www.irontechdoll.com

That Disheartening Sound and Sight of a New Doll Breaking

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: That Disheartening Sound and Sight of a New Doll Breaking

Post by The Doll Advocate »

UpperLower wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 am
Luiskjr wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:03 am question:
how can you be sure the stainless broke?
as opposed to screw/bolt loosed and detached?
I don’t hear any rattling to suggest the nut and bolt came out.
Agree, the bolt coming out is extremely unlikely,
The joints are tightly wrapped with a cloth type material and then surrounded by the silicone.
Even if the nut did come off ,the surrounding material would hold the bolt in the pivot.

But I'll go even further and let's pretend thats what happened, your STILL going to have to cut into her to fix it .

I really do hope they send you a new doll .

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Luiskjr wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:03 am question:
how can you be sure the stainless broke?
as opposed to screw/bolt loosed and detached?
From the two Silicone dolls I've worked on:
Silicone doll, foam core. Let's assume the nut loosened, let's go all the way and assume there is no fiber-tape wrapping and it fell off. Within the foam encapsulation there is no space for the bolt to slide out. And that foam is really stiff, they use at least a 20lb foam. It has to be cut and the pieces pulled out to extract the bolt.
Soooo, the back would be super loose, but not disconnected, and there would be no grinding sounds.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

One solution is rather simple I think. If the t-section had a hole bored through at the center the “spine” could be inserted through it (green). At both ends of the end of the t-section and through the inserted spine, a pin rod could slide through and hold the spine in place (blue). This would make the t-section a joint for swinging the upper torso back and forth

Though perhaps using a pin rod would make the swivel too loose? Gear joints at both ends of the t-section might be better?
Attachments
IMG_4053.jpeg
IMG_4053.jpeg (256.13 KiB) Viewed 411 times
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

Yeah, unfortunately where I live I have a 100amp limit on my house and only a small shed so no real room for a TIG welder. Also the argon gas is really expensive here. Not to mention learning another skill as I've heard it's not as easy as a simple fluxcore MIG that I use.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

ArcanePath wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:22 pm Yeah, unfortunately where I live I have a 100amp limit on my house and only a small shed so no real room for a TIG welder. Also the argon gas is really expensive here. Not to mention learning another skill as I've heard it's not as easy as a simple fluxcore MIG that I use.
Not only that, you have to de-bone your girl to get the pipes out to weld. Sit only does that suck, but "re-boning" her and trying to re-secure the flesh back onto the bones is damn difficult.
Search "Bubbles broken back at Reverend Jack's" to see my painful journey down that road. And she was TPE, no foam core to deal with. I would not try to debone a silicone gal.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There are advantages to Silicone and disadvantages, when the Rev says "damn difficult", then prospective buyers of complex construction Silicone dolls, think twice :whistle:

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

That sounds really painful, so much so that I would have taken it as an opportunity to not only upgrade, but maybe put some robotics in like the auto gyrating hips that they sell. I would probably be a little out of my depth but I've often completed projects beyond my skill level with electronics and machinery, learning new things or muddling through with lots of advice and help. Stuff I never thought possible until I spent some quality time on it. All depends how far you are willing to go, and these days I would probably not bother on my old TPE doll. My silicone doll is the one I care about.

magnussam

Post by magnussam »

UpperLower wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:48 pm It’s is with terrible news that my beloved brand new Irontech 167cm Ultra Soft Silicone with the bj motion has broken too soon.

No, not the bj motion. Amazingly that’s still operating fine. I just wanted to arch her back when suddenly the sound of a break occurred and her upper half flopped back.

The silicone remains in tact, but her upper half is definitely no longer connected to her lower half. In the video, you can hear the eerie grinding of metal at the break. The photo is where i presume the weld snapped.

Tonight I weep.
I don't have any useful knowledge to offer here, but I just want to say that I empathize. This totally SUCKS!

I really hope Irontech comes through with some sort of compensation for you, UpperLower. Especially since you seem to really like the doll! What a disappointment.

It is stories like this that gets me inclined to go the route of more inexpensive TPE dolls again.

QC even with expensive dolls seem to be a crap shoot. (of course there are always lemons in any manufactured goods, but with sex dolls this seems to happen pretty regularly). I have owned/own 6 dolls now 2 expensive the others cheaper, and 3 of them have had some sort of manufacturing problems that cropped up right at unboxing (all manufacturing issues, nothing to do with shipping), and the others around the 2 week mark).

I also noted in the Coeros video of the Irontech factory tour that staff at Irontech themselves noted that the back joint of their skeletons is the most commonly point of breakage. It blows my mind that they acknowledge this, but neglected to say if they have done anything to strengthen this part of the skeleton. (At least, they didn't mention this in the Coeros video).

Anyhow, wishing you the best of luck.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

UpperLower wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:48 pm It’s is with terrible news that my beloved brand new Irontech 167cm Ultra Soft Silicone with the bj motion has broken too soon.

No, not the bj motion. Amazingly that’s still operating fine. I just wanted to arch her back when suddenly the sound of a break occurred and her upper half flopped back.

The silicone remains in tact, but her upper half is definitely no longer connected to her lower half. In the video, you can hear the eerie grinding of metal at the break. The photo is where i presume the weld snapped.

Tonight I weep.
Hi UpperLower, your beloved still looks beautiful and frankly that motion you showed will be way more realistic than she was before. You just have to reattach that back-to-hip joint. I used a Captive Shackle I got at West Marine for the 3rd and final surgery still holding for 1.5 years. She can sit in her wheelchair and the couch, but no standing or arm-less chairs.
05 1 inch diameter.JPG
05 1 inch diameter.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 316 times
Captive U Shackle.PNG
Captive U Shackle.PNG (164.24 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

magnussam

Post by magnussam »

magnussam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 am

Tonight I weep.
I don't have any useful knowledge to offer here, but I just want to say that I empathize. This totally SUCKS!

I really hope Irontech comes through with some sort of compensation for you, UpperLower. Especially since you seem to really like the doll! What a disappointment.

It is stories like this that gets me inclined to go the route of more inexpensive TPE dolls again.

QC even with expensive dolls seem to be a crap shoot. (of course there are always lemons in any manufactured goods, but with sex dolls this seems to happen pretty regularly). I have owned/own 6 dolls now 2 expensive the others cheaper, and 3 of them have had some sort of manufacturing problems that cropped up right at unboxing (all manufacturing issues, nothing to do with shipping), and the 2 others around the 2 week mark). 1 doll out of 6 that seems to work as advertised seems like a pretty bad industry batting average. Perhaps I was just unlucky?

I also noted in the Coeros video of the Irontech factory tour that staff at Irontech themselves noted that the back joint of their skeletons is the most commonly point of breakage. It blows my mind that they acknowledge this, but neglected to say if they have done anything to strengthen this part of the skeleton. (At least, they didn't mention this in the Coeros video).

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

ArcanePath wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 am That sounds really painful, so much so that I would have taken it as an opportunity to not only upgrade, but maybe put some robotics in like the auto gyrating hips that they sell.
When I get a response back from Irontech, I might inquire about this. I wonder if the gyrating hips mechanism involves a better secured lower back? I have high doubts though, and the one reason why I originally didn’t get the hip movement was I’ve seen a few posts of customers having complications with it. Typically the motor doesn’t last or it makes the doll difficult to position. If it does mean the connection at the lower back is more secured, I’ll try and upgrade to it, but still never use it out of precaution.
Synthian wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:16 am
Hi UpperLower, your beloved still looks beautiful and frankly that motion you showed will be way more realistic than she was before. You just have to reattach that back-to-hip joint. I used a Captive Shackle I got at West Marine for the 3rd and final surgery still holding for 1.5 years. She can sit in her wheelchair and the couch, but no standing or arm-less chairs.
05 1 inch diameter.JPG
Captive U Shackle.PNG
Unfortunately I’m not comfortable with the “more realistic” motion she has now. I certainly can arch her back a lot better now :D but I don’t like the instability. Plus, with this doll still having the bj motor still functioning, I’d like to still enjoy it with her being down on her knees. That’ll require a good solid fix that I might have to get creative with outside of the realm of welding as I have zero skill in that trade and therefore, zero confidence that I will succeed without damaging the doll further.

This is the first and so far only doll that has structurally broke on me. Loosening joints over time has been the only “bad” experience I’ve had until now.

I’m crossing my fingers that Irontech is willing to replace this doll, especially since it hasn’t been a full month of owning it yet. My expectation isn’t too high though.
magnussam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 am

QC even with expensive dolls seem to be a crap shoot. (of course there are always lemons in any manufactured goods, but with sex dolls this seems to happen pretty regularly). I have owned/own 6 dolls now 2 expensive the others cheaper, and 3 of them have had some sort of manufacturing problems that cropped up right at unboxing (all manufacturing issues, nothing to do with shipping), and the others around the 2 week mark).

To my surprise, I do really like this doll! I thought my experience with Starpery was the last time I purchased silicone, but Irontech’s ultra soft impresses me.

Matt from Irontech was really helpful not only in getting this doll ordered for me, but also in my inquiries about creating a custom head. While my expectation isn’t high, I do have some optimism since I purchased this doll directly from Irontech rather through a different vendor. I mean, there is at least a bit of a rapport to work with.

And hey, your knowledge is useful! I hadn’t seen the tour video so you taught me something new about Irontech that I didn’t know when I went in to buy this doll.

//

To Rev and others with the helpful repair advice and past experience, thank you so very much for sharing the info with me and giving me the heads up before I attempt surgery on this doll. It is very deeply appreciated!
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

Yeah Matt is pretty helpful, but ordering direct from IT looses you A LOT of money. Their vendors give huge discounts and I found out it's because they don't like dealing direct with customers but going through a wholesaler who deals with everything such as shipping / taxes / payment.

I opted out of the gyrating hips because of the weight in the end, and too many unknowns which no one could fill me in on. The fact that it isn't popular speaks volumes. Would still love to try it but it's risky as you say and at 37kg my Silicone doll is already in need of a diet.

I doubt you will get a refund or replacement, because after a month and it only happening to a single person, they will claim it is down to mis-use. I do know that the back is REALLY hard to move though. As are the shrugging shoulders. If I try to lift her shoulder up I life her completely off the ground. It's way too tight, and pushing her back feels like she needs to be strapped down by the legs and hit with a sledge hammer. I pray one day that they will figure out a much better posing mechanism, perhaps where the joints can be adjusted wirelessly to loosen a bolt or gear, or maybe just be completely robotic with a controller.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Oscar deBarataria repaired his doll (silicone, 170 cm, another major brand) which had a similar problem. He used very simple tools and techniques within the reach of someone who is not a handyman. He made a very interesting thread on it, with photos and detailed explanations.
In addition, this brand had sent him a replacement body.

If your doll is almost new, I think Irontech will do a body replacement, because it's a big brand with a reputation to preserve. A poorly done weld that breaks can happen from time to time to all brands, even the best, given the number of dolls produced. Good brands are distinguished by quality after-sales service: this is what is important to consolidate the brand image.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

4891d wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:27 pm
Oscar deBarataria repaired his doll (silicone, 170 cm, another major brand) which had a similar problem. He used very simple tools and techniques within the reach of someone who is not a handyman. He made a very interesting thread on it, with photos and detailed explanations.
In addition, this brand had sent him a replacement body.

If your doll is almost new, I think Irontech will do a body replacement, because it's a big brand with a reputation to preserve. A poorly done weld that breaks can happen from time to time to all brands, even the best, given the number of dolls produced. Good brands are distinguished by quality after-sales service: this is what is important to consolidate the brand image.

Good to know

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

UpperLower wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:40 am
ArcanePath wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 am That sounds really painful, so much so that I would have taken it as an opportunity to not only upgrade, but maybe put some robotics in like the auto gyrating hips that they sell.
I wonder if the gyrating hips mechanism involves a better secured lower back? I have high doubts though, and the one reason why I originally didn’t get the hip movement was I’ve seen a few posts of customers having complications with it. Typically the motor doesn’t last or it makes the doll difficult to position. If it does mean the connection at the lower back is more secured, I’ll try and upgrade to it, but still never use it out of precaution.

I’m crossing my fingers that Irontech is willing to replace this doll, especially since it hasn’t been a full month of owning it yet. My expectation isn’t too high though.
Hi UpperLower, I agree with ArcanePath's robotic hip upgrade if Irontech is willing to work with you on the replacement. After our first body's broken back, all subsequent have had electronic hip and no more broken backs. The hip motor replaces this weak area. Yes, the motor can break (she fell off a barstool) and makes complex photographic positions difficult/not possible. But the back will likely never break (one 1.5 years, one 6 months).

Here is siliconelovers Irontech's photo of the hip motor with the neck motor add ons that we have. Hope it helps :D
微信图片_20231007101421.jpg
微信图片_20231007101421.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 185 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

INFORMATIONS