www.wmdolls.com

How many people actually have a male doll or are interested

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
viniz113
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by viniz113 »

Hey Def,vini here.Don't be mad,i did not insult you,i think :?: Was just wondering.That's a pretty costly hobbie you got there,but more power to you.And if you ask me most of forum members do have dolls for sex,but i may be wrong. G-DAY MATE,sorry couldn't resist. :D

deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

viniz113 wrote:Hey Def,vini here.Don't be mad,i did not insult you,i think :?: Was just wondering.That's a pretty costly hobbie you got there,but more power to you.And if you ask me most of forum members do have dolls for sex,but i may be wrong. G-DAY MATE,sorry couldn't resist. :D

I was not mad I just want to say just because same have a doll doesn't mean you have it for sex, the dolls are art too.. Not just 6K sex toys
Sincerely,
Deafleopard

You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Hey Deafleopard!

Thanks for the link to your photos...very cool indeed.

I was wondering about the surgery photos...???? Kind of cool though...
:)
~Celtic~

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

I've always wanted an RD Charlie, although in previous posts I've vacillated about his looks, I really do want one, and I am certain that I will want one of the new ones, too. Unless my circumstances change significantly in the future, I'll probably never have either one, but I can dream, can't I? :wink:

Congratulations on your impending purchase, it will be wonderful to have a new owner's perspective and feedback when you get your guy home!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Hiya Ricardo:

I have read a number of your posts and quite liked them.

I just discovered Realdolls a few months ago. I have been hooked ever since. And I do plan on owning more than just "Charlie". :D

I really don't mind his face...it's not bad. I have seen some bald pictures of him and I think he look a bit better without hair. I think if he had real eyebrows (the manly sort, you know, thick and bushy) and eyelashes that would be a big improvement. Still, I know that I am going to like him. I put a lot of thought into it and I couldn't wait anymore. I figure if I wanted anything this year that it was going to be a MRD. And there you have it. 8)

I can't wait for the new male doll to be released. I am interested in seeing the body types (if there are any) and the new face or faces.

I have never seen a Realdoll or any other types of dolls like this in my life. Nevertheless, it is thrilling. Some people collect cars, boats, motorcycles, or what have you. I guess dolls are just my thing.

Anyway, it was nice hearing for you...and keep dreaming....without dreams there is nothing....

~Celtic~

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Thanks, celtic, nice to hear from you, too! I'll keep dreaming.

I saw your post regarding hairstyles. I used to be a stylist so if you can't find a wig in the right style, let me know if I can help.

Keep us posted!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

I have made my own inflatable bodybuilder by heat-stretching from a Gorgeous Gavin doll:
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... 327#186327

I also own a Trigger Travis and various inflatable superhero PVC dolls - all mildly heat-stretched.

See my doll album here:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10722

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Ricardo:

I have been looking at all kinds of wigs...I thought of making one myself, but I haven't the time. I am a hair designer as well. And let's face it, sometimes it is better just buy the hair and make it look fantastic! However, I am looking for the prefect fit more than anything else. I did get some coloured silicone samples and have been using some hair swatches to get an idea of the colour(s) I want for my doll. I have been toying with the idea of a longer human hair wig that can be cut and tinted as well. I expect to have to wait on that until he gets home. But, I thought a level 10 human hair wig would give me some room for colour and making it perfect...maybe a foil process with high and low lights. Anyway, that is my two cents worth and thank you so very much for you input. I am grateful for that.

Please feel free to private message me and I will respond as I am able. I am currently overseas taking care of some business...

All the Best,

~Celtic~

sutherland
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Reply to remarks made by Abyss

Post by sutherland »

As somebody who shelled out $7,500 for the male realdoll it bothers me to hear the manufacturer describe the product as "not very attractive", "designed without a lot of research" and a "joke". Does Abyss intentionally not sell products that it believes to be worth the price? Will you give me a refund now?

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

Charlie is an awesome doll. Hundred times better looking in real and the website doesn't do it justice as when you see it.

Not good for a manufacturer rep to call it a joke...not good business practice at all.

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Reply to remarks made by Abyss

Post by Abyss »

sutherland wrote:As somebody who shelled out $7,500 for the male realdoll it bothers me to hear the manufacturer describe the product as "not very attractive", "designed without a lot of research" and a "joke". Does Abyss intentionally not sell products that it believes to be worth the price? Will you give me a refund now?
Okay, you guys apparently don't know the whole story. Before I get into it, let me just say that if YOU think the doll is good looking then why would you take someone else's opinion and request a refund on a doll that you have owned happily for three months? If you think Charlie is attractive then you should be happy with him and enjoy him.

