www.yourdoll.com

What are you using for clothing storage?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
MourningWood

What are you using for clothing storage?

Post by MourningWood »

I’ve reached the point where I have more clothes for my dolls than I have for myself. I’ve become overwhelmed in terms of storage because all my dolls are different sizes.

Was wondering how you’ve got all your doll clothes sorted and what storage system you are using? Might need to pick up another dresser but was just seeing what you guys use

jeeniferruby92121
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: What are you using for clothing storage?

Post by jeeniferruby92121 »

LOL,Isn’t it usable in the closet?

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

I am having the same problem. I ended up having to box up a lot of their clothes and store them in the attic for now.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I keep things that only fit Jyoti separate from the rest in my office closet, but everything else is just mixed in with the wife's stuff. Luckily she takes the same sizes as 4 of my dolls. One stop shopping! :mrgreen:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Plastic utility storage tubs work well for me. But then most guys like storage tubs. :)
They stack well and usually interlock. Labelling is important, as is getting different color containers to find stuff easily.

Small ones work well for accessories and such. Putting each type in a labelled ziploc bag, THEN in the tub avoids the heap issue. Also easier to find when needed.
Medium sized ones work well for swimwear, crop tops and medium sized tops and mid range tops that can double as short dresses.
Larger ones are great for bulky stuff like jeans, overalls, jackets, really nice dresses and bulky costume sets.
Larger ones are also great for shoe and boot storage and odd sized stuff like hats.

Unique stuff that fits best on the smaller dolls is kept in a different type and color container so they don't get mixed.

Small plastic food storage containers work well for small odd stuff that you may use frequently, such as jewelry, hair ties for clothing adjustment, etc.
They stack and have clear lids so you can quickly see what is inside. Labels help on those too. :)

It works for me, but your mileage may vary. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Athenadoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Athenadoll »

Her clothes are in with mine, each drawer has hers on one side and mine on the other, same with our Bras and lingerie thats hung up in the wardrobe as we are different sizes and wear different colours its easy to see who's are who's, some things I have for her I wouldn't wear myself as I wouldn't feel confident in, like white lingerie

Nanako
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Nanako »

My closet has, over time, become Nanako's closet.
My things are squeezed into a remote corner. She
also has other small items stashed away in a large
chest drawer, and we keep her traditional clothes
in a seperate, more protected place. Plus, there are
her old and seldom-used items squished into several
handy shopping bags. That doesn't include the wigs
and accessories, but let's not get into that.

dolltrance
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolltrance »

Knapsack

Avonman1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Avonman1 »

As I have 30+ dolls, I have a chest of drawers, a 20 cube set from ebay and a wardrobe with 5 ledges inside, 2 built in wardrobes with dresses in and as I sell lingerie as well I have cardboard boxes etc in there. Most are in 2nd bedroom with 5 torsos on a side cabinet and 4 other dolls on chairs. Also have plastic containers which I have emptied in garage to be used for skirts etc. Torsos I use to sell new and 2ndhand bras and lingerie so sooner I get selling more the better.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Just those plastic chest of drawers commonly found in big box department stores like Walmart.
I work in apartments so I find these things discarded all the time.
And you can dedicate drawers to one dolls things ad adjust as her stuff grows.

AUselessNoob

Post by AUselessNoob »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:38 am Plastic utility storage tubs work well for me. But then most guys like storage tubs. :)
Storage tubs rule! I like the Sterilite tubs, you can get them on Amazon. They're stackable and see-through so you can tell which one has the stuff you need at a glance. 30 quart size works pretty well for general clothing, 17 quart shares the same footprint so it's stackable with 30qt and is good for smaller items (tshirts, bras/panties). And they make some smaller ones too that you can use for the really little stuff (jewelry, hair ties, bobby pins, etc).

I've heard that clothes should be stored in containers that are breathable and have some air circulation, but honestly I've been using these tubs for years. As long as items are clean and dry when they go in, there shouldn't be any problems. Plus, these tubs are sturdy as hell and have survived like a bazillion moves - never had to throw one out because it broke.

loomis
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by loomis »

20220918_110012.jpg
20220918_110012.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 410 times
just set aside part of yer abode for a ladies lounge :P
Brianna Melony SM150L viewtopic.php?t=119529
Mazzy Melony DC132bbw viewtopic.php?t=154699

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello MourningWood,

me and my doll also have plastic box. It s nice.
To not swim in clothing in small home, we have rule to only have one box^^

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

vtt2jam
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vtt2jam »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:38 am Plastic utility storage tubs work well for me. But then most guys like storage tubs. :)
They stack well and usually interlock. Labelling is important, as is getting different color containers to find stuff easily.

Small ones work well for accessories and such. Putting each type in a labelled ziploc bag, THEN in the tub avoids the heap issue. Also easier to find when needed.
Medium sized ones work well for swimwear, crop tops and medium sized tops and mid range tops that can double as short dresses.
Larger ones are great for bulky stuff like jeans, overalls, jackets, really nice dresses and bulky costume sets.
Larger ones are also great for shoe and boot storage and odd sized stuff like hats.

Unique stuff that fits best on the smaller dolls is kept in a different type and color container so they don't get mixed.

Small plastic food storage containers work well for small odd stuff that you may use frequently, such as jewelry, hair ties for clothing adjustment, etc.
They stack and have clear lids so you can quickly see what is inside. Labels help on those too. :)

It works for me, but your mileage may vary. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
I 2nd this, I do this and it works well.

jpac123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jpac123 »

Plastic totes and/or these things: https://www.amazon.ca/Ziploc-Big-Bags-D ... 8d3877cef8
My doll Megan already has several outfits and shoes. So much so, that she’s outgrown her little tote bag I bought before she arrived.

INFORMATIONS