Starpery.com

Torn silicone orifices - desperately seeking advice

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Torn silicone orifices - desperately seeking advice

Post by Wheezer »

dparson wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:55 pm <snip>
After cutting away the tape a small divot was left ...
<snip>
Probably too late now, but FWIW if you are working with one part or self curing silicone you really need to stick to thin layers.

Regular two part silicone cures by a chemical reaction , so you can make it thick.
One part silicone cures due to contact with the air.

If one part stuff is applied too thick then the top layer cures and seals in the inner parts.
Thus they can not get to atmosphere and don't cure.
As you found with your gummy divot. :)

Many folks have used the one part silicone or "tile caulk" to hold stuff up by using a big old gob.
I guess it was the "more is better" way of thinking.
Later it would not cure and the things would come down. :(
But in your case, no real damage.

Also they make non-silicone mold release sprays for use with silicone that work quite well.
In your case spray a bit on one side of something to use as a dam, leave the other side alone.
Apply the release covered side of the dam to the doll and use regular tape on the untouched side.
Holds in the molding stuff, the dam won't stick and easy to remove later.

Other than that ... looks good so far.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

dparson

Post by dparson »

Thanks Wheezer! It's good to hear confirmation about what I ended up having to figure out on my own at least, and hopefully OP will see it. Seems pretty common for newbies like myself to try a fix that only half works out, then try again and get a better result :)

Hopefully OP reads your tips, maybe he's still waiting on the insert he purchased.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

It is actually GOOD to see when things go wrong.

Many times users have a repair problem caulk it up to "Oh Well" and move on.
Instead they should post their problems and issues.

Not only do they get a chance to recover from them, but others also learn.
A lurker might have run into something similar, now he knows he is not alone.
Plus once a problem is known and a solution posted, less chance of that biting someone else in the future.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

dparson

Post by dparson »

Just a follow up on how my repair is holding up. About 6 weeks ago I used a no-name silicone doll repair adhesive listed on Amazon and it has held up great, remaining flexible and smooth to the touch viewtopic.php?p=2431091#p2431091. Yesterday another part of the vaginal opening had a tear developing that I addressed. I used some isopropyl alcohol to clean the area and used a toothpick to fill the crack. Since it self-levels I put it on very thin and just like last time, it left a very smooth surface that feels a lot better than sil-poxy and is a pretty good color match. So I'm still really happy with how this product works. The glue is more firm than the doll's original silicone but it's still very comfortable, but it would be an improvement if it could be slightly more flexible.
1.jpg
1.jpg (41.11 KiB) Viewed 278 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (190.16 KiB) Viewed 278 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (35.37 KiB) Viewed 278 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (38.5 KiB) Viewed 278 times

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

How did it go? Did u repair the doll?

lightfootted
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lightfootted »

I have an update, good and bad news.

Good news: The experiment with an insert was a success. After a long wait, I received an insert from Elsababe. I carefully measured and trimmed it down until it was about 2.5 (8cm) long, tapering inwards. When places into the gap, it held very well and filled the hole. It remained in place even during intercourse with the legs spread, which felt very good. It drastically improved the look, though it wouldn't win any awards. I contemplated gluing it in place but frankly, it was much easier to clean by removing the insert.

Bad news: I never took any photos.

Worse news: due to a change in my living situation, I had to downsize. I decided to get rid of this doll. It was the right call, even after all the work to repair it.

Thank you all for your advice.

INFORMATIONS