betterlovedoll.com

Research article used as justification to ban young looking dolls in Australia

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Jugo

Research article used as justification to ban young looking dolls in Australia

Post by Jugo »

The following research article was used as justification to ban child like dolls in Australia

https://www.aic.gov.au/sites/default/fi ... _dolls.pdf

I think it is quite well written, but I am not sure the research used to back it up is particularly comprehensive. It would be interesting to read newer research on the subject and also Japanese and Chinese research since they appear to have a different view. Please post if you have any links.

One thing I found annoying is that the authors quote research articles claiming that female sex dolls objectifies women. That may or may not be the case, but why the focus on women, wouldn't the same apply to male sex dolls and men?

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Research article used as justification to ban young looking dolls in Australia

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

Jugo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm One thing I found annoying is that the authors quote research articles claiming that female sex dolls objectifies women. That may or may not be the case, but why the focus on women, wouldn't the same apply to male sex dolls and men?
I think if you were to ask the author(s), they'd say yes.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Research article used as justification to ban young looking dolls in Australia

Post by Gaijin »

I'm guessing the politicians didn't read the Abstract: "the implications of these products, and especially their link with child contact sexual offending, remain unclear."

I'm not a fan of child-like sex dolls, at all, but "maybe?" seems like a weak justification for banning the products altogether. If they were honest and just claimed that they don't like them, and don't want them sold in their country, I could respect that more. No need to hide their morality behind some research that doesn't back them up 100%.

INFORMATIONS