kimberdoll.com

Kimber Doll Deluxe - A short review

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Kimber Doll Deluxe - A short review

Post by the living tribunal »

I recently bought a Deluxe model (on the right) to upgrade my lovely Kim:
The Deluxe is very similar to the Standard, but there are improvements that are definitely worth the extra £150.

Gel breasts. These have to be fondled to be believed 8) Whoever manufactures these dolls for Kimber Doll has done an excellent job. Same size as always (British DD), but they feel so much better; worth getting your hands on :D

Shrugging shoulders. She can now wear bra straps properly :razz: More posable for photography or unusual sex positions if either are your thing.

Hinged neck joint. They don't advertise this, but she now has a proper neck joint like the higher end brands; no more goose-neck. The head has the usual M16 thread and a stock hollow threaded tube is supplied; you can also fit quick-connectors and the ball-joint mounts that some people are selling, as well.

Improved body sculpt. They don't advertise this, but new Kimber has a slightly thicker waist, another 2 in / 5 cm circumference, so regular sized clothes fit her better.

Improved face make-up. They don't advertise this, but while the head sculpt is the same, she looks less cartoony and more realistic, due to a much improved make-up job.

Articulated fingers. The most waited-for improvement over the standard model; only hinged, no ball joints, but still a very welcome improvement. Now she'll be able to hold a real smartphone in my photographs :D

Cost (in the UK) is £649 plus shipping, compared to £499 plus shipping; the box size is the same and so is the shipping cost. The box is marked PRO-158, whereas the standard model box is marked KD-FS-158.

The warehousing and shipping agent in the UK, XPO Logistics, get's a firm must try harder. They made two mistakes in shipping me Kimber dolls on two separate occasions; one was a forgivable random failure, but for the Deluxe it was lack of resilience against a common foreseeable problem; I had to write them a strongly worded email to obtain a satisfactory resolution for that one. They are also rather costly at anything up to £169 for the North of the UK, whereas UPS charge around £50 in most of the country.

Conclusion. The Deluxe model Kimber Doll is a significant improvement over the standard model. The standard model is great for the price, but so is the Deluxe for her price; if you are buying one for the first time, and can afford it, go for the Deluxe. For those who can afford to upgrade, she's noticeably better and well worth it. Shipping (in the UK) needs improvement.

Please note that I bought my doll with my own money and as an ordinary end-user; there was no inducement, free doll, or any other privilege afforded me to do this review.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Kimber Doll Deluxe - A short review

Post by Mr Franz »

Thanks, TLT. Very informative. How's the weight compared to the original?

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Mr Franz wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:07 pm Thanks, TLT. Very informative. How's the weight compared to the original?
She feels about the same; I don't have any scales at home that can cope with human-like weights, but I would expect her to be a little heavier due to the gel breasts.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Good review. thanks. That price is even affordable. I could get that for the fingers and just change the doll head.The shipping though -ugh. Is it just me or is all shipping in the UK just getting worse?
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

SxyItalian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SxyItalian »

I’m glad you posted this. I have been on the fence about pulling the trigger on one of these. I have recently seen some pictures on X by Psion Satori and they looked quite different than the ones on the website, in a good way. I guess they haven’t updated their site photos in a while. I want to make sure I get the updated model. Stock has recently arrived here in Canada. FYI shipping here is crazy as well. I am only a few hours away from the warehouse but it will cost about $250.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The Kimberdoll crew just keep getting better :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

the living tribunal wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:06 am I recently bought a Deluxe model (on the right) to upgrade my lovely Kim:
The Deluxe is very similar to the Standard, but there are improvements that are definitely worth the extra £150.

Gel breasts. These have to be fondled to be believed 8) Whoever manufactures these dolls for Kimber Doll has done an excellent job. Same size as always (British DD), but they feel so much better; worth getting your hands on :D

Shrugging shoulders. She can now wear bra straps properly :razz: More posable for photography or unusual sex positions if either are your thing.

Hinged neck joint. They don't advertise this, but she now has a proper neck joint like the higher end brands; no more goose-neck. The head has the usual M16 thread and a stock hollow threaded tube is supplied; you can also fit quick-connectors and the ball-joint mounts that some people are selling, as well.

Improved body sculpt. They don't advertise this, but new Kimber has a slightly thicker waist, another 2 in / 5 cm circumference, so regular sized clothes fit her better.

Improved face make-up. They don't advertise this, but while the head sculpt is the same, she looks less cartoony and more realistic, due to a much improved make-up job.

Articulated fingers. The most waited-for improvement over the standard model; only hinged, no ball joints, but still a very welcome improvement. Now she'll be able to hold a real smartphone in my photographs :D

Cost (in the UK) is £649 plus shipping, compared to £499 plus shipping; the box size is the same and so is the shipping cost. The box is marked PRO-158, whereas the standard model box is marked KD-FS-158.

The warehousing and shipping agent in the UK, XPO Logistics, get's a firm must try harder. They made two mistakes in shipping me Kimber dolls on two separate occasions; one was a forgivable random failure, but for the Deluxe it was lack of resilience against a common foreseeable problem; I had to write them a strongly worded email to obtain a satisfactory resolution for that one. They are also rather costly at anything up to £169 for the North of the UK, whereas UPS charge around £50 in most of the country.

Conclusion. The Deluxe model Kimber Doll is a significant improvement over the standard model. The standard model is great for the price, but so is the Deluxe for her price; if you are buying one for the first time, and can afford it, go for the Deluxe. For those who can afford to upgrade, she's noticeably better and well worth it. Shipping (in the UK) needs improvement.

Please note that I bought my doll with my own money and as an ordinary end-user; there was no inducement, free doll, or any other privilege afforded me to do this review.
thats great, could you please post a closer picture of the heads please

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

pokitom wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:30 am thats great, could you please post a closer picture of the heads please
Sure, here you go; click for full resolution. My Deluxe is an upgrade for Kim, who's looking forward to her new body. Perhaps Samantha might appreciate one too :)
Attachments
kimbers.png
kimbers.png (11.28 MiB) Viewed 464 times

INFORMATIONS