realsexdoll.com

Going to buy a doll

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

miketr2014
Apprentice
Apprentice

Going to buy a doll

Post by miketr2014 »

Hi everyone,

Happy to introduce myself to everyone! I joined the forum out of curiosity years ago, but more recently, when I found out I am going to become single again, I have become serious about buying a full size doll, say about 4'11" to 5'3". I've had two wives, marriages that both lasted many years, and while I have no regrets, I just am not interested in remarrying. Marriage is a lot of work, and while it took me many years to get to this point, I'm now ready to just be on my own. But I want the feeling of the presence of a woman, and a substitute that is nice to look at and hug and snuggle with and of course to have sex with whenever I feel like it. I'm fine with my personal relationships with real women just being friendly and platonic.

So lately I have been reading a lot on the forums and looking at vendor and manufacturer sites.
I want to say this is such a wonderfully supportive and informative forum. I really appreciate it.
Sometime in the next several months I am planning to buy a doll, but I'm still in the middle of thinking about different options and would like further feedback regarding the points I make below about different options.

I considered starting with a Kimber, but I just do not like the face. I considered getting a Kimber then buying a separate head, but I have read on here some people feel the Kimber tpe is not of good enough quality and I wondered what people think about that. And the body is not exactly what I'd like, although it is nice enough. I still wonder about that option though.

I also considered buying a non-approved more inexpensive a---i doll, but people on the forum do urge that you go with a more known quantity that has more consistently high quality so I changed my mind about that. I'm still considering.

And I also like the look of the Zelex SLE dolls, I'm just not sure about it because it's a newer material, softness between TPE and soft silicone. Is it more realistic to the touch, more like a toned body than TPE? Is TPE too squishy? And I don't know if the SLE will hold makeup. I'd also be interested in member's thoughts on this.

After doing a lot of reading and considering, I am considering a WM doll that is light weight but with decent sized (DD,E,F,G,H) breasts and a thin waist and not a big butt.
I am not as interested in the versimilitude of silicone, more in the soft feeling of TPE. The TPE doll heads and bodies look real enough for me from the various factory photos and videos I have seen.

I like these bodies:
wmdoll-155cm-dd-cup-body
wmdoll-158cm-g-cup-body
Here are some links to an approved vendor for the bodies:
https://www.sexdolls-shop.com/product/w ... -cup-body/
https://www.sexdolls-shop.com/product/w ... -cup-body/

Does anyone have other suggestions for bodies in this arena? They don't HAVE to be WM doll bodies.

Another question - I was wondering what exactly the option to coat the lips means? And would I then be not able to change the lip color?

I would like to be able to make up the doll to my tastes and change that periodically. That is another reason I am considering TPE, I gather it's easier to make up than silicone.
I really like the look of the WM #237 head. I've look at the marketing photos and also several factory photos. Does anyone have any links to a live moving video with that head?
Can anyone share any pics besides the ones I've found here on the forum and out on the doll factory photos site? I also found a few factory photos on X.
I don't like the new bimbo doll head. #237 is the only one with exaggerated features that I like. I also like and am open to dolls with beautiful faces. I know they are almost all really pretty, but the most attractive heads. I know the makeup and marketing photos can obscure this, so I wonder what your thoughts on the most attractive and yet still sexy heads are.

I would like to be able to make up and dress up a doll and take photos of specific scenarios that interest me, but I don't care if the photo is indistinguishable from a real woman. I'd like to be able to stand the doll up without spending hundreds on a stand and I wonder what options people have found for this. I also understand you can request a bolt in the upper back to stand the doll up, and I am wondering exactly how that works, like maybe with photos where the bolt is visibly in use? And I assume this back bolt can be removed when desired and screwed back in when needed again?

Thanks so much!

Miss Barkley
Doll
Doll

Re: Going to buy a doll

Post by Miss Barkley »

miketr2014 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:16 pm
Happy to introduce myself to everyone!
⬜Finaly! :glou:

I've had two wives, marriages that both lasted many years, and while I have no regrets, I just am not interested in remarrying. Marriage is a lot of work, and while it took me many years to get to this point, I'm now ready to just be on my own. But I want the feeling of the presence of a woman, and a substitute that is nice to look at and hug and snuggle with and of course to have sex with whenever I feel like it. I'm fine with my personal relationships with real women just being friendly and platonic.
⬜It sounds really honest and I totally understand you,
in a way we are in a very similar position..

I want to say this is such a wonderfully supportive and informative forum. I really appreciate it.
⬜Yeap.

