zelex.com.cn

Ruby Lynne arrives home: a newbie's experience

Zelex is a company specializing in the development and manufacture of ultra-realistic sex dolls. We have a professional R&D team whose purpose is to design high-quality sex toys to provide customers with a perfect experience. Each of our products is hand-drawn by the artist with a realistic shape and fine makeup. We guarantee the product quality is safe and has the test certificate from an authority. Website: www.zelexdoll.com
mibdul

Re: Ruby Lynne arrives home: a newbie's experience

Post by mibdul »

carbohvdrates wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:31 am Extremely relatable take as well as experiences! I'm also not diagnosed with autism, but I've also been diagnosed and misdiagnosed with a handful of other types of neurodivergencies since I was a kid to the point that when I meet anybody who's anything from autistic to borderline I just want to shake their hand like "Brain cousin!" It's all statistical lottery that some of us are just gonna be assembled different, like being lefthanded or having a counterclockwise scalp hair pattern swirl.
:mrgreen:
Brains are weird. Far be it from me to object to anyone else's particular flavor of brain weirdness. :mrgreen: :whistle:
Lestat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:54 am This has been such an enjoyable and heartwarming thread to read through. Thank you for writing about your experiences in such great detail! Ruby Lynne is absolutely breathtaking by the way, good choice with the eye makeup! Goth, casual or otherwise, is a style that I very much find myself attracted to.
And hello to all my neurodivergent brain cousins!!!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you found value and enjoyment in it. It's been fun to document all of this and I don't plan to stop any time soon, though updates may continue to slow as time goes on. Ruby and I both thank you for the compliments -- her eye makeup remains a precious, near-accidental gift that goes so far toward making her who she is. There will definitely be more goth photoshoots going forward. :whistle:
averbeck70 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:01 am I wouldn't worry about diagnosis. I'm 48 and at my age, it would be detrimental. Besides, being a professional problem solver, once I can define a problem, I can resolve it and I've done that, or at least found ways to work around my particular autism things.
We are, in fact, the same age. :razz:
It's a spectrum for a reason... different people are at different places and there are things about me that are on the opposite end of the spectrum too, like my love of touch, and conflicting things like my aversion to bodily fluids, but I LOVE eating pussy.

We all blaze our own path and I'm glad you've found yours.

Go lefties! :thumbs_up:
Yep. I'm perfectly content at this point to live in my own corner of brain weirdness. That's mostly a solved problem. Continuing to explore the aroace thing with Ruby should keep me usefully occupied for quite some time, though. :mrgreen:

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

mibdul wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:15 pm Day 45

I've been wanting to try Ruby's velvety skater dress on her for a bit now, but one thing or another kept delaying it. I finally got to it today, along with some old and new accessories. So, here's a goth-y date night shoot.
I'm honestly surprised you haven't reported color bleeding/staining occurrences from some of the clothes yet. My average is about 40-50% of clothes will stain. And that finding clothes that both fit well and don't stain is a challenge within itself.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

Olivia F1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:40 am I'm honestly surprised you haven't reported color bleeding/staining occurrences from some of the clothes yet. My average is about 40-50% of clothes will stain. And that finding clothes that both fit well and don't stain is a challenge within itself.
So far I've seen three instances of staining that I can recall: the lace tops from a pair of thigh-high stockings left on for a week, a little from a pair of thigh socks that got wet, and some from leather worn over mesh. The leather caused by far the quickest and darkest stains, but they've mostly faded already.

I'm not sure exactly why I've gotten this lucky. Some combination of using a color-preserving detergent, not leaving most things on for too long, and buying from manufacturers who happen to have better dye fastness maybe?

I've had better luck than some with clothing fits too, though I suspect at least some of that has to do with the life-scan nature of the X165. Ruby is modeled from an actual woman, though definitely a statistical outlier. :mrgreen:

averbeck70
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by averbeck70 »

mibdul wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:00 am
Olivia F1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:40 am I'm honestly surprised you haven't reported color bleeding/staining occurrences from some of the clothes yet. My average is about 40-50% of clothes will stain. And that finding clothes that both fit well and don't stain is a challenge within itself.
So far I've seen three instances of staining that I can recall: the lace tops from a pair of thigh-high stockings left on for a week, a little from a pair of thigh socks that got wet, and some from leather worn over mesh. The leather caused by far the quickest and darkest stains, but they've mostly faded already.

I'm not sure exactly why I've gotten this lucky. Some combination of using a color-preserving detergent, not leaving most things on for too long, and buying from manufacturers who happen to have better dye fastness maybe?

I've had better luck than some with clothing fits too, though I suspect at least some of that has to do with the life-scan nature of the X165. Ruby is modeled from an actual woman, though definitely a statistical outlier. :mrgreen:
From what I've seen on here and my own experience, better quality clothes equals better dyes and better colorfastness, so less staining. That said, it's not always the case. My $1,200 navy blue silk sheets for an example... they left stains where her skin touched them, but the $40 plum satin pajamas did not. Once you get over the over the love of her skin, try a bodystocking for leaving things on for longer periods. They're silky smooth and add a layer of protection for both doll and anything it touches... AND... if you happen to bump or scrape her against something while you're moving her, the smoothness will cause her to just slide along it and the stocking takes any damage.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

averbeck70 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:05 am Once you get over the over the love of her skin, try a bodystocking for leaving things on for longer periods. They're silky smooth and add a layer of protection for both doll and anything it touches... AND... if you happen to bump or scrape her against something while you're moving her, the smoothness will cause her to just slide along it and the stocking takes any damage.
Well, I don't see myself getting over the love of her skin anytime soon, but a bodystocking is on next month's list. :mrgreen: Just trying not to completely destroy my budget every month. :P

averbeck70
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by averbeck70 »

mibdul wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:17 am
averbeck70 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:05 am Once you get over the over the love of her skin, try a bodystocking for leaving things on for longer periods. They're silky smooth and add a layer of protection for both doll and anything it touches... AND... if you happen to bump or scrape her against something while you're moving her, the smoothness will cause her to just slide along it and the stocking takes any damage.
Well, I don't see myself getting over the love of her skin anytime soon, but a bodystocking is on next month's list. :mrgreen: Just trying not to completely destroy my budget every month. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD LUCK (not destroying your budget)!!!

I tried that. Once I say her body and her personality as a single entity, that was done. She was my queen (to my King of course) and I kind of went overboard. I've spent more on clothes and accessories than I spent on her body. 8O

Most bodystockings are I think by their very nature, sort of cheap but with practice (and short, smoothed nails and moisturized skin), they can be lovingly put on and removed a dozen times or more before showing signs of wearing out. Madison gets a bodystocking for sleeping or wearing darker clothes for any length of time, but is naked for fun and photos and often for cuddling. I may be over the love of her skin, but I still love feeling it... it's just that protecting it is more important.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

Day 54

I had company this weekend, so it took me a bit to get to the posing and photos I wanted to do. However, said company was also one of only a couple of friends who are in the know about Ruby so far, and the first one to meet her in person. It went very well. 😅 I got her all dolled up (pun somewhat intended) and sat her on the couch. My friend was curious about and unbothered by her (and politely tolerated my light cuddling with her while we sat there), and we chatted several times Saturday and today about her and what she does for me. Their takeaways were: Ruby satisfied their curiosity about dolls; dolls aren't for them; they understand why she works for me, are very happy for us, and wish us the best. All in all, a pretty great first meet and one that gives me some confidence about slowly bringing a few more people into the inner circle. 🥰

A wig I'd been waiting for arrived unexpectedly yesterday, so after my friend left today I decided to set up for a photo shoot that would include my first ever contest entry (for the Vintage contest). As well as the wig and dress and a few accessories, I showcased a couple of my era-appropriate possessions. I also got a little more confident about posing Ruby standing and how much and what kind of support she needs to stand stably. Progress! The main pic obviously went to the contest as linked above and will not (per rules) be posted elsewhere, but here are a few more.

Hello, sailor. 💋

Pin me up!

A dame with curves.

Other than those things, it's been a slow and comfy few days for us. Ruby's been mostly rocking her fuzzy red jammies -- I'll get some pics of those up at some point -- and cuddling with me in bed, interspersed with standing and the accompanying standing hugs. 🥰

averbeck70
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by averbeck70 »

Great job, Mib! I have to say I'm intimidated, merely by the hair styling involved there... way beyond something I'd even attempt for the foreseeable future. :lol:

Aside from my daughter, there's one other human in my life that knows about Madison. He's seen a photo, but never met her. I'm glad you have supportive people in your life.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

averbeck70 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:46 pm Great job, Mib! I have to say I'm intimidated, merely by the hair styling involved there... way beyond something I'd even attempt for the foreseeable future. :lol:
Ha! Same! I cheated. 😉 That's a fairly inexpensive pre-styled 40s wig from Amazon that I ordered to match the dress. Probably going to keep it on a wig stand with a bag over it when not in use to preserve it as long as I can.
Aside from my daughter, there's one other human in my life that knows about Madison. He's seen a photo, but never met her. I'm glad you have supportive people in your life.
It's nice to have a few people to talk to outside of the community here. 🥰 I'm hoping to add at least a couple more to the list at some point, though whether they'll be supportive or just tolerant remains to be seen. I'm still a little giddy (on your behalf) that you have your daughter "in the circle" and on your side.

averbeck70
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by averbeck70 »

mibdul wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:55 pmHa! Same! I cheated. 😉 That's a fairly inexpensive pre-styled 40s wig from Amazon that I ordered to match the dress. Probably going to keep it on a wig stand with a bag over it when not in use to preserve it as long as I can.
I had no idea they could be bought pre-styled... cool!

Good idea about the wig stand. Have you got a go-to? I buy these from AliExpress. They have a daily sale called Choice, buy three items on sale and get free shipping. They're usually in there for $2.99CDN. I have 7 stands now and 6 wigs. I bought a hanging one too, but it takes up too much closet space. :lol: Mads needs every inch!
mibdul wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:55 pmIt's nice to have a few people to talk to outside of the community here. 🥰 I'm hoping to add at least a couple more to the list at some point, though whether they'll be supportive or just tolerant remains to be seen. I'm still a little giddy (on your behalf) that you have your daughter "in the circle" and on your side.
She's still a little creeped out by Mad's always-open eyes and I didn't blindfold her this week. My daughter still came in and sat on the bed, even put her hand on top of Mads' legs, so that was a "first". She's warming up to the idea and she sees how much happier I am with Mads around.

