https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

My quests for 60-75 cm Dollfie!

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

My quests for 60-75 cm Dollfie!

Post by LadyPeridot »

Some of you may know I have under 27cm sized dolls. But recently, I have been wanting a pretty 2 feet or more dolly that I can have here with me in the dorm. I know my standards are usually seamless and realistic but, I always admired the beauty of dollfies. I just cringe at those 300-1000 price tags! I am trying to find a complete dollfie for under 200 that is at least 2 feet tall. I am asking for advice on where I can find one like this.

Griffonfeathers
Former Member

Re: My quests for 60-75 cm Dollfie!

Post by Griffonfeathers »

Hey LadyPeridot,

Well, deals like that are pretty few and far between but I've seen them on Ebay from time to time. The least expensive new dolls I've seen in that size range are the Bobobie dolls out of China. http://www.bobobie.com They take a little work to make reasonable to pose (they tend to be shipped very loosely strung, so they don't pose right out of the box. But once you've got them tightened up, and maybe even hot glue sueded, they're not bad.) but with some work they're not bad dolls. I'm not sure what shipping is like to order directly from them, but I think Junkyspot (http://www.junkyspot.com) has some in stock in that size range and they're in California.

Aside from that, keep an eye out for secondhand dolls on Ebay. Good luck! I hope you find one!! :)

- Wendy
The Collectress

Genie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Genie »

Are you super set on a Dollfie? Or would you be willing to look at other BJDs of the same size? I've noticed Angel of Dream dolls regularly popping up under 300, though not quite as low as 200. I've not played with one before, but heard they're pretty solid and well strung dolls.

http://stores.ebay.com/Dollfies-Fashion ... Z680955017 - This seller seems to be pretty decent and respected, though they're asking US$265 plus shipping for a full new AoD doll w/eyes, no wig.

Griffonfeathers
Former Member

Genie wrote:Are you super set on a Dollfie? Or would you be willing to look at other BJDs of the same size? I've noticed Angel of Dream dolls regularly popping up under 300, though not quite as low as 200. I've not played with one before, but heard they're pretty solid and well strung dolls.

http://stores.ebay.com/Dollfies-Fashion ... Z680955017 - This seller seems to be pretty decent and respected, though they're asking US$265 plus shipping for a full new AoD doll w/eyes, no wig.
Hey Genie,

D'oh! I'd thought she'd meant "dollfie" as the generic term for all BJDs (kind of like all facial tissue is now Kleenex, even though it's a specific brand name). LadyPeridot, if you do mean a Volks Dollfie, good luck. I don't know how that would happen. They hold their resale value like no other brand of BJDs and they're expensive to start with. I've never seen a secondhand resin Volks that didn't go for big bucks. Unless you mean the vinyl dollfie dreams, which are kind of a different animal all together.

Sometimes I forget how confusing and convoluted the BJD world really is.

Anyway, personally I don't care much for the Angel of Dream dolls, but they are comparatively inexpensive. For $200 ish doll in the 60 - 70cm range, you're most likely going to end up with a Chinese BJD. That's not all bad, some of the Chinese dolls are nicer than some of the little start up Korean companies I've seen. What I hate to see happen with this is someone gets an Angel of Dream or Bobobie and then thinks ALL BJDs are like that, decides they hate the hobby (because they really are hard to pose, and they're not a great representation of what BJDs can do) and then walks away from the dolls without ever having really experienced them.

Another option is to see if you have a local BJD group, and join up. I know the local group here will let people without dolls hang out, no problem, and sometimes you can get a really good deal on a doll that way. It's also a great opportunity to get your hands on a lot of different kinds of dolls and see what you like or don't like.

Good luck no matter which direction you decide to go in, LadyPeridot!

- Wendy
The Collectress

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

Thank you both for your helpful replys! Actually all this time I thought bobobie was that brand like the american barbie. I did not think they were that tall! Now that I look more at them it's really growing on me. THe faces are beautiful also. Oh Genie, that cheapest one there in your link said it only included the doll random eyes and underwear. It's amazing that with that price you'd think they would include the outfit and wig too! I will still keep an eye out on ebay for one though, thanks!!

Genie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Genie »

LadyPeridot wrote:Oh Genie, that cheapest one there in your link said it only included the doll random eyes and underwear. It's amazing that with that price you'd think they would include the outfit and wig too! I will still keep an eye out on ebay for one though, thanks!!
I'm more amazed by what some sellers are charging for clothing for BJDs, for even the smallest models. I've made and sold a few pieces before for expos and art shows so I know to some degree that doll clothing can be such a pain to do and the stitching takes for bloody ever, but up to 100 dollars for an outfit, not including shoes most times? Ouch, though maybe that's just my interpretation as a non-collector.

Good luck! Hope you find the right doll for you.

Griffonfeathers
Former Member

Genie wrote:I'm more amazed by what some sellers are charging for clothing for BJDs, for even the smallest models. I've made and sold a few pieces before for expos and art shows so I know to some degree that doll clothing can be such a pain to do and the stitching takes for bloody ever, but up to 100 dollars for an outfit, not including shoes most times? Ouch, though maybe that's just my interpretation as a non-collector.

Good luck! Hope you find the right doll for you.
Hey Genie,

I frequently try to warn people that the doll is the least expensive part of the hobby. Once you start getting into shoes, and clothing and wigs and props... well, it adds up pretty fast. I bought a pair of boots for one of my 63cm boy dolls that were $70 and I remember thinking "Holy cats, I've never spent $70 on shoes for ME!!!" but they were well worth it (beautifully made, and especially on such a tiny scale), and he was quite gorgeous in them. What can you do?

I've since let go of most of my big dolls so no more $70 pairs of boots, but now I'm seriously addicted to the tinies. Their doll houses eat up all the money I'm saving by not buying $70 boots. *sigh*

Oh man, LadyPeridot. Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into? :)

- Wendy
The Collectress

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

Oh I know I know. Thats why I just want a complete one, everything is done at a good price. I know I would want to buy more things for it, but i think I could be happy with a nice doll to sit on my shelf how it is.

INFORMATIONS