⬜⬜TDF - One & Only One on wholle Planet Earth!
:thumbs_up:

I considered starting with a Kimber, but I just do not like the face. I considered getting a Kimber then buying a separate head, but I have read on here some people feel the Kimber tpe is not of good enough quality and I wondered what people think about that. And the body is not exactly what I'd like, although it is nice enough. I still wonder about that option though.
⬜I like Kimber Doll very much! :D :thumbs_up:

I also considered buying a non-approved more inexpensive a---i doll, but people on the forum do urge that you go with a more known quantity that has more consistently high quality so I changed my mind about that. I'm still considering.
⬜Don't choose unverified manufacturers,
that's my personal advice!

After doing a lot of reading and considering, I am considering a WM doll that is light weight but with decent sized (DD,E,F,G,H) breasts and a thin waist and not a big butt.
⬜Personally, I'm very much in favor of the WM,
but that's just my personal opinion,
which I've come to by looking at hundreds of photos...

I would like to be able to make up the doll to my tastes and change that periodically. That is another reason I am considering TPE, I gather it's easier to make up than silicone.
⬜I am a passionate fan of inflatable dolls,
so my personal choice in the "World of Silicone and TPE"
would be the TPE variant...

miketr2014 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:16 pm I would like to be able to make up and dress up a doll and take photos of specific scenarios that interest me, but I don't care if the photo is indistinguishable from a real woman.
⬜⬜Sound Great! :D :thumbs_up:
⬜BestWishes!

🗃️ Tessy's Drawer

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Welcome to the TDF community!

I can also recommend either WM dolls, they are reputable, beautiful and a great starting point.

Go with a vendor that has been vetted here in TDF. I can’t recommend too many other sellers or websites as scams and dolls of questionable quality are unfortunately all too common. Dolls are an investment in yourself… go with a reputable vendor that answers your questions, offers discounts and extra options.

Don’t only focus on beauty and height. The most common thing that creates failure with these new gurls is weight. Most people seem to want something of similar height as themselves. You likely won’t be doing any dancing or taking long walks holding hands. Dolls are however wonderful couch potatoes and cuddle bugs. Keep in mind, You will literally be doing everything for her from dressing, moving and cleaning. So those long limbs and dead weight rightfully should be as important and the vendor and cost. I think height is seriously over rated and typically only adds to the weight. Seriously consider what her intended use is…. (Photos? Intimacy? Companionship? ) and how she will fit into your life and living spaces.

Doll intimacy is not like any sex you may have previously experienced. Being at equal height does not guarantee you will line up well for kissing and penetration. Your imagination is more important. Having a weight that is manageable will greatly enhance your performance and intimacy time. You likely won’t be having wild multi-positional sex. Reality is doll Intimacy will usually come down to a planned and staged position, your choice of stimulation via oral or other penetration and then cuddles and clean up. Those long limbs have a notorious and uncanny ability to snag door jams, shower curtains, bedding and generally have a mind of their own. It can be challenging to maneuver with your gurl and manage, her weight and various limbs all at the same time.

Height usually becomes a storage concern, think about where she will spend time when you are not with her. Will she stay in your bed? Or will she need space in storage under your bed or closet? Depending on her curves and beauty, her height will seldom be an issue for you nor seem like improper height ratios. I would even recommend going smaller for your first doll but dolls from 100cm to 130cm, but these are easily mistaken for appearing childlike and could be legally prohibited in your area.

IMHO for your first doll, highly consider her weight no more than 80 lbs (25-35kg). Also try keep her height between 148cm to 160cm. Budget only what you are comfortable to spend as disposable income.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Welcome to the forum miketr2014 and congrats on your searching for your perfect companion... It's been awhile since I've been on here... you know life sometimes.

As to your questions... I'll try to answer as many as I can... First, stick to a reputable vendor... all the vendors here go through a pretty rigorous screening process... the one I've done the most business with is with Sexy Real Sex Dolls.

I don't know that much about Kimber because they were just coming onto the market the last time I posted here... but I'm sure someone in the forum can help you BUT remember you are spending a pretty good chunk of change for these dolls so personally I'd get what is going to keep me happy doing photo shoots, etc.

Now as to the differences between TPE and Silicone... There are several drawbacks to TPE, they are less durable than silicone. I have silicone dolls which are now 20 years old plus silicone is a bit easier to repair. TPE is more prone to bacteria and mold if not cared for properly. Bottom line you will need to wash, oil and powder your gal if you are active with your sex play. With that said I have TPE gals which are about 12 years old and they are starting to get some splits in the TPE. Generally these happen around the fingers and joints but can occur on the flat areas as well. Repair on TPE is a little more complicated in my experience.

These drawbacks should not keep you from getting or owning TPE as a matter of fact, I generally recommend those new to dolls try TPE first to see if this is something you would like to get into without the additional cost of silicone. While, these gals look great in the website photos you do have several other factors you should also consider. The big one is weight and we have not reached the tech yet to have a doll which moves on her own now there are ways to help you move these gals around like an office chair or wheel chair to the room you are going to.

As to your question about the option coat to the lips is just a clear coat to keep the color on a little longer but you should be able to remove it when you want a change but if you are unsure ask the vendor you are purchasing your doll from.

As to the WM Doll 155 I actually have that doll and while she's fun buying clothing can be a hit or miss this is because she has a wasp waist...
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 407 times
IMG_1058.jpeg
IMG_1058.jpeg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 407 times
All the rest of my gals are 166 and up.

Remember, the important thing is to consider your budget do not use income that you will need and you have a reserve to take care of any emergencies which may come up or like many found out they were selling their dolls because they used funds they needed and or they did not really know what they were getting into.

As to not wanting to buy a stand you can always get standing feet where to can lean your gal against the wall...
IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 407 times
Good luck in your search for your perfect love.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

Nice of you to finally introduce yourself miketr2014 haha

From the description you provided (and an added maximum weight of 35kg) I've narrowed down our range of dolls to about 250 dolls: https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-do ... 00%3A35000

Feel free to have a browse, play around with our filters and reach out if you have any questions or need any help.

Hope this helps you pick out a doll that you adore 😊
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Welcome to TDF, miketr2014!

You are definitely doing things the right way, by reading and learning here, as well as asking questions. Reminds me of how I was about 6 months ago.

Best wishes in your journey, from Isabella and me. You're definitely getting some great advice here, but you can feel free to reach out if you desire.
IMG_20240305_164911132.jpg
IMG_20240305_164911132.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 401 times
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

miketr2014
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by miketr2014 »

Thanks so much, this answered several of the questions I had and everyone is very welcoming in the community! I will keep the weight in mind, in the 70 lb range or less. people always mention it so I know it is important. And I am very much a conscientious purchaser. Definitely will stick with what I can afford.

miketr2014
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by miketr2014 »

SxDolled wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 pm

From the description you provided (and an added maximum weight of 35kg) I've narrowed down our range of dolls to about 250 dolls: https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-do ... 00%3A35000

Feel free to have a browse, play around with our filters and reach out if you have any questions or need any help.

Wow, that's a lot of choices! Thank you, and what a great useful search engine! I should have also mentioned I'm looking for a face that looks, lets say, not old, but older than the early 20s. There are some really beautiful dolls that I wouldn't pick because they look to young for my tastes. I see there's a good mix here, Ill have to look through it and see if I have any questions. Thanks again!

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

miketr2014 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:40 pm
SxDolled wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 pm

Wow, that's a lot of choices! Thank you, and what a great useful search engine! I should have also mentioned I'm looking for a face that looks, lets say, not old, but older than the early 20s. There are some really beautiful dolls that I wouldn't pick because they look to young for my tastes. I see there's a good mix here, Ill have to look through it and see if I have any questions. Thanks again!

You're most welcome!

Hmm, we definitely have many dolls that look like they're in their late 20s and beyond that you might like, but I'll let you have a look around yourself first. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help 🙂

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Get a hybrid doll...silicone head & TPE body, less expensive than a full silicone doll, the newer ROS (Real Oral Sex) silicone heads have my interest, just purchased one I am going to put on an old TPE torso of mine, with this combo you get the realism in the face with silicone, and the softness of a TPE body :D

miketr2014
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by miketr2014 »

I'm still concerned about the softness of the face, as I'm planning to touch and smooch it. I know what a flesh light feels like... Is TPE like that? I would worry that's almost too soft. I feel like I'm in a tactile vacuum about the materials. At some point I think maybe you have to actually touch and squeeze the different materials. I've watched plenty of videos of people jiggling different Materials Of dolls And saying that's very soft or that's a little firmer But these are such vague terms. I wish I could get a better understanding of the materials feel. Has anyone written up any documents for example to help with that on this site or somewhere else A vendor or manufacturer website?

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Your more higher end silicone dolls with gel buts, tits, etc. are probably more softer than TPE, but the cost is much higher, yes TPE softness is similar to your Fleshlignt, not sure how soft a ROS silicone head will be, but I will be finding out soon, older non oral silicone heads with implanted hair were not soft at all. :D

miketr2014
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by miketr2014 »

cost will definitely be a factor in favor of TPE, I agree. Yes, I've Seen videos of people pushing on the harder silicone heads and I definitely don't want anything remotely like that degree of hardness even if It is incredibly realistic.

INFORMATIONS