Starpery.com

Custom Latex dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
CuriouslyProgramming

Custom Latex dolls

Post by CuriouslyProgramming »

Hi I am kinda new here, but I have been lurking a bit in the past.

I have been thinking of ways to create new custom Latex dolls, and I just want to post them to see if people think it's feasible and can give advice.

I have been playing around with models from smutba.se and turning them into stl files you can 3d print.
For instance, I took a really thick model fairly high poly model from Triss Merigold from that site and cut it in PrusaSlicer. https://smutba.se/project/38147/

My idea is to coat the 3D print of that model in liquid latex layer by layer. Maybe you can get it off by stretching the head hole over the 3D print, otherwise some cutting and repairing is going to be involved.

However, 3D printing a 152 cm / 5 ft doll is a lot of work. Even with the head removed it's still 140 cm to print. (I will create the head using a different method to better let it keep it's shape and perhaps add some robotics with a micro controller.)

Latex is stretchy, and I would like to use this to my advantage using liquid latex. People make balloons which can expand many time it's size.
Some users at viewtopic.php?t=24158&sid=ebef1787b47be ... 1ae37aea04 really managed to push their latex dolls to their limits.

If it is possible to inflate the doll twice it's size, you will only need to print a 70 cm doll. Still a really big item to print, but a lot more feasible than a 140 cm print.

When inflating it 3 times it's size you will only need a doll that is 46 cm big. Even more feasible.
When inflating it 4 times it's size you can get away with only a 35 cm doll. But this is really pushing it even more than the 1/3 doll.

We can also make the doll even smaller a 135 cm doll without it's head would be around 120 cm tall.
Inflating it twice it's size would make it that you only need a 60 cm tall doll and inflating it 3 times it's size it's only 40 cm tall.
Inflating it 4 times it's size would only make the doll 30 cm tall, really easy to print. Again, unlikely to succeed.

Some possible solutions for keeping the dolls shaped like a woman might be to use some methods used in this old thread viewtopic.php?t=35414.
Adding some string in the inside or on the outside might help with it keeping it's shape better. I can see the boobs especially deforming under pressure.
Perhaps giving the doll multiple compartments for air might also help? The boobs and ass might stay in a better shape if they are a separate compartment with less pressure.

The main advantages of this project I can think off:
- Easy custom doll shapes, smutba.se is filled with 3D models of your favorite characters.
- Somewhat easy DIY. 3D printing isn't that hard, the hardest part would be applying the latex and getting it off the print.
- It's really light, it's latex after all. This fits in with another robotics project off mine.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Custom Latex dolls

Post by Technician »

Perhaps using a mannequin for a model, then applying the liquid latex, peeling it off after dry, then turning it inside out so the finish side is out?
I've never really thought about making on for too long, but a lot of people here regret not buying a latex when it was an option. I was fortunate enough to get a Letha.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

SchaltkreisMeister
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Custom Latex dolls

Post by SchaltkreisMeister »

I think you are going to spend more time to get the latex doll inflate uniformly than it's going to take longer to print it full.

To give some numbers on the time and material savings. Assuming time and material scale linearly with volume, we just need to know the volume difference.

Size | 1/1 | 1/2 | 1/3 |
Time| 1 | 1/8 | 1/27|

I mean yeah maybe the time savings aren't that important to me, but if look at these numbers, the material savings are insane.( time basically same as material)

INFORMATIONS