Starpery.com

Bruising on LoveNestle silicone doll?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
PugeHenis99
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Bruising on LoveNestle silicone doll?

Post by PugeHenis99 »

Hi there, I recently purchased a silicone torso (Vanessa) from LoveNestle, and all in all it seems to be a really great doll.
However, after only a few weeks of ... use .... *ahem* ... the doll now has what looks like bruising (darker discolorations) which I think are actually from skin contact / abrasion?
The discolored areas of the skin are still smooth (not roughed up like on a TPE doll), just darker in spots, looking just like a bruise would look on a real person (kind of purplish).
And I don't think it is color transfer from clothing or fabric, since the the only fabric the doll has contacted are white bedsheets and a white set of underwear.
Is this normal for silicone dolls? Is it possible the doll's skin was painted a lighter color than the base material color, and this is just some of that lighter color rubbing off showing the underneath base color?

Thanks!

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Bruising on LoveNestle silicone doll?

Post by esquisseallure »

Can you post some pics?
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

PugeHenis99
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by PugeHenis99 »

esquisseallure wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:08 pm Can you post some pics?
I tried but as a new member the TDF indicated I am not able to attach a file or pic yet... at least directly in the post. I have to post 5 times I think before that ability unlocks?

-- Update --
I think this will work though - here is an online link to a pic I uploaded:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/2R1F26PXF8#d0Ip8aDdv5ir

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

PugeHenis99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:12 pm
esquisseallure wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:08 pm Can you post some pics?
I tried but as a new member the TDF indicated I am not able to attach a file or pic yet... at least directly in the post. I have to post 5 times I think before that ability unlocks?

-- Update --
I think this will work though - here is an online link to a pic I uploaded:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/2R1F26PXF8#d0Ip8aDdv5ir
Yeah you need 5 pics. Just comment on few thread and you will be good to go. Yeah the Vanessa torso is hot as hell, would be interesting to see non marketing pictures.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

PugeHenis99
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by PugeHenis99 »

Just fyi, following up from earlier - I contacted LoveNestle with the pics and they were very fast to respond. Their manufacturing team looked at the pics and they think it is staining, I just don't know what from... No colored fabrics have come in contact with it. They indicated it wasn't abrasion removing the pigment on the skin, stating "the part will have a fair color base instead of a bruising color."

I did a test where I rubbed one of the stained areas with a wet microfiber towel and sure enough, some of the discoloration "flaked" or "exfoliated" off, leaving the normal color behind.

I'm going to have to guess maybe it's staining as part of a chemical reaction to a fabric softener or soap or something? I guess it could be skin oils too perhaps? For the record, I am a very white pale guy, so it's not dead skin cells... but maybe the oils, I could see that maybe...

I did hit 5 posts today, so I think I can post some images, here are a couple highlighting the discoloration, and one of the doll in general since it sounded like folks wanted to see 'non-marketing' photos of the doll:
discolorations
discolorations
discolorations-2.jpg (109.72 KiB) Viewed 237 times
different look at the discolorations
different look at the discolorations
discolorations.jpg (153.84 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Vanessa from the front
Vanessa from the front
vanessa-front-1.JPG (140.21 KiB) Viewed 237 times

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

PugeHenis99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:43 pm Just fyi, following up from earlier - I contacted LoveNestle with the pics and they were very fast to respond. Their manufacturing team looked at the pics and they think it is staining, I just don't know what from... No colored fabrics have come in contact with it. They indicated it wasn't abrasion removing the pigment on the skin, stating "the part will have a fair color base instead of a bruising color."

I did a test where I rubbed one of the stained areas with a wet microfiber towel and sure enough, some of the discoloration "flaked" or "exfoliated" off, leaving the normal color behind.

I'm going to have to guess maybe it's staining as part of a chemical reaction to a fabric softener or soap or something? I guess it could be skin oils too perhaps? For the record, I am a very white pale guy, so it's not dead skin cells... but maybe the oils, I could see that maybe...

I did hit 5 posts today, so I think I can post some images, here are a couple highlighting the discoloration, and one of the doll in general since it sounded like folks wanted to see 'non-marketing' photos of the doll:

discolorations-2.jpg
discolorations.jpg
vanessa-front-1.JPG
Silicone doesn't stain easily unless it's very soft. I mean even softer than very new formulation silicone that are already quite soft. If we take love nestle's comment on it and it is just stains, most stain disappears quite fast. You can try my take on stain removal. But even if you don't use it, imo the stain will fade away pretty fast.

All of my silicone dolls are mostly covered except for a full body cleaning so I've actually never encountered those kind of spot stains. Interesting...

With my case, I bought a brand new dark blue microfiber blanket. I just used it without washing. It stained my mattress cover quite a bit and my xycolo girl. She wear a one piece so he boobs are of course not completely covered but she wears a full body stocking. The uncovered portions was stained quite badly and I thought I completely fucked up. ( covered from bottom of the neck to her toes. I have her wear cute socks and she also wears glove liners. I absolutely hate abrasions, it horrendously devalues the dolls in my eyes. Which is why I keep preaching it.)

Just a few steps:

1. Clean with soap. I just use my Nivea body wash on a microfiber hand towel. It's like 12 x 12 inches. Pretty standard towel.

2. This step is the most important but probably can be damaging (I am no chemist but according to the lite searching, mineral oil can do some damage to silicone). Use it sparingly. Really at this point in my dolls life. I'll just replace the body and keep my beautiful head. I use baby oil ( essentially mineral oil) and I just use a small amount to spread around the stained areas. Have fun with it.

3. Repeat step one and just wash away the baby oil. Usually it takes me two tries.

The results (for my issue with the blue blanket) even after the baby oil clean it was several shades brighter but after about 3 days the silicone became even more shades brighter. So success of two folds.

Ps: I use this exact same step with my tpe dolls when the tpe starts pilling. If you have a tpe doll, you'll know exactly what I mean by pilling. You can use soap all you want, it doesn't do well with the pilling.

Imo is not a biggie (though I say don't do this every time you clean your doll, just use it got hard stain removal as I don't have any clue about long term usage) , unless it's your first doll and I know how I was. I babied the crap out of her. I remember that point in my collection life.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

INFORMATIONS