Starpery.com

Beating heart with doll warming / circulatory system concept

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Beating heart with doll warming / circulatory system concept

Post by Technician »

As of late I've been 3D printing with TPE, it's interesting to say the least, but before anybody's mind drifts to sex, 3D printed TPE is not of a soft enough shore hardness for that kind of thing IMO.

Anyway, it got me thinking again of making bladders and diaphragms. Today I realized that small but powerful electromagnets are available on places like Amazon. These magnets have a threaded hole in the back which means two of them could be threaded together on either side of a diaphragm.
So now, if a small plastic heart were printed, containing such a diaphragm between two chambers, and a small hunk of metal placed on each outer wall of the heart chambers for the magnets to be drawn to it would be a simple matter of adding TPE flaps for reed valves to make a functioning, beating heart.
Control could be done by programming a microcontroller, or using a points type method to cycle them opposite each other.

Reading the reviews I saw that the magnets get very warm upon use, which is actually great for us since we could pump mineral oil (that is actually both good for TPE and dielectric) and the oil could cool the magnets, and take the heat through a thin vinyl tube circulatory system to distribute the heat.

It might be worth buying a cheap torso or a really cheap doll to test the theory at some point, I just wish my work space was currently somewhere I could do more.

Also, there's older news of soft pumps or actuators that use two conductors between a layer of dielectric fluid to make efficient movement in the field of soft robotics, but that's another story and I have not properly researched how they function
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Artbyrobot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Beating heart with doll warming / circulatory system concept

Post by Artbyrobot »

On my robotics project I plan to make a artificial heart to distribute demineralized water throughout the humanoid robot as a liquid cooling system. It would gather heat from the motors this way. I planned to just have a motor open and close a heart that is almost the same as a accordion musical instrument. The motor would reel in string which would open the accordion and then when motor turns the other way, it reels in another string which closes the accordion. These two strings just have to be wound around the motor in opposite winding directions, one is wound clockwise and one is wound counter clockwise. So while one is reeled in the other one is equally and oppositely being released. So a single motor can then handle both opening and closing the accordion heart. It would have to be a downgeared motor of course.

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Artbyrobot wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am On my robotics project I plan to make a artificial heart to distribute demineralized water throughout the humanoid robot as a liquid cooling system. It would gather heat from the motors this way. I planned to just have a motor open and close a heart that is almost the same as a accordion musical instrument. The motor would reel in string which would open the accordion and then when motor turns the other way, it reels in another string which closes the accordion. These two strings just have to be wound around the motor in opposite winding directions, one is wound clockwise and one is wound counter clockwise. So while one is reeled in the other one is equally and oppositely being released. So a single motor can then handle both opening and closing the accordion heart. It would have to be a downgeared motor of course.
:thumbs_up:
Interesting - Auto Engine Cooling System, 01.jpg
Interesting - Auto Engine Cooling System, 01.jpg (317.67 KiB) Viewed 342 times

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

The Doll Man wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am
Artbyrobot wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am On my robotics project I plan to make a artificial heart to distribute demineralized water throughout the humanoid robot as a liquid cooling system. It would gather heat from the motors this way. I planned to just have a motor open and close a heart that is almost the same as a accordion musical instrument. The motor would reel in string which would open the accordion and then when motor turns the other way, it reels in another string which closes the accordion. These two strings just have to be wound around the motor in opposite winding directions, one is wound clockwise and one is wound counter clockwise. So while one is reeled in the other one is equally and oppositely being released. So a single motor can then handle both opening and closing the accordion heart. It would have to be a downgeared motor of course.
:thumbs_up:
Interesting - Auto Engine Cooling System, 01.jpg

The concept of warming up a doll and comparing it to the cooling system of an automobile engine is not a good analogy. And automobile engine only converts about 30% to 35% of the heat energy in the fuel to usable energy through the transmission to move the vehicle. The rest is waste Heat that is managed by getting rid of it through the cooling system and things like exotic covers over the exhaust system. The whole purpose of an automobile cooling system is to deal with waste Heat. It's even hard to make a large resistive heater for an electric vehicle because of the amount of power it takes to create enough through resistive elements like small portable heaters with fans.

I would think a better design would be something that warms blood before the hospital allows it to flow into the patient. It's kept cool for stability and yet needs to be warmed up to body temperature before it is allowed into the patient's veins. I'm sure a dialysis machine does a similar heating function.

INFORMATIONS