ugh. Did the rewording of the option have to include "normal"? :x :roll: Someone who simply isn't a "people-person" shouldn't be made to feel abnormal, in my opinion.

It's not that different from a person with a naturally quiet libido assuming that those of us who enjoy sex are disgusting perverts. Or misogynists who themselves inadvertently promote a misandrist view by claiming that men who desire companionship are the minority, and most only settle for relationships because casual sex is too difficult to obtain. :evil: At least, some people might take it that way....

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

NotMyName wrote:Ugh. Did the rewording of the option have to include "normal"? :x :roll: Someone who simply isn't a "people-person" shouldn't be made to feel abnormal, in my opinion.

It's not that different from a person with a naturally quiet libido assuming that those of us who enjoy sex are disgusting perverts. Or misogynists who themselves inadvertently promote a misandrist view by claiming that men who desire companionship are the minority, and most only settle for relationships because casual sex is too difficult to obtain. :evil: At least, some people might take it that way....

Normal does not matter. means the same...human human is normal :) Changed.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Bianca wrote:How about 'Intimate' ?
Sounds good. Or maybe just the original phrase, minus normal: "interactive human relationship"?

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

Bianca wrote:Owing to confusion between the surrogate and artifical choice and a number of PM's I received, I have reworded the artificial companion selection from..
artificial companion (I see my doll as a replacement for a normal interactive human relationship)
to
Please note that votes may be recast at anytime. So if this alters you choice, please reselect a new one.

my vote doesnt change :D . . . LOL though I can imagine that a few of the very loved girls in here might take offense at being referred to as "artificial" 8O :razz:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:my vote doesnt change :D . . . LOL though I can imagine that a few of the very loved girls in here might take offense at being referred to as "artificial" 8O :razz:
The girls in here and everywhere else would qualify the 'interactive human relationship.'

The term 'Artificial companion' would indicate something non-human, whereas a companion is a person :)
Quick definitions (artificial)
▸ adjective: made by people and used instead of something natural
▸ adjective: made by people to look very like something natural
Quick definitions (companion)
▸ noun: a person who is frequently in the company of another
A real female would not be considered an artificial companion under any circumstance...umm...well unless it was my ex-wife :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote: ..........
A real female would not be considered an artificial companion under any circumstance...umm...well unless it was my ex-wife :)
ROFL . . oh, so you've had one of "those" type ex's too :roll:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Bianca wrote:Owing to confusion between the surrogate and artifical choice and a number of PM's I received, I have reworded the artificial companion selection from..
to

I still wish it was possible to have multiple scores, such as 3 points for first choice, two for second, one for third.

I'm sure their are a lot of folks here that have made their purchaces for more than one single reason. And what of those who have more than one doll? for example a RD or photography. a TB for cuddling/sleeping and a R13 for sex.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Johnny2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Johnny2 »

I purchased a doll because I was sick of sleeping alone at nights especially during christmas time, Somedays I just need someone to hug and assure me everythings ok :lol:

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Johnny2 wrote:I purchased a doll because I was sick of sleeping alone at nights especially during christmas time, Somedays I just need someone to hug and assure me everythings ok :lol:
Well, Midiman always sleeps with a Teddy Babe and sometimes a silicone doll when his wife is not available. He just sleeps better. It's a comfort thing. He always says, "We never really ever give up our Teddy Bears. They are just taken away from us when we are deemed too old for them." Well, heck. Radar (from Mash) had his Teddy Bear :) So hey, this is logical and natural and scientific :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

Bianca wrote:
Johnny2 wrote:I purchased a doll because I was sick of sleeping alone at nights especially during christmas time, Somedays I just need someone to hug and assure me everythings ok :lol:
Well, Midiman always sleeps with a Teddy Babe and sometimes a silicone doll when his wife is not available. He just sleeps better. It's a comfort thing. He always says, "We never really ever give up our Teddy Bears. They are just taken away from us when we are deemed too old for them." Well, heck. Radar (from Mash) had his Teddy Bear :) So hey, this is logical and natural and scientific :)
there was another comment in here (in another section) similar to Johnny2's . . from an older man, who's wife of many happy years passed away . . he bought a doll for the same reason . . because he was used to sleeping next to someone for much of his life . . . he said very honestly that after he got the doll he started sleeping much better than he had since his wife died

and I loved the reference to Radar from Mash . . wonderful example :D

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:there was another comment in here (in another section) similar to Johnny2's . . from an older man, who's wife of many happy years passed away . . he bought a doll for the same reason . . because he was used to sleeping next to someone for much of his life . . . he said very honestly that after he got the doll he started sleeping much better than he had since his wife died

and I loved the reference to Radar from Mash . . wonderful example :D
Actually that was a testimonial on the Eight Wonder and Teddy Babe Store Site as well.

But when you think about how popular Mash was and Radar, you gotta ask...what if he'd had a Teddy babe instead of teddy bear ? LOL
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote: But when you think about how popular Mash was and Radar, you gotta ask...what if he'd had a Teddy babe instead of teddy bear ? LOL
rolling laughing . . if Radar would have had a Teddy Babe . . . Hawkeye and BJ would have stolen it from him and rented her out to Frank Burns 8O :P

INFORMATIONS