teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe repair service

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Teddy Babe repair service

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

A Teddy Babe repair service is something that Eighth Wonder should seriously look into or maybe set up through an affiliated vendor. :idea:

Such a service is desperately needed by guys such as myself who aren't handy with such repairs. :puppydogeyes:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Teddy Babe repair service

Post by Mr Franz »

What kind of repair are you in need of?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Mr Franz wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:48 pm What kind of repair are you in need of?
Shoulder repairs. Both of Lexy's arms are kind of loose and I'm worried that they may become even more lose over time and end up falling off. Not to mention it being a bit of a buzzkill to be caressing her and feeling that gap in the arm/shoulder connection.
That seems to be a common problem with the design and there are a few threads on how to fix it. Unfortunately it's not something that I feel confident nor competent enough to attempt. That's why I was thinking that a repair service would come in handy. Not only for this but for Teddy Babe repairs in general. Especially for guys such as myself who if given a pair of steel balls, would break one and lose the other one. :oops:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, a repair service would be nice. It's the shipping cost back and forth that might be the kicker. I've seen those TB shoulder repair threads. Doesn't look all that difficult. Open a seam, install cotter pins, ladder stitch closed.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:08 am I've seen those TB shoulder repair threads. Doesn't look all that difficult. Open a seam, install cotter pins, ladder stitch closed.
Sounds pretty terrifying to me. :eeek:

I can imagine the shipping would be pretty terrifying as well. Especially for such a large size box. I would be willing to deal with it though as I would have the peace of mind knowing that Lexy would be properly repaired.

The only way I would even think about trying to do such a repair myself would be if her arms begin falling off. I figure that my half-assed repairs couldn't possibly make the situation any worse at that point. :drinking:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Well if they fall off altogether, hot glue to the rescue! :drinking:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:09 pm Well if they fall off altogether, hot glue to the rescue! :drinking:
You know, that might actually work. Although rather than gluing the arms directly to the shoulders, I would get two wooden discs about the same size as the arms and connect the discs with a short bolt or rivet and then glue them between the arm and shoulder joint so that the arms can still rotate. :idea:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

With that being said, I would only try something like that as a last resort. The best option would be to get an authorized repair service to do the job properly. If one only existed. I can't believe that Mr Franz and I are the only ones here who think such a service would be a good idea. :?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:23 am
Mr Franz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:09 pm Well if they fall off altogether, hot glue to the rescue! :drinking:
You know, that might actually work. Although rather than gluing the arms directly to the shoulders, I would get two wooden discs about the same size as the arms and connect the discs with a short bolt or rivet and then glue them between the arm and shoulder joint so that the arms can still rotate. :idea:
I was thinking about rare earth magnets. Some mannequin arms are held on that way. Full rotation and takes a bit of force to detach.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29 am I was thinking about rare earth magnets. Some mannequin arms are held on that way. Full rotation and takes a bit of force to detach.
That would be a great idea as well. :thumbs_up:

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:08 am Yeah, a repair service would be nice. It's the shipping cost back and forth that might be the kicker. I've seen those TB shoulder repair threads. Doesn't look all that difficult. Open a seam, install cotter pins, ladder stitch closed.
Repairing the cutter pin is not difficult, getting to the cutter pin is. If you inspect the Doll's back, you will find where the thread line is different.
That is where the last operation happened. That is the way to get to the cutter pin. But if the problem is on the arm side, you have more trouble.
You may want to send an email to Dave at 8thW for his suggestion. He may send you some diagrams.
I found a diagram posted by someone, long time ago. Enjoy.
Shoulder joint.doc
(108 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

INFORMATIONS