Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll and Realbotix are now being publicly traded

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

doll doc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by doll doc »

I got an email from Realdoll stating that they have been bought by another company and as such, are going public so that people can buy and trade stock in the company. I hope this is positive news, but only time will tell.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

doll doc wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am I got an email from Realdoll stating that they have been bought by another company and as such, are going public so that people can buy and trade stock in the company. I hope this is positive news, but only time will tell.

How would this not be positive that Real Doll and Realbotix are growing and being publicly traded? I saw that email yesterday and was thrilled for them.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Real Doll and Realbotix are now being publicly traded

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

I notice that it's traded on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada. Often, a lot of start-ups as well as firms which might be considered fly-by-night are listed there. I just looked at its website:

I'll pass on it.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to unlisted company
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

I mean, the alternative could have been to completely cease operations, so I'd figure that has to be positive.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

jca wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:27 pm I mean, the alternative could have been to completely cease operations, so I'd figure that has to be positive.
I've been an investor long enough to view such public offerings with suspicion. I've owned penny stocks in the past and, if they didn't quickly sink out of sight and my collection of shirts was correspondingly reduced, they rose and then nose-dived before crashing and burning. (One I remember rose right after I bought it. I sold at close to what would have been its peak price and then it plunged down. I bought it again and the same thing happened. The third time I bought it, I lost my investment, but, still I made money off it earlier.)

I wouldn't be surprised if the new owners bought RD as a tax dodge or a deductible business loss.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

It's finish

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

jca wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:27 pm I mean, the alternative could have been to completely cease operations, so I'd figure that has to be positive.
How is that the alternative? Based on...?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

I do hope this works out for Abyss, but this just seems strange, and it even seems like this deal was made because it is the only way Abyss can continue to exist. Why would a well known brand be voluntarily acquired by a no-name crypto, NFT, "metaverse", and "tech" investment company? It just doesn't make sense to me, unless Abyss was desperate for cash.

Again, I hope it works out for them, and that they can get higher quality products out in a shorter amount of time, but this just seems really sketchy.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:38 am
doll doc wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am I got an email from Realdoll stating that they have been bought by another company and as such, are going public so that people can buy and trade stock in the company. I hope this is positive news, but only time will tell.

How would this not be positive that Real Doll and Realbotix are growing and being publicly traded? I saw that email yesterday and was thrilled for them.
Being acquired by a crypto/NFT investment company is a really strange way to grow a sex doll business.

Also, Abyss is not publicly traded. It's new parent company is, and the only notable stock exchange it's traded on would be the Toronto Stock Exchange. And even then it's still a penny stock that has traded for less than $1 CAD for most of its existence.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

This is quite a unique conglomeration adding Abyss creations/ real dolls to this other company. It makes me wonder what the synergies are, or how the new company is expecting to make a profit from the purchase of Abyss.

I know that the real dolls used to be the top, or best of breed, and the wait time was worth it. But so many other vendors are making such progress in the technology of the dolls, and materials that Abyss seems to be a company stagnant in time.

I know they were working heavily on integrating artificial intelligence into their products. But is a lot of us know being a pioneer in a field is very expensive. And the minute you reach your technological milestones, there will be others that will quickly integrated into their product.

We'll see what the future holds won't we?

Valery

Post by Valery »

I think if RD were bought by a Chinese company, replaced the expensive skeleton in the doll with a cheaper one and reduced the price to 2.5 - 3k usd, it would be a bestseller.
My dolls:
Alena - Realdoll Body D Face D Jenny
Beatrice - Dreamdoll X-Press Scarlett
Oksana - TPE Zelex ZT170C GE94-2 Carmen
Vivian - Orange In 168
My ex dolls:
Liya - Racemy TPE 158
Julia - Irontechdoll full silicone 166 Cinderella

Crashtodon2

Post by Crashtodon2 »

What a weird twist of events but after they silently launched their "new" showfloor robot platform a few days ago I'm really not surprised. Nothing good ever came out after the companies I was interested in went public, so best of luck to them, looks like they need it.
Irokebijin 95cm silicone · Rico B - Review - Galleries

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Valery wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:41 am I think if RD were bought by a Chinese company, replaced the expensive skeleton in the doll with a cheaper one and reduced the price to 2.5 - 3k usd, it would be a bestseller.
Why would they do that? They actually did and still do offer a Real Doll Classic, which is $5,400. However, it isn't the skeleton that makes Real Doll what Real Doll is. First, it is a doll company based in the United States. AFAIK the LAST. If anyone has ever seen and heard Matt McMullen or Mike WIlson interviewed about production and seen the plant (either in San Marcos or the current one in Vegas), you would see a very professional production facility that is sparkling clean and well equipped. Both of them also describe their meticulous production process as well as testing new ideas and improvements they have made along the way. With all the complaints I see on the forum about freuent QC issues, color mismatches, etc. they are not about Real Doll.

Abyss Creations was founded in 1996, They aren't still producing high quality dolls 28 years later by making decisions on the fly or lowering their standards. That has, of course, come with the challenges of maintaining a skilled labor force to produce dolls to their standard. The pandemic devastated businesses all over the world in every industry, yet Abyss has managed not only to stay the course but also relocate. There is still more than enough demand for the product, they produce, which has kept them in business for 28 years. Making rash decisions that weren't well informed and thought through isn't in their repertoire either. So speculate all you want, I'll wait and see what happens.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: My Harem Tent in My Desert Kingdom 🏜️ 🌵🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️💃👙🩴👗🌹🧘‍♀️

Post by Hot doll reviews »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 am
Valery wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:41 am I think if RD were bought by a Chinese company, replaced the expensive skeleton in the doll with a cheaper one and reduced the price to 2.5 - 3k usd, it would be a bestseller.
Why would they do that? They actually did and still do offer a Real Doll Classic, which is $5,400. However, it isn't the skeleton that makes Real Doll what Real Doll is. First, it is a doll company based in the United States. AFAIK the LAST. If anyone has ever seen and heard Matt McMullen or Mike WIlson interviewed about production and seen the plant (either in San Marcos or the current one in Vegas), you would see a very professional production facility that is sparkling clean and well equipped. Both of them also describe their meticulous production process as well as testing new ideas and improvements they have made along the way. With all the complaints I see on the forum about freuent QC issues, color mismatches, etc. they are not about Real Doll.

Abyss Creations was founded in 1996, They aren't still producing high quality dolls 28 years later by making decisions on the fly or lowering their standards. That has, of course, come with the challenges of maintaining a skilled labor force to produce dolls to their standard. The pandemic devastated businesses all over the world in every industry, yet Abyss has managed not only to stay the course but also relocate. There is still more than enough demand for the product, they produce, which has kept them in business for 28 years. Making rash decisions that weren't well informed and thought through isn't in their repertoire either. So speculate all you want, I'll wait and see what happens.
Or is this news a harbinger to something next level an innovation in dolls that’s in their back pocket, and going public will infuse them with the funds to make it go, and everyone will want one!
Attachments
Wow look at that realdoll robot I have to have her!
Wow look at that realdoll robot I have to have her!
IMG_3024.gif (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1041 times
She’s such a doll :plaidskirt: My November Girl……… Stay Hard and Drive Hard Brothers! - - Thanks for your excellent advice!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Well said. 👍🏻
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS