Starpery.com

Need help with complicated vagina repair/recore operation

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Need help with complicated vagina repair/recore operation

Post by Thelord001 »

My Sinodoll has sustained damage to her vagina.
I have tried to repair using 2-component silicone which i got from the manufacturer. I did some careful testing before the repair and the silicone cured well and it was also bonding well with the dolls material.
So, i went on and did the repair. Cleaned thorougly with alcohol, let dry, flipped the doll upside down, mixed the silicone and poured it into the orifice around the inserted rod.
I waited 48 hours, and.. the repair failed. The silicone i poured did cure, but it did not adhere to the vagina wall at all. Everything just came out in one piece, with a thin layer of greasy, uncured silicone around it..
I dont know what went wrong. Any tips or suggestions from others who have done similar repairs are welcome.
Attachments
20240226_095642.jpg
20240226_095642.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 413 times
20240209_221542.jpg
20240209_221542.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 413 times

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Need help with complicated vagina repair/recore operation

Post by Thelord001 »

Any suggestions how to proceed with a new repair attempt?

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

I have two theories why the silicone didnt adhere.

1. The cleaning with alcohol was not enough, so vagina walls might still be contaminated somehow. Maybe cleaning with acetone or some stronger solvent will solve this?

2. Maybe the 2-part silicone needs a smooth, even surface to adhere correctly? The inner walls of the vagina has a very uneven structure. Maybe this needs to be cut out to be smooth for the silicone to adhere?

I have done smaller, basic repairs of tears and such on dolls before, but this kind of repair is new for me. Any help from others who have done silicone repairs are welcome!

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

No one who can give me some help with this? :( I have tried to reach the manufacturer but they are not responding. I really need some help to fix this poor lady. Any help are welcome!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I'm not a Silicone expert
But
You have tried to repair using 2-component silicone which you got from the manufacturer and did some careful testing before the repair and the silicone cured well and it was also bonding well with the dolls material.

That should have been a straight forward successful repair :thumbs_up:

Can only suggest there may be other contaminants, would suggest thorough cleaning with warm soapy water, drying, repeat with alcohol
Repeat this process and try the repair again

Good luck :)

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

seagull wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:04 pm I'm not a Silicone expert
But
You have tried to repair using 2-component silicone which you got from the manufacturer and did some careful testing before the repair and the silicone cured well and it was also bonding well with the dolls material.

That should have been a straight forward successful repair :thumbs_up:

Can only suggest there may be other contaminants, would suggest thorough cleaning with warm soapy water, drying, repeat with alcohol
Repeat this process and try the repair again

Good luck :)
I have tried again, it did not work this time either :(
This time i cleaned even more thorougly with acetone, but without success.. The silicone did not adhere to the vagina wall at all. Everything just came out again like a greasy, half cured mess..
I even did some pre-testing on a sample piece from the silicone around the neck bolt, and the silicone adhered perfectly there. But in the vagina - no.
Maybe the vaginal cavity is still contaminated somehow or has some strange coating that does not adhere to silicone and have to be cut out? But it doesnt look like that.
I have no more ideas. I need help from someone to get this doll fixed. If someone who (preferably) lives in the EU has experience from this kind of repairs and are willing to help me fix this, i will pay for shipping/transportation, material and some for the job too.
This doll is very special to me and in very good condition besides this damage.
Attachments
Pre-testing sample
Pre-testing sample
20240307_215647.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 272 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yep, out of ideas here
Successful on one part of the doll, total failure in another, just doesn't make sense at all :(

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

seagull wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:05 pm Yep, out of ideas here
Successful on one part of the doll, total failure in another, just doesn't make sense at all :(
Yeah, i totally dont know why its not adhering. The vagina is made of ultrasoft silicone that is softer than the dolls regular silicone. However the 2-component silicone i have is ultrasoft.
But maybe the whole vaginal walls needs to be cut out so the new 2-part silicone will get to adhere to the dolls regular silicone a further bit in, basically building up a whole new ultrasoft structure instead of just trying to repair and fill the cracks in the current one?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wowsers, that's a whole next level of repair n sculpting 8O

magnussam

Post by magnussam »

Thelord001 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:12 am
seagull wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:05 pm Yep, out of ideas here
Yeah, i totally dont know why its not adhering. The vagina is made of ultrasoft silicone that is softer than the dolls regular silicone. However the 2-component silicone i have is ultrasoft.
But maybe the whole vaginal walls needs to be cut out so the new 2-part silicone will get to adhere to the dolls regular silicone a further bit in, basically building up a whole new ultrasoft structure instead of just trying to repair and fill the cracks in the current one?

Perhaps instead of re- coring the silicone, hollow out the the current inner vagina, and then purchase a silicone insert that you could remove and clean?

My Sino soft max with supersoft vagina has started to shed little particles of the inner ultrasoft vagina silicone material, so I think I will also be going the removable vagina conversion route soon. Coeros sells a lot of vagina inserts. They quoted me a good price for a jiusheng one.

Other folks that are more skilled/experienced at repairs can chime in here, but even if you want to have a fixed vagina, perhaps glue in the vagina insert, (maybe you could cut it to the desired size and glue it in place with windshield silicone (I hear that's supposed to be softer than silpoxy?????)

Leviathan777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Leviathan777 »

hello, I solved this problem much worse, but I won't discuss it here. Your problem is that even if you have degreased the surface of the vagina, another material will never stick to you unless both materials are at a high temperature, or you would have to etch both materials with glue, then it would be difficult repair. It's just that if one material has a temperature of around 105 degrees and the other only 25 degrees, it will never come together, it has to be placed on top of each other so that it is strong and flexible.

Leviathan777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Leviathan777 »

both materials to be melted with a soldering iron and then repair the vagina

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Leviathan777 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:56 am both materials to be melted with a soldering iron and then repair the vagina
????
This is a SILICONE repair, a soldering iron will not melt it.
Heat repair and bonding is for TPE dolls.

But if you have method to heat bond silicone, please share it.

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Thelord001 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:30 am My Sinodoll has sustained damage to her vagina.
I have tried to repair using 2-component silicone which i got from the manufacturer. I did some careful testing before the repair and the silicone cured well and it was also bonding well with the dolls material.
So, i went on and did the repair. Cleaned thorougly with alcohol, let dry, flipped the doll upside down, mixed the silicone and poured it into the orifice around the inserted rod.
I waited 48 hours, and.. the repair failed. The silicone i poured did cure, but it did not adhere to the vagina wall at all. Everything just came out in one piece, with a thin layer of greasy, uncured silicone around it..
I dont know what went wrong. Any tips or suggestions from others who have done similar repairs are welcome.
Check HERE (viewtopic.php?t=171893)
He shows some items that worked for his silicone repair, they might work for you.
You might want to look at some of the one part bonding agents.

Seagull made a good point about the contamination.
Some compounds not only prevent adhesion, but also inhibit curing, as is seems here.

Since you have tried that two part compound several times with failures, perhaps you should try another repair material.

But if nothing seems to work, then as was noted, a recore to use an insert might be your only option.

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Leviathan777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Leviathan777 »

it was not clear from the photos whether it is silicone or TPE

INFORMATIONS