Based on the opinions of many people interested in purchasing dolls, Charlie is not very attractive. I receive many more emails asking when a more attractive male doll will be available than I do asking about the existing doll. The existing doll WAS developed without research and with an inside joke in the development phase. If you saw the HBO special on the male doll from years ago you would see Matt McMullen says in that interview, and many subsequent interviews, that the male doll was an experiment to see what women wanted. No customer input was requested and the doll was created without input from clients. It is only in the past year that we have actively sought client input on what is desirable and started to look into creating product to specifically fit requests. Further, Matt McMullen designed the doll to appeal to women, which it does not (too heavy and women have a different sexual psychology). We have sold only 2 male dolls to female buyers in the entire history of the company. It is because this product was designed as a test that we discovered that most of the clients for the male dolls are men and that there is a different aesthetic desired (see the thread about the Twink dolls). When I stated the product was developed without research and as a test, that is exactly what I mean and it is accurate. From customer review, most people don't find Charlie attractive but that doesn't mean everyone thinks he's unattractive.

Now onto why this was initially a joke (this is also no secret and has been released in the media in several countries over several years):
As most of you know, Matt McMullen worked for Matt Krivicke and had Krivicke's help in developing the first female doll. Later, he made the RealDoll movie and named the character played by Ron Jeremy "Max Krivicke". Needless to say, Matt Krivicke wasn't terribly amused having his family name used that way. Shortly thereafter, McMullen decided to add a male doll to the line but he had no interest in making it himself. He still does not want to make male dolls which is why another male was never developed. He asked Matt Krivicke, a personal friend and professional sculptor to make the male doll so Krivicke gave his fee which McMullen didn't want to pay. Ultimately the prototype was made by Slade the RealDoll Doctor but it was too rough and disproportionate to use. Matt K gave an hourly rate to fix the sculpture and McMullen approved a pre-arranged fee. Matt K did what he could to make the body better but was not able to rebuild it to his standards. He still feels that the body proportions are not correct. Any future male dolls will be made from scans of real people so that the proportions are realistic.

Once the body was "finished" McMullen asked Krivicke to make the male face. As "revenge" and a joke, Krivicke made the face an exact likeness of McMullen (exact likenesses are his specialty). McMullen didn't find that quite as funny as everyone else did and tweaked the sculpture just enough to look like someone else. No major effort was made to make the doll exceptionally beautiful because it was a product test to see if there was actually any market for the male doll. After the introduction of the male doll little to no new product was added over several years. In 2006 Krivicke came on as CEO and Creative Director for Abyss. Since then he has wanted to make a new line of male dolls but has had more pressing priorities to take care of. As soon as he is able, he intends to remodel the existing male doll and add new bodies and faces. He has already started on 2 new faces and a new body.

As for selling a product for this cost, nowhere have we suggested it isn't worth the price or the best on the market. There are no other male dolls of this caliber available, and the quality of our workmanship is excellent regardless of whether the doll is male, female or transgender.

You should also bear in mind that we do not use this forum as an advertisement. In fact we have never paid for advertising ever in the history of the company. We are here as a service to clients and to provide information to the doll community. My personal presence on the forum has become part of my job description and I am here to give accurate information and assist clients.

I will end by repeating that if YOU find the current male dolls to be attractive then by all means go with that opinion. If you don't, then be happy to know that new male dolls will be developed in the future to meet other needs and tastes in the way our female dolls do. You purchased a product from accurate photographs on the website and based on your personal tastes, then saw someone else's opinion of that product - that does not entitle you to a refund. You ordered the doll because it appealed to you. My opinion or anyone else's should be irrelevant. The purchase of this type of product is very personal and no one else's opinion should matter, especially if that opinion is based solely on aesthetics rather than construction or durability etc. Beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder.

~Bronwen
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

HERE! HERE!

WELL PUT!

~Celtic~ :)

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

And Charlie has these great big masculine hands, which we understand are a life sculpt of Slades, and the feet are actually Matts, and the xxxxx, well, we don't know if that is a life sculpt or not do we...but wow, if it is:)

And Charlies face is so obviously Matts, that it must hurt him to have people say it is ugly. yes, the Torso is too short for the length of the legs, but it reduces the weight by having it shorter I suppose.

When you have candlelight on, and see Charlie lying on a bed, it is breathtaking!

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

The only thing I worry about the new RD is that he may be sort a...without a better word, "Chickish?"

In my opinion, and by being the 2nd woman to buy one (Apparently) I think that women want a decent sized guy, not one that is extremely ripped, or one that is basically a girl-like form, but just your average sized guy, like the kind of guy you work with in the office, or a college kind of guy

I haven't gotten my MRD yet so I can't really say much about him but based on his photos I think he looks terrific, I hope in the future to be able to use the Face-X system for the males as well, it seems fun to have so many options, personally I'm in love with the F14 and hope someday to buy a FRD when I find the money or maybe a used one

I think that Charlie's face is very sexy, it's all in how you look at him, or what turns you on. To be honest I was surprised that males were buying him more than females, since I ordered him I haven't felt one slightest regret, even with the weight issues and storage issues that I'm trying to iron out now, I look forward to his arrival and assure everyone here that I will keeping him well taken care off and take plenty of photos, I was excited for 5 months before making my final decision

♡♡Renate
♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

Something like this maybe

Man he is beyond sexy, his face is so alluring and his body is very well built

Id buy a RD like that in a second
♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

INFORMATIONS