Starpery.com

Bubbles in TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
AIMD

Bubbles in TPE

Post by AIMD »

Been repairing tears in my companion using controlled heat and extra TPE, but as the TPE cools it develops bubbles under the skin. Obviously the deep TPE wasn't melted properly so I fix it but still get bubbles. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

nox2doll

Re: Bubbles in TPE

Post by nox2doll »

If I understood correctly, you are trying to melt new material over the doll's skin where there is some damage. I myself do a similar job by sliding a hot iron on the doll's skin. Works at least for small abrasions. I have not been successful in melting the additional material, it works exactly as described.

I have started a documentary on the subject. It can be found in the attached link, section: Fixing doll’s skin after joint repair (advanced)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

For deep tears, I will do the fix in stages. Drip molten tpe directly into the deepest part of the crack and let it cool. Then do a few more drops on top of that. Cool. Then finish the surface and gently smooth.
Bubbles (for me) indicate that I didn't do the molten tpe deep enough into the crack. So dont be afraid to hold the wound open while dripping the TPE deep, then release the wound edges to let it cool. Repeat until done, a little at a time.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

RevJack .... Good call on keeping it open while adding the molten TPE. :)

I have also seen where bubbles are due to vapors of liquid that was still in the wound site.
Typically it comes up when a deep would is "cleaned well" with isopropyl alcohol prior to a repair.
Any small amount remaining does not affect a solvent or 3M primer repair.
A heat only seal repair also usually vaporizes it when the hot iron is inserted.
But adding molten TPE over any residue generates a vapor which can led to bubbles.

One suggestion is perhaps skip iso alchol or any liquid PRIOR to the molten TPE.
Alternately allow more time to dry or use some air flow on it before the hot TPE.

Just my thoughts.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS