Flexible sensors for sexier dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Flexible sensors for sexier dolls

Post by Technician »

AIMD wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm
Technician wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 pm Short responses because I only have a few minutes.....

A quick search on Amazon for "flexible sensor" finds pretty much what you're concept is for this sensor in a variety of shapes and lengths, I never looked until now.
My ideas are built upon work from others and the flexible sensor idea came from work on flexible graphic wires for fabric. I was looking at the flexible sensors on Amazon (and DIY) but haven't come across anything about embedding graphite in TPE, although there are works about embedding graphite in silicone. The flexible sensors from Amazon and DIY appear to be more of the strip type but I could be missing something.
Copper doesn't bother me inside a doll because it would need to be encapsulated in plastic or something anyway so it doesn't oxidize.
Of course but it appears other information shows TPE and silicone can degrade certain types of plastic coatings. Not sure of the time frame of degradation though.
Wire jackets aren't a concern because silicone jacketed wire would be an obvious choice for flexibility.
I work with TPE and silicone doesn't play nice with it so this is why it's a concern.
A sensor that acts from sloshing like you described wouldn't be necessary because in code any sensor input can have it's timing accounted for so it would be like (but obviously not exactly as this is generic):

if(sensor_pulse_time >= A_ms)
do this
else if(sensor_pulse_time >= B_ms)
do that
else()
do some other thing
Again, I'm not well versed in programming and electronics so this is why I suggested multiple measuring points instead of timing, which I think would allow more discrete measuring points.
The strip sensors are what I was referring to, I don't think just putting graphite traces inside the doll would be long lasting so embedding sensors is my plan.
Silicone and TPE were reported to be compatible by other members here, and other resources say they are not, perhaps this should be tested on some TPE scrap. Plastic doesn't concern me, most TPE toys come wrapped in plastic.
The use of sensors to do much of anything requires a language, even just reading a sensor for instance, the sensor needs to be wired in to be 1/2 of a voltage divider, then the voltage is read by an analog input. That analog input turns it into a number which is then used in code. This is also good because the code can do frequent updates and calibrate automatically or when it's told by grabbing that number at idle and using it as a reference.
I'm an amateur C++ developer, C is the "big pill" though, Python is more hobby geared and is most commonly used in hobby robotics.
Again today short on time ...... My job is demanding.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

AIMD wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 pm
jeep2639 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 pm
AIMD wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 pm Yes of course and I agree. As a comparison human sensors are nerve endings and very localized (but we have many), and we also have an accelerometer/position sensor, the fluid in our ears, so I guess I'm trying to duplicate those but in a manner anyone can recreate from commonly found items. Of course things such as the analytical units would probably have to be bought unless someone has the necessary skills. But for the sensors almost anyone could create a custom shaped sensor out of graphite from pencils, molten TPE/silicone caulking, and aluminum foil. Perhaps someone could also figure out a crude analytical unit with common materials. I tend to 'devolve' my designs and ideas because it is far too easy to 'evolve' them to the point they become so complicated only specialized equipment can be used to create them. I believe all people should have the ability to create, no matter their level.
Have you thought about suggesting your ideas to some of the doll manufacturers who might listen? I keep sending ideas to XTdoll, and they seem to listen...
My ideas are open source so anyone can use them. If a manufacturer wants to use them then okay but they cannot restrict those ideas in any manner. I believe it is the tinkerers who create and expand the future so these ideas are for them.
I’m not suggesting to restrict them, just be more proactive in pointing them out to anyone who will listen (and is making dolls…)
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

jeep2639 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 pm
I’m not suggesting to restrict them, just be more proactive in pointing them out to anyone who will listen (and is making dolls…)
I'm just a tinkerer and if anyone else would like to be more proactive that is wonderful, but it's just not my thing. As you've mentioned previously there are ideas from here that have made it to doll manufacturers so everyone can enjoy the benefits of those ideas. Unfortunately sometimes those ideas don't trickle down to the less expensive dolls (which I happen to have) so I'm just throwing out ideas for people to be able to get the innovations without spending a lot of money. Yes, over time those innovations will probably trickle down but in what time frame? And there are people on here who make custom modifications and sell them but again that is not my thing. I prefer if people can do things for themselves and I know not all can but at least they might able to take the idea to someone else to have it made.
If manufacturers browse this site and implement the ideas that's great because then we get more realistic dolls and eventually at a lower cost.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

I think that the idea of aftermarket additions is great. You get a cheap doll, and you add enhancements as you like. That’s one of the reasons I believe accelerometers would work better, because you can put them pretty much anywhere… outside the doll. Think about a choker that has accelerometers, and transmits to headphones via Bluetooth… or, better yet, through low power Bluetooth to an app on your phone that allows customization of the voice…

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:17 am Think about a choker that has accelerometers, and transmits to headphones via Bluetooth… or, better yet, through low power Bluetooth to an app on your phone that allows customization of the voice…
That is quite an interesting idea of having an accelerometer in a choker since anyone could have acess to such a device without having to modify anything. Maybe portable sensors are another way to go, such as a vaginal insert, and the information is transmitted to an external unit via Bluetooth (to a phone app like you said, which receives information from all sensors) and then the results are transmitted back to the doll, such as in a speaker. An accelerometer could be used in conjunction with other forms of sensors for more precise feedback and these sensors could be disguised as anything.
Of course sensors could be embedded in the doll as well and be routed to internal analytical units or be used wirelessly, or a combination or portable and embedded sensors could be used together.
Fortunately an accelerometer can be made by a DIYer and Bluetooth modules are small enough but I'm not an electronics expert so others who are more knowledgeable could possibly weigh in on here.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

I think that everything starts with aftermarket products. Then, the innovative companies start making it part of their high-end products, or as options. Then, other manufacturers start doing it, and then it starts trickling into lower-end products.

