sexyrealsexdolls.com

Painting Dolls

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Painting Dolls

Post by Treepusher »

PhilKer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:22 am Hello Treepusher :)

I can feel that I am repeating myself, but you really master your art !!! Your portraits are so original and amazing ! 👏👏👏 and 🔆🔆🔆

By pure curiosity, did you publish some 'standard' pictures of your girls without any post processing? Just to admire even more your style :)
I have searched some of your post but I could not find any.

BRAVO !!!!!!

:glou:
Thanks, Philippe. Glad you’re enjoying them. I’ve actually blown up and framed a few of the better ones.

Several unpainted shots are posted in Head Shots, Somewhere around page 153 and several following pages. And there are a few posted here and there as well.

Seeing many members here—including yourself—are far more accomplished at photography than I, painting seemed the way to put my own stamp on the photos. It’s cheating, I suppose, but it’s fun and I like the results, lol.

Thanks again for your kind words and stopping by!

PhilKer

Post by PhilKer »

Hi again :)
Thanks for the link. I checked the Head Shots topic
I am glad to be able to put now a name on your beautiful girls :)
Lucie looks absolutely gorgeous and Lexie has her very unique charm ♥❤🧡.
Do you have any other dolls?

I think you are too humble: your pictures are great !!!! I love them, especially because of the way your capture their eyes. It makes a lot of difference :)
Yes, there will be always people who are better than you or me, but I do think that the most important thing is to have his own signature, his own style, what you have :) And to have a lot of fun !!!!!

About post processing ... I have seen that a lot in several forums: Post processing is BAD, BAD, BAD !!! Never ending story ...
But I am sure that people saying that watch movies full of CGI without issues or even without knowing it. And also that mostly all the pictures shown in magazines are altered in a way or another.
And yeah, what you do is not pure photography but it is still Art and it is beautiful !

So again, Bravo for your amazing portraits ! And I am sure that the printings look fabulous ;)

“The photo that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.” - Scott Lorenzo

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” - Imogen Cunningham

My Lovely Girls - Lorane, Sarah and Krystel

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

PhilKer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:16 am Hi again :)
Thanks for the link. I checked the Head Shots topic
I am glad to be able to put now a name on your beautiful girls :)
Lucie looks absolutely gorgeous and Lexie has her very unique charm ♥❤🧡.
Do you have any other dolls?

I think you are too humble: your pictures are great !!!! I love them, especially because of the way your capture their eyes. It makes a lot of difference :)
Yes, there will be always people who are better than you or me, but I do think that the most important thing is to have his own signature, his own style, what you have :) And to have a lot of fun !!!!!

About post processing ... I have seen that a lot in several forums: Post processing is BAD, BAD, BAD !!! Never ending story ...
But I am sure that people saying that watch movies full of CGI without issues or even without knowing it. And also that mostly all the pictures shown in magazines are altered in a way or another.
And yeah, what you do is not pure photography but it is still Art and it is beautiful !

So again, Bravo for your amazing portraits ! I and I am sure that the printings look fabulous ;)

Thanks very much for the compliments, Philippe. You are too kind! I’m pleased you’re enjoying the shots. I liked doing the straight head shots, but they’re pretty run of the mill. Competent, but no more than that.

Add some paint, and voila—now they’re eye-catching and fun. At least, I think so, lol.

Post-processing is fraught with peril. It won’t make a bad photo good, but it can make a good photo better, if used judiciously.

CGI is the same. Done poorly, it ruins the movie, or at least blows away your ‘suspension of disbelief.’ “The Day After Tomorrow” —if you saw that one— is a good example. The ocean wave crashing through New York City was done pretty well (not perfect, but pretty well) and you could accept that it was real. But the CGI wolves were terrible, pulled you right out of the action, as they were cartoonish fakes done by computer, and no way could you believe that these were living creatures and a threat to the protagonists.

Anyway, my ladies and I again thank you for your praise. There are only the two dolls, but I do have a couple of other heads I shoot on occasion. Mostly it’s been Lisa and Lexie, as they’re my two favorites. I’ll get around to doing the others at some point.

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

IMG_4526D.jpeg
IMG_4526D.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 307 times

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

IMG_4537B.jpeg
IMG_4537B.jpeg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 245 times

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Superb! :D Beautiful work, very pleasant to look at :thumbs_up:
Xycolo dolls :
Hadaly : viewtopic.php?f=525&t=145037
Yumi :viewtopic.php?f=525&t=149127
Cindy :viewtopic.php?t=164358
Geena : viewtopic.php?t=173044

Victor's Mini-Dolls : viewtopic.php?f=64&t=148602

We are happier by the passion we have than by the one we give
François de La Rochefoucauld

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

Vicvic wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:05 pm Superb! :D Beautiful work, very pleasant to look at :thumbs_up:
Thanks very much, Vicvic. Glad you’re enjoying these. Some are better than others, but they’re all fun to do. Thanks for stopping by!

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

IMG_4593B.jpeg
IMG_4593B.jpeg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 201 times

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

IMG_4586A.jpeg
IMG_4586A.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 176 times

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

These faces are fascinating. :thumbs_up: Will we ever see the wonderful doll that serves as a model? Perhaps she has a thread?
Xycolo dolls :

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

Lovely work!

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

Vicvic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 pm These faces are fascinating. :thumbs_up: Will we ever see the wonderful doll that serves as a model? Perhaps she has a thread?
Thanks, Victor. Lisa is beautiful, and I am in awe at how a doll can make my heart jump at just the sight of her, first thing each morning.

I’m reasonably good with headshots, not so much with full-body work. Need practice! I’d like to share those, as I do dress her to the nines most of the time, lots of gorgeous gowns and such. But like I said, need practice on that.

This lady is a Jiusheng 162E Lisa, and the Leathermans (former members here) did her advertising display photos far better than I could, and they include full-body photos.

Thanks again for you kind words and stopping by!

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

SimonSays7 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:28 pm Lovely work!
Thanks very much. Great fun to do these, and some actually turn out nice!

Appreciate your kind comment and visit!

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Treepusher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:20 pm Thanks, Victor. Lisa is beautiful, and I am in awe at how a doll can make my heart jump at just the sight of her, first thing each morning.

I’m reasonably good with headshots, not so much with full-body work. Need practice! I’d like to share those, as I do dress her to the nines most of the time, lots of gorgeous gowns and such. But like I said, need practice on that.

This lady is a Jiusheng 162E Lisa, and the Leathermans (former members here) did her advertising display photos far better than I could, and they include full-body photos.

Thanks again for you kind words and stopping by!
Thanks for the information. Lisa is a beautiful doll! :glou:
Xycolo dolls :

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor