Starpery.com

Cleaning Hard Hands Line/Repairing Tiny Pits

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Cleaning Hard Hands Line/Repairing Tiny Pits

Post by Synthian »

Hello awesome TDF people, our first silicone body, an Irontech 168B hard hands/feet, showed a clear dirt line where the body silicone meets the hard hands/feet. Even after a soapy shower the line was still there. On tpe I hand rub baby oil to the loosen the dirt and soapy shower it off. Baby oil is a no-go for silicone so I found cosemetic grade 100% dimenthicone (silicone based) and used the same procedure. Life-hack: I used an Astroglide water lube cap for controlled pour.

Cosmetic Dimenthicone:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BY2P73Z8?ps ... ct_details
SinsuaLuvr wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:42 am Wow… seems to do a pretty good job cleaning up. ... silicone components adsorbs to the surface of cured silicone and the molecules are exchangeable, meaning they can migrate into the polymer structure of cured silicone, causing it to swell to the point that it can damage a dolls integrity.

There are a lot of mixed messages out there so your doll and mileage may vary...
Hi SinsuaLuvr, thank you for sharing your detailed knowledge of dimethicone! I see that you are indeed correct that the molecules can migrate. The dimethicone actually seems to be "healing" the tiny pits in her shoulders where I did a test area a week ago. Those small pits developed over the six months since she arrived.

I gave her whole body a spa day with the dimethicone which is 100% pure like your second article recommends. She is a little stickier and I let her air dry for a 1/2 day, similiar to after a TPE baby oil spa day which I have to let dry for a day. I don't use baby powder, so the stickiness seems natural.

After 11 days her skin everywhere feels rejuvenated and the tiny pits on her shoulder have disappeared :D !

Dirty line that would remain after soap cleaning (she's dirty now, but the line is pretty much the same)
dirty.jpg
dirty.jpg (902.86 KiB) Viewed 113 times
After rubbing dimethicone and soapy showering with a microfiber cloth. Wow!
clean.jpg
clean.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 113 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Kimmi Lovecok
Doll
Doll

Re: Cleaning Hard Hands Line/Repairing Tiny Pits

Post by Kimmi Lovecok »

⬜
🧭 Interesting, Similar or Related Topics:
★ How to clean your silicone doll:
viewtopic.php?t=45720

★ Staining of silicone dolls by contact with clothes, does it happen?
viewtopic.php?t=180125

★ Does silicone stain like TPE?:
viewtopic.php?t=178214

INFORMATIONS