Those sensors are very small. I believe in using batteries with them, even if they are embedded deep into the doll. So, how do you replace the batteries? You don't. They are rechargeable. How do you charge them? My preference would be inductive charging ("wireless charging") like you have in phones now, where you don't have to plug the phone to charge it. I think that if you could put the receptive part of inductive charging someone on the body where you would expect it to be (let's say the belly-button, we all know where it is and can point to it), and provided a power transmitter pad that you would need to put over the belly button, you will be able to charge the batteries without having a connector and a wire.

Just a thought...

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 pm I think that everything starts with aftermarket products. Then, the innovative companies start making it part of their high-end products, or as options. Then, other manufacturers start doing it, and then it starts trickling into lower-end products.

Those sensors are very small. I believe in using batteries with them, even if they are embedded deep into the doll. So, how do you replace the batteries? You don't. They are rechargeable. How do you charge them? My preference would be inductive charging ("wireless charging") like you have in phones now, where you don't have to plug the phone to charge it. I think that if you could put the receptive part of inductive charging someone on the body where you would expect it to be (let's say the belly-button, we all know where it is and can point to it), and provided a power transmitter pad that you would need to put over the belly button, you will be able to charge the batteries without having a connector and a wire.

Just a thought...
The inductive charging is an excellent thought, something I was thinking about this morning, but perhaps a supercapacitor instead of a battery for reliability and charging times, although I'm not sure about that one. Accelerometers are a good idea if used in conjunction with other types of sensors. An accelerometer knows something is being moved, how fast, and in what direction, but doesn't know why, whereas a localized pressure sensor can. I mean, if everything was accelerometers and during an earthquake your doll starts screaming "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE SUCH A STUD!! FUCK ME HARDERRRRRRRRR!!!!" would you be okay with the neighbours thinking you're the kinkiest fucker on the planet? 8O Whereas a localized pressure sensor might just be thinking "Oh, are you using a vibrator? Mmmm, nice." :wink: Everything has a place... :D

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

A portable pressure sensor could be disguised as crotchless panties, have the accelerometer in a choker around the neck, and a pressure sensor in the mouth for kissing, all transmitting to an external source. Those would all be fairly easy to make with technology that already exists and anyone could use them. Develop Bluetooth speakers specifically to go into a doll's mouth (larger versions of earbuds) or around her neck, create an app, and you have a product that actually wouldn't require much research since the technologies already exist.

b33
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by b33 »

The lack of technology and innovation in the doll world is staggering. You can barely get these companies to acknowledge there is a problem to be solved let alone invent or innovate.
Kaley 3.0 Zelex X165 GE94-2 head
Main Threadviewtopic.php?t=164426

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

b33 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 pm The lack of technology and innovation in the doll world is staggering. You can barely get these companies to acknowledge there is a problem to be solved let alone invent or innovate.
That is a problem but I think the underlying concept with these companies is imitation, not innovation, and research costs money (If it ain't broken don't fix it. Fuck I hate that saying). There are companies pushing forward with new ideas but usually because customers ask for them. Possibly another factor is a mistaken belief since these are sexdolls why should they be anything more? For those who have companions, from my understanding these tend to become far more, but I believe manufacturers don't to see that, they only see product and this is why I think the DIYers are so important to development. People who ask for more and others (amateurs, DIYers) who try to follow through are the ones on the forefront of innovation and the future.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I'm actually getting ready to work with inductive charging for another product we're developing but it occurred to me a while ago how perfect it is for a doll.
One thing I considered was a charging slipper. So the inductive pickup would be in her foot. A slipper that fits properly would ensure the optimal alignment of the charger.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Technician wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:10 pm I'm actually getting ready to work with inductive charging for another product we're developing but it occurred to me a while ago how perfect it is for a doll.
One thing I considered was a charging slipper. So the inductive pickup would be in her foot. A slipper that fits properly would ensure the optimal alignment of the charger.
Haha! Did you read the book "Annie Bot?" It's about a sex robot named Annie (and there is another one, too...). That's how they charge... In their foot... And I agree, between that and a glove, probably the best way.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Technician wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:10 pm I'm actually getting ready to work with inductive charging for another product we're developing but it occurred to me a while ago how perfect it is for a doll.
The slipper is an amazing idea, it makes things far more natural.
What about using the metal skeleton as a common electrical conduit or inductive antenna?

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Actually, I was hoping that the skeleton would be conductive from one end to the other. It could be used as the ground plane just like a car uses all the metal as the ground.
That really wouldn't be too hard to test, a couple of sewing needles for probes to just puncture the skin and touch the multimeter to.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

jeep2639 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 pm
Haha! Did you read the book "Annie Bot?" It's about a sex robot named Annie (and there is another one, too...). That's how they charge... In their foot... And I agree, between that and a glove, probably the best way.
No I didn't know that book existed, I have to look for it. Thank you

INFORMATIONS