sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to label silicone inserts?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
zenwryly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How to label silicone inserts?

Post by zenwryly »

I ended up with 4 different silicone inserts which are unmarked and hard to identify visually. I want to label them on the outside of the insert which is hidden inside the doll when installed. I've tried 2 different permanent markers but it rubs off almost completely on the first wash and there's barely a hint of the mark after subsequent washes.

What can I use to mark or label silicone permanently or semi-permanently? Do I have to go the full silicone painting route? Is there any less involved option for something like this where perfection serves no purpose? I suppose I could fallback to using labeled produce bags and use discipline to keep the right insert in the right bag, but it would be nice to have some label that stays with the insert itself.

(They're Elsa Babe inserts, though I don't think that matters here, I'm asking how to mark silicone in general.)

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: How to label silicone inserts?

Post by SxDolled »

Not experienced with this, but, you could try:
1) Permanent markers designed for use on non-porous surfaces
2) Oil based permanent markers

Additionally, look for markers that are also water resistant.
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

zenwryly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zenwryly »

SxDolled wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 pm 1) Permanent markers designed for use on non-porous surfaces

Excellent suggestions, thanks!

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

zenwryly wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 pm
SxDolled wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 pm 1) Permanent markers designed for use on non-porous surfaces

Excellent suggestions, thanks!

Anytime 🙂
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

zenwryly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zenwryly »

While researching, I got the sense from many sources that one of the reasons silicone is such a good material for such purposes is that the only thing that bonds with it is itself, other silicone, and that this means pretty much no other kind of paint or ink will last long. I found an Amazon answer that indicates oil-based permanent markers won't last long on silicone. I also found a PDF from a museum trying to label silicone molds that samples many methods and pretty much backs up the conclusion that there's nothing less involved for labeling silicone than some kind of silicone paint.

Given all that and that silicone doll ownership pretty much guarantees you'll be doing at least minor silicone repair regularly, I decided I'll just bite the bullet and find a silicone-based solution. I already have some Sil-Poxy for minor repairs and I read that Silc-Pig silicone pigments can be added to it, so I'm going to get the Silc-Pig sampler and experiment with mixing that with Sil-Poxy. I'll try to remember to report back here.

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

You can always baby powder the outside of inserts to keep them from getting sticky and put each in their own ziplock type bag and label the bag. I think she can only hold 1 insert at a time.

zenwryly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zenwryly »

HappyWabbit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:09 pm ...put each in their own ziplock type bag and label the bag.
Yeah, that's what I meant by:
zenwryly wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:45 pm II suppose I could fallback to using labeled produce bags and use discipline to keep the right insert in the right bag...

INFORMATIONS