Too afraid to order!

Sili Doll is a USA Manufacturer of lifelike sex dolls & body parts (breast, booty, torso & legs). Main material used is Korean TPE. All Sili Dolls are in stock in Los Angeles or Hong Kong and fast-shipped for free with UPS, FedEx or DHL. Amazing dolls and toys from $39 only! Open to negotiate price! Frequent catalog updates with HD video reviews! Buyer Support!
Favorite us: silidoll.com
jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Too afraid to order!

Post by jms033 »

I'm thinking about purchasing the Summer Doll from Sili, but I'm too afraid to order. The problem is UPS miss drops! I don't know why, but UPS and even Fed Ex is so bad at delivering packages to the wrong addresses. In the past 11 months, I have lost 14 packages from UPS! It's sad that the people keep the packages, instead of calling and having them come back and get it and deliver it to the right address. I calculated almost $750 I have lost due to miss drops! Of course, calling them leads to dead ends, and no return phone calls. Now, I'm thinking about asking the post office to see if UPS can drop off the doll there, and I can go and pick her up at the post office. I really don't know any other way. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, and signing for the package is out, because one of my neighbors lost a package, that some other person actually signed for it, and kept it!

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Too afraid to order!

Post by Adventurer »

You can always have the package delivered directly to a UPS store or facility. I much prefer that to direct delivery anyway! You just pick it up whenever is convenient for you.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Tacitus_Bartelby

Post by Tacitus_Bartelby »

Yes - both FedEx & UPS will offer a hold service where you can pick up from them instead of them delivering to some lucky fella across town

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

Maybe you should call the cops. If that much of your stuff is going missing, it sounds like the delivery person is actually keeping it. And sharing it with his boss.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Either that or you have awful neighbours or some serious porch pirates in your area. Are you in a house or an apartment, and are you normally home when they are due to drop off? Security video to make sure they're not being delivered but someone is then stealing it? And is there a similarly named street in your town? I've got a friend who lives on "Smith Avenue" and his packages regularly go to "Smith Street" (not the real street names, but you get the idea).

If the packages are being delivered to the wrong address people probably just assume that if they keep it the real owner will just get a refund. Amazon has kinda made people assume that since that seems to be their policy. Pity people don't realise not every package comes from Amazon. If you could figure out where the packages get misdelivered maybe (and that is the key word) the people there would be willing to give you the package, but I wouldn't count on that.

Anyway, a doll is an expensive item and *should* require a signature on delivery. If they don't obtain a signature then surely you'd be able to claim from UPS (or any courier) for failing their duties?

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Nackers wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:20 am Either that or you have awful neighbours or some serious porch pirates in your area. Are you in a house or an apartment, and are you normally home when they are due to drop off? Security video to make sure they're not being delivered but someone is then stealing it? And is there a similarly named street in your town? I've got a friend who lives on "Smith Avenue" and his packages regularly go to "Smith Street" (not the real street names, but you get the idea).

If the packages are being delivered to the wrong address people probably just assume that if they keep it the real owner will just get a refund. Amazon has kinda made people assume that since that seems to be their policy. Pity people don't realise not every package comes from Amazon. If you could figure out where the packages get misdelivered maybe (and that is the key word) the people there would be willing to give you the package, but I wouldn't count on that.

Anyway, a doll is an expensive item and *should* require a signature on delivery. If they don't obtain a signature then surely you'd be able to claim from UPS (or any courier) for failing their duties?

Actually, what's going on in my part of town here in the U.S. is UPS a lot of the time will drop off a few packages to just one address, instead of delivering them to the correct addresses. I was told that sometimes UPS drivers get behind schedule, so to save time, they will just drop off a bunch of packages to one address. I haven't ordered anything online for a long while, but I am hoping that now they have a new contract, there services will be better. I do have security cameras around my house, so if anyone walks up my driveway, or comes near my house, my cameras will record them. But I think I will go with the UPS store. I'll have to look it up, and hopefully there's one here in town, or close by.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

jms033 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:56 am
Nackers wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:20 am Either that or you have awful neighbours or some serious porch pirates in your area. Are you in a house or an apartment, and are you normally home when they are due to drop off? Security video to make sure they're not being delivered but someone is then stealing it? And is there a similarly named street in your town? I've got a friend who lives on "Smith Avenue" and his packages regularly go to "Smith Street" (not the real street names, but you get the idea).

Actually, what's going on in my part of town here in the U.S. is UPS a lot of the time will drop off a few packages to just one address, instead of delivering them to the correct addresses. I was told that sometimes UPS drivers get behind schedule, so to save time, they will just drop off a bunch of packages to one address. I haven't ordered anything online for a long while, but I am hoping that now they have a new contract, there services will be better. I do have security cameras around my house, so if anyone walks up my driveway, or comes near my house, my cameras will record them. But I think I will go with the UPS store. I'll have to look it up, and hopefully there's one here in town, or close by.
UPS is a garbage company and I wish they are getting sued a lot. We have the same problem in the montreal area. They are also known to not delivery big boxes because the driver don't feel like putting the effort. I never had a single issue with FEDEX, USPS and Canada Post. But everytime I am beeing told that UPS will deliver, I roll the dice. In my experience, I fail to receive the package 1 out of 3 times.

I guess it depend if your area has a good manager or not.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Lone Wolf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lone Wolf »

jms033 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:56 am Actually, what's going on in my part of town here in the U.S. is UPS a lot of the time will drop off a few packages to just one address, instead of delivering them to the correct addresses. I was told that sometimes UPS drivers get behind schedule, so to save time, they will just drop off a bunch of packages to one address.
And then what? They think it is up to the homeowners of that particular address to deliver all the other packages to the appropriate people on behalf of UPS?! Or it's just pure laziness on their part and dereliction of duty? That really sucks either way!
LW

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

jms033 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:56 am Actually, what's going on in my part of town here in the U.S. is UPS a lot of the time will drop off a few packages to just one address, instead of delivering them to the correct addresses. I was told that sometimes UPS drivers get behind schedule, so to save time, they will just drop off a bunch of packages to one address. I haven't ordered anything online for a long while, but I am hoping that now they have a new contract, there services will be better. I do have security cameras around my house, so if anyone walks up my driveway, or comes near my house, my cameras will record them. But I think I will go with the UPS store. I'll have to look it up, and hopefully there's one here in town, or close by.
Ugh! That's awful. Sounds like a product of pressure from online sales (*koff* amazon *koff*) on the higher ups to guarantee fast delivery. Which filters down to overworked drivers. I'd much rather wait an extra day or two than have drivers dumping my packages somewhere :(

INFORMATIONS