Starpery.com

Tougher Silicone Skin

Got an idea? Need an invention?
da_putzler

Tougher Silicone Skin

Post by da_putzler »

Silicone and TPE seems to be a rather fragile thing on a doll which can get stained easily or damaged by rubbing it the wrong way, so what's to stop manufacturers putting a tougher silicone coating on top like the one's used for silicone cooking moulds to make it a lot more durable and hard-wearing ??

carbohvdrates

Re: Tougher Silicone Skin

Post by carbohvdrates »

For every one person interested in this concept you're gonna have 25 people who are already asking day and night for them to make silicone softer, jigglier, etc. It's kinda hard to reconcile the more popularly desired softness with durability.

I have some of those baking molds and personally I have doubts on the idea of a thin durable surface skin made of that having enough give and not being so off-puttingly hard when gripped, feeling like plastic. All this, and I'm not even one of the guys always chasing softer and softer dolls either. (I've long said I'd be ok with a surface pour over a firm foam core.I only really need maybe 5cm of squish depth personally but I'm not obsessed with maximizing the jigglies the way most doll owners are.)

Silicone probably won't play nice coating the tpe either. I know they specially treat the silicone heads that rest up against tpe bodies but that's a different story entirely from adhering to an entire outside of a body.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

I'm like carbohvdrates in that I don't have to have the softest possible body, but I think making a hard skin on top of soft silicone would make it like a pie crust. Too firm to have fun squeezing, and if you do somehow manage to squeeze enough to feel the softer material underneath then you're gonna crack the out skin.

Dahlman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dahlman »

My concern be a " coating" would make repairs very difficult. Large repairs often need heat, be hard to blend in a patch.

Knuckle head
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Knuckle head »

Silicone quality can vary in sex dolls depends on the manufacturer. You may solve the problem by trying different dolls and stick with the best brand

INFORMATIONS