Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Financing a Realdoll?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

space_case

Financing a Realdoll?

Post by space_case »

Hi folks,

Newbie here. Very impressed with the doll forum and all the helpful members.

I've had my eye on the Realdoll for several years now. The obvious question is, where do I get this kind of money?

Only out of college a year or two now, with no real savings, it seems asinine. Though, the need for one seems to have always been a constant.

I've considered a 1st-pc (torso w/head flat back) to see if this hobby is for me, before I shell out $7000 USD. (I did once have a latex inflatable years back)

Anyway, might any of you have some advice about personal loans and alike for a financially ignorant newbie?

Thanks,

space_case

Miss_San_Diego
Former Member

Post by Miss_San_Diego »

Hi there space_case

and welcome to TDF The only real good advice I can give you is to try and sell and save without taking out personal loans I know its difficult but it is the best way in my appinion I don't think any of the doll makers offer personal credit only by using your credit card but I could be wrong

good luck :)

GordonGriggs

Post by GordonGriggs »

If you have good credit just go to the bank and take out a personal loan. I did it back in 2001 and bought my realdoll Kellysue.

I just went to one of the ladies sitting at the desk and told her I wanted a personal loan. She asked me what I wanted the money for so I handed her a few photo's of my realdoll GingerBrooke. Then I explained to her that Gingerbrooke was a realdoll and I wanted to buy another one. She looked a bit confused then said " Oh, you use them for photography." I said "Yes somtimes, But mostly we just have sex.

I wish I had a camera for the expression on her face. Then she put everything in her computer and about 15 minutes later they gave ma a check.

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Respect.
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

" Oh, you use them for photography." I said "Yes somtimes, But mostly we just have sex.
:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats about the only way, if you have credit. If not, you got to save and maybe find a used one. I've got dolls from the Realdoll Doctor. they are mostly repaired defect dolls from Abyss. prices are a bit cheaper for near new dolls. I've used a home equity loan before, but I assume you don't have a house yet.

GSS

Post by GSS »

Gordon Griggs wrote:
Then I explained to her that Gingerbrooke was a realdoll and I wanted to buy another one. She looked a bit confused then said " Oh, you use them for photography." I said "Yes somtimes, But mostly we just have sex.

I wish I had a camera for the expression on her face. Then she put everything in her computer and about 15 minutes later they gave ma a check.
That is a Freaking RIOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GSS

Post by GSS »

Realdoll sells a torso. Goldman sells them too. I've never owned one, but I 've heard nothing but good things about his products and his character as a businessman. You could go with a cheaper doll too. I figure if you don't like the realistic torso, then you saved yourself a lot of money on an expensive doll later. If you do like it then you'll have something to occupy you while you save up more money.

GSS

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

Not that I recommend for anyone to go into debt, but if you're determined to have it, have the credit limit, and have a reasonable job, then paying off $7000 on a credit card or personal loan is a great way to build credit history.

After leaving college myself I used my credit card to charge small but necessary things to build up my credit history. The reward was an increased credit limit and a good history of paying off debts that went over well when I eventually bought a house. I just made sure that I was making enough money to pay more than the minimum payments so that I could pay off things quickly.

$7000 is small enough that you can pay it off in a reasonable time (a couple years is not so bad) but substantial enough that it reflects well for you.

Just to cushion yourself, though, I would save up a modicum of money so that you can put up a reasonable down payment (so that you only need to pay $5k or $6k rather than $7k) and pay more than the minimum on your monthly payments. Set a budget for yourself to make it easier.

Just some thoughts. If you're going to do it you might as well make it work for you. :)

Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 1113 »

You could buy a used one from one of the members of the forum in the FOR SALE forum, or you could check if you found a refurbished doll you like with the www.realdolldoctor.com , or you could check www.candyeighteen.com dolls, they are very cute and affordable...

deacon

Post by deacon »

A personal loan would be a better bet than putting it on a credit card. The reason behind that is that personal loans generally have a MUCH lower interest rate than credit cards. Credit cards can go as high as like 22%. A personal loan would be half that at the most. If you are a member of a credit union that would help you out tremendously as well.

Either way think long and hard before you make your final decision.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

I bought my BoyToyDoll on a convenience check issued against my credit card.

My card is done through the bank I also have my savings in, and I have in the words of the girl at the service desk "amazing credit." They happened to have a special APR on convenience checks with my credit card (3.2% for 12 months).

So, I took the check and sent it to PhoenixStudios, though I could have ordered with Abyss if I had wanted.

In any case, I plan on paying it off as soon as possible over the course of the next year so I can take advantage of the good interest rate.

Do some searching and you will find a way to either save up for your doll, or a credit/payment option that works for you.

space_case

Post by space_case »

Thanks for all the responses.

It does seem that a personal loan may work. Googling, I've come across unsecured personal loans. Looks like that might be my category.

My next step is some serious financial planning (and lots of research in TDF).

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Great news!

I'm very glad to hear that you are going to do some serious homework before you dive into this.

I would hate to hear that you got the doll of your dreams, but the payments on the loan you got have put you into dire straits financially.

Hope all goes well!

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

My advice would be to consider contacting Goldman and seeing if he has one of his slightly blemished torso dolls available. He will probably sell you one at a substantial discount below their regular price of $3K USD. If you discover that you do not like this hobby, you can then probably sell the toro used and get at least half of your money back for it.

Right now is not a good time to be taking on a lot of debt. There is, most likely, a moderate to severe recession on the horizon for the USA in the next two years. Interest rates will be climbing and I am convinced there will be a BIG drop in the retail prices of the high-end dolls.

This is a good time to be accumulating CASH, not debt, so that when the retail prices plunge, you will be in a position to scoop up a NEW doll at a fraction of what they are currently going for.

technoguy

WOW! I just noticed that this is my 1000th post on TDF! It's amazing how quickly they accumulate.

So, I guess I'm officially a "KILO poster" now. I kind of feel like a jet plane that just broke the sound barrier! LOL!

GSS

Post by GSS »

technoguy wrote:
technoguy

WOW! I just noticed that this is my 1000th post on TDF! It's amazing how quickly they accumulate.

So, I guess I'm officially a "KILO poster" now. I kind of feel like a jet plane that just broke the sound barrier! LOL!
Doesn't TDF stand for "Technoguy Doll Forum"? (Just kidding Bro! You know you rock.)

I don't advise that you take on a loan of any sort given your circumstances. Taking on a $7k loan in your circumstances. Realistically speaking, its possible that your loan could outlast the life of the doll. How would you feel about making payments on something that you no longer have? Many people are in that boat!

Now someone might say that it will build your credit. Indeed it can. There are more responsibile ways to accomplish that. You can put that money towards an affordable new or used car. You will have an asset that you need/use. Plus nothing other than a home loan in good standing increases you credit rating better.

Honestly, you might want to forgo using credit at all until you on solid ground financially. You'll sleep better at night.
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

INFORMATIONS