sexyrealsexdolls.com

Problem with the doll album - RESOLVED & TBD

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
fuji

Re: Problem with the doll album

Post by fuji »

Thanks for the explanations! :D
I perfectly understand why you've done that, but you know, it's also very simple to take a screen capture... :roll:
I know that you can't let this situation evolve without doing anything, but at least, if it is just to avoid that the pictures be stolen (or reduce the risks), can't you keep the overlay for the dowload option, but not for the linking option...?
Or each week, you'll have a thread about "How can I link a picture to my message?"... :?

TEE

Post by TEE »

Thanks everyone for your input :wink: I might have a browser problem :roll:

I'm running Firefox with a lot of addons will check them out :?

fuji

Post by fuji »

Wow!! It's a bit "off-topic", but you have a very beautifull avatar TEE!! 8O Image

TEE

Post by TEE »

Thanks fuji but i found the avatar on the net

Not my work so credit to the person who made it 8)

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

So,.
To download a pic one needs to find out which gallery it is coming from...can it be down loaded from there???
This is like someone put 4 padlocks on your car door, so just in case someone wants to go for a joy ride, I must jump through hoops to get in every time. Perhaps it's not as difficult as I think....hope so.
I can see the need to protect pics...but, can this be made easier?
P

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

toonist wrote:So,.
To download a pic one needs to find out which gallery it is coming from...can it be down loaded from there???
This is like someone put 4 padlocks on your car door, so just in case someone wants to go for a joy ride, I must jump through hoops to get in every time. Perhaps it's not as difficult as I think....hope so.
I can see the need to protect pics...but, can this be made easier?
P

Yes, PLEASE. Especially for us not so tech savy members.

I can't figure out how to save a picture in a file now at all .................... :?
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I can't make it any more easier than this:
Just use this format:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/albums/userpics/*usernumber*/normal_*filename*

To get the usernumber, you need to go into a User Gallery, and you'll see the number you need in the Address Bar at the top of the browser.

For example, my own gallery is: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10332

That makes my usernumber: 10332

To see the filename, you need to go to the page with the picture you want to link to, or save, and at the bottom, under File Information, you'll see Filename:

For example, one of my pictures is called "Halloween_DCE.jpg"

When I complete the format, that would create http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... en_DCE.jpg

And as you can see, when you click on it, you'll just get the picture, which can be saved, and linked to.
If pictures can be taken easily by the not so tech savy members, it also means, those who steal our pictures, won't have much trouble getting them either.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Just use this format:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... _*filename*

To get the usernumber, you need to go into a User Gallery, and you'll see the number you need in the Address Bar at the top of the browser.

For example, my own gallery is: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10332

That makes my usernumber: 10332

To see the filename, you need to go to the page with the picture you want to link to, or save, and at the bottom, under File Information, you'll see Filename:

For example, one of my pictures is called "Halloween_DCE.jpg"

When I complete the format, that would create http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... en_DCE.jpg

And as you can see, when you click on it, you'll just get the picture, which can be saved, and linked to.

No, I can't see. I don't understand a word you are saying ? ' use this format' ??????????

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

AlexKnight wrote: If pictures can be taken easily by the not so tech savy members, it also means, those who steal our pictures, won't have much trouble getting them either.

So what, we have to pay for others evil doings ??? I guarantee that the people 'stealing' our photo's are surely smart enough to still get them.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

"Just use this format"....doesn't mean diddly to me....does that mean I need to type that whole bit in somewhere and then insert the gallery number???
If you can't make it any easier, then I am now officially feeling like a stupid idiot.
Just use this format.....what does that mean?
I may be showing my ignorance, but at this point, I just don't care...
2 seconds from giving up...

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

So, for every pic one wants to down load, you must type in the whole http bit????
I see how you can grab the pic designation

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

toonist wrote: I may be showing my ignorance, but at this point, I just don't care...
2 seconds from giving up...
I am glad to know that there is someone else (and someone that I consider extremely intelligent) that is where I am with this.

I do give up. WTF

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

siliconelover wrote:

Yes, PLEASE. Especially for us not so tech savy members.

I can't figure out how to save a picture in a file now at all .................... :?
It can be made easier, yes. I've discussed the issue with the web guy and we have a couple of solutions. Once I have the time to set up test copies of the album, he'll be able to experiment with this stuff there instead of on live.

I don't know how much longer it's going to take; we're both volunteers with day jobs and families. Hopefully I will be able to set up the test copy of TDA tomorrow. But we all know that in Synth Time tomorrow could be anywhere from an hour from now to five days from now.

I don't know how the web guy feels about removing the protection completely until a more robust solution is developed.

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

siliconelover wrote: So what, we have to pay for others evil doings ??? I guarantee that the people 'stealing' our photo's are surely smart enough to still get them.
I agree with this. As a techie guy, it's super easy to grab the picture from the web cache folder. (Everything you view on the web is downloaded to your computer - just need to know where to look). It was far easier (for me anyway) than following those instructions.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

synthyours wrote: I don't know how the web guy feels about removing the protection completely until a more robust solution is developed.

How about how we all feel ??? Meaning all members here that have a Doll Album. Why can't it be our decision whether our photographs can be downloaded and saved with a simple click like it was or go to a more complicated 'thing' ???

My feelings are clear, It should be our vote as they are our photographs. Leave it how it was. 'Criminals' are always going to find a way around security for something they want. I don't like seeing my photographs on others sites anymore than anyone else does, but the fact is that it is going to happen. Put a watermark on it, they can/will remove it. It is up to us as individules to go after those who steal. Furthermore, other than Stacy, (for all I know) no one else here is getting paid for their photographs of their dolls. As a professional, she would have the biggest legitimate complaint. Care to get involved in this one Stacy ?

I would like to put the matter to a vote please.

SL

INFORMATIONS