betterlovedoll.com

Help on where to start a new topic.

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Highjumpingvulture
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help on where to start a new topic.

Post by Highjumpingvulture »

Hi everyone,

I figure that this is spelled out somewhere, but several weeks of free time spent searching, including the search feature, has brought me nothing. Where are the best places to start a topic about my doll? I want to do things right and not be off topic, but I'd just like to know where best to be able to share thoughts and events.

I'm a first time doll owner and very new to forum use in general. My photography skills are poor, and I take what limited pictures I can with a cellphone camera. So, I'd be sharing some pictures but probably not enough that I would feel appropriate to be in "Eye Candy."

Any advice or a link to a guide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Help on where to start a new topic.

Post by Rock13 »

Welcome to TDF!

I'd recommend browsing several of the forum categories and look for the descriptions for each- they usually have a byline or perhaps a set of sticky topics that explain the purpose of the category- and then scroll down to see the topics posted by members to get a feel for the On-Topic character of them. Please note that most of them have subforums designed to accomodate and pursue discussion on areas of interest such as doll fashion, photography, etc. Manufacturer and Vendor forums are for discussion of specific makes and models, whereas discussions pertinent to dolls that aren't specific to a particular make or model are usually placed in open categories like "Dolls In General" or "Eye Candy" (Check the red arrows in my illustration below for examples):

Also, be sure to review the forum rules and terms of service here:

app.php/rules

ucp.php?mode=terms
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Highjumpingvulture
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Highjumpingvulture »

So it wouldn't be out of line then, if I was only talking about one make and model of doll, to put the topic in the manufacturer forum?

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

If you mean you'd be making a kind of review along with the photos then manufacturer forum definitely seems appropriate. At least a few manufacturer forums also have a "reviews" subforum. Doing that really helps out people who are thinking of buying the same model doll, or even similar models from the same manufacturer.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

If the thread will be about a listed manufacturer's products, then post in that manufacturer's sub-forum. If the thread will be comparing products between manufacturers or a product from a non-listed manufacturer, then post in Dolls in General. If you're just looking to share some pics, then post in Eye Candy.

Regardless of where you decide to post, do read the Rules of Conduct first.

INFORMATIONS