She asked me today why her mother isn't happy. :lol: I played it safe and talked about how tough it is to live on your own... pay your own bills... clean your own house, that kind of thing. THEN, she said something that made me burst out laughing, "Do you think if she cleaned her house like you do, she'd be happy?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love kids!

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

averbeck70 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:01 pm Good idea about the wig stand. Have you got a go-to? I buy these from AliExpress. They have a daily sale called Choice, buy three items on sale and get free shipping. They're usually in there for $2.99CDN. I have 7 stands now and 6 wigs. I bought a hanging one too, but it takes up too much closet space. :lol: Mads needs every inch!
Got a page not found on that link, alas. I currently have two stands, and they look like this:
wigstand.jpg
wigstand.jpg (131.5 KiB) Viewed 331 times

I got them via Etsy, though the shipping slip indicates that they were dropshipped from Shein. I've previously been keeping low-use wigs carefully folded back into their plastic bags and stacked, and just used the stands for maintenance. Ruby mostly wears the one wig. I have five others so far: two that are very similar to her primary wig but that I don't like quite as much, this new 40s one, a black pony-tailed manufacturer wig that I'll likely use for cosplay at some point, and a blonde manufacturer wig (sent because my requested one was out of stock) that I'll likely never use.
She's still a little creeped out by Mad's always-open eyes and I didn't blindfold her this week. My daughter still came in and sat on the bed, even put her hand on top of Mads' legs, so that was a "first". She's warming up to the idea and she sees how much happier I am with Mads around.
That is super heartwarming.
She asked me today why her mother isn't happy. :lol: I played it safe and talked about how tough it is to live on your own... pay your own bills... clean your own house, that kind of thing. THEN, she said something that made me burst out laughing, "Do you think if she cleaned her house like you do, she'd be happy?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love kids!
I really enjoy your descriptions of discussions with your daughter. And yeah, that was a great reply on her part. :mrgreen:

averbeck70
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by averbeck70 »

mibdul wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:31 pmGot a page not found on that link, alas. I currently have two stands, and they look like this:(clipped)
Weird... when I click on the link from your quote it works... (joking) It's a series of tubes! Anyway, it looks like this...
Collapsible Wig Stand
Collapsible Wig Stand
Wig-Stand_Black.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 253 times
I like them because they collapse if I need to put them away.

Have you tried out lace-front wigs? The one in the photo you attached is a lace front, open weft wig. I've got open weft wigs and I got that type specifically because they're easy to non-destructively resize, but have been reluctant to branch out to lace fronts. I'm curious what the advantage is, if any.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

averbeck70 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:21 am Have you tried out lace-front wigs? The one in the photo you attached is a lace front, open weft wig. I've got open weft wigs and I got that type specifically because they're easy to non-destructively resize, but have been reluctant to branch out to lace fronts. I'm curious what the advantage is, if any.
Yeah, it sure is. That's a promo photo, though. Haven't purchased any lace fronts myself, or even looked into how they work. Wigs in general have been fairly low on my priority list -- for the moment, as long as I like the way Ruby looks I'm good. :mrgreen:

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

I don't know how I missed that last update but let me just say mib, I LOVE her vintage look! Those victory rolls! Of course with all the other accessories and props, your attention to detail is outstanding and showcases your interest in antique and vintage for sure. A theme made for your tastes, I'd say.

I'd almost call her reminiscent of a Gibson Girl but that's a stitch too early for her era in these, Ruby is more like the beautiful daughter of a Gibson Girl.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

carbohvdrates wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:34 pm I don't know how I missed that last update but let me just say mib, I LOVE her vintage look! Those victory rolls! Of course with all the other accessories and props, your attention to detail is outstanding and showcases your interest in antique and vintage for sure. A theme made for your tastes, I'd say.
Thanks! I'd been hoping that everything might come together in time for the Vintage contest, and so it did. :mrgreen: As with my tastes in other things, my tastes in vintage and antique objects are eclectic at best. I do have a strong appreciation for machines that are fairly simple, do what they're supposed to do, and can be maintained and repaired. As it happens, a lot of machines like that tend to date to the first half of the 20th century. :P Next time I bring out that dress and wig I might showcase my vacuum (built in the 60s but designed in 1939) or my 1920s phone connected to a modern VoIP line. :D
I'd almost call her reminiscent of a Gibson Girl but that's a stitch too early for her era in these, Ruby is more like the beautiful daughter of a Gibson Girl.
I've watched some documentary stuff about the Gibson Girl look and the wild corsetry required to create it. 8O There's definitely some callback to the hairstyles of that time in the style that Ruby had. Despite a little out of sight tailoring-via-binder-clip to maximize the dress fit, though, her curves are 100% her own. :whistle:

INFORMATIONS