Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poor service enquiry by Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Desmondhume92
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Poor service enquiry by Abyss

Post by Desmondhume92 »

Hi,

I brought a RD2 during the black friday sales by in late November last year. I was told by Samuel that the doll will be expected to enter production in this year May or June and be ready for shipment in July. Samuel also advised me to check-in with him now and then. However no update came in July which I expected since this is my second order and I sent Samuel and his team an email in late July on the progress. It has been more than a month and I have sent two consecutive emails to check however totally no response despite the automated prompt that it will reply within 3-5 business days and I am now kinda worried since I totally have no idea on how is my order.

Needless to say I am disappointed in the way Realdoll handles their customer on the order progress update and I have been reading a lot of negative comments from others on instagram. This is not a small sum that I paid fully for the doll and I even took out a bank loan for it. I hope my situation will serve as a warning to those looking to order and hopefully someone would be able to help me on this and raise it to Abyss. Thanks.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Poor service enquiry by Abyss

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Desmondhume92 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:01 pm Hi,

I brought a RD2 during the black friday sales by in late November last year. I was told by Samuel that the doll will be expected to enter production in this year May or June and be ready for shipment in July. Samuel also advised me to check-in with him now and then. However no update came in July which I expected since this is my second order and I sent Samuel and his team an email in late July on the progress. It has been more than a month and I have sent two consecutive emails to check however totally no response despite the automated prompt that it will reply within 3-5 business days and I am now kinda worried since I totally have no idea on how is my order.

Needless to say I am disappointed in the way Realdoll handles their customer on the order progress update and I have been reading a lot of negative comments from others on instagram. This is not a small sum that I paid fully for the doll and I even took out a bank loan for it. I hope my situation will serve as a warning to those looking to order and hopefully someone would be able to help me on this and raise it to Abyss. Thanks.
Hi Desmondhume92

We are here to help.

A couple of suggestions and questions.

What Real Doll did your oder this time, Body and Face?

Have you checked your account on the website? There is a progress graphic on your order page.

When you email, do you include the original order email &/or your order # in the subject line?

Where are you located? and are you using the same email address you placed your order with to reply to Sam? BTW Sam does not have a team, it is just him.

Which email address are you writing to at Real Doll/Abyss?

The more info you have the better if you need assistance from management here.

Oh and just curious-
What other Real Doll do you have and when did you order her?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

It’s just sam and he’s slammed
I ordered my RD BF in 2021 and it arrived Q1 2023
I was able to call / email Sam to make a few changes as I waited he did call me back a few days later
They get back to you on change order correspondence quickly
I never called or emailed about order status / I think they avoid them as they practically have nothing to say other than it’s in line

I knew it was going to take a while
This is doll #2 first doll 10 years ago took 11 weeks from order to delivery

He was nice enough to comp me the upgrade free of charge I requested because I was waiting so long

Hang in there they are good people
You will be glad you did the second you open that box

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

What really tripped up abyss during my order was shortage of silicone and silicone batches that kept getting rejected for poor quality.
I don’t know if that’s still going on
But they may still be struggling to get silicone

Desmondhume92
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Desmondhume92 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:20 pm
Desmondhume92 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:01 pm Hi,

Hi Desmondhume92

We are here to help.

A couple of suggestions and questions.

What Real Doll did your oder this time, Body and Face?

Have you checked your account on the website? There is a progress graphic on your order page.

When you email, do you include the original order email &/or your order # in the subject line?

Where are you located? and are you using the same email address you placed your order with to reply to Sam? BTW Sam does not have a team, it is just him.

Which email address are you writing to at Real Doll/Abyss?

The more info you have the better if you need assistance from management here.

Oh and just curious-
What other Real Doll do you have and when did you order her?
Hi TJ Foxx,

I ordered a Star 3.0 petite with petite 4 body and slight customisations to the eye, nipple and removing the custom freakles otherwise the rest of configuration is standard.
To answer your questions, yes I have been checking the website progress and there has not been any update at the "Ordered" progress bar.
Yes the email that I have sent to Sam is the follow-up email using my original order email and include my order # in the subject line.
I am currently based in Singapore. Yes I know Sam works alone in that department but he should at least respond instead of keeping me and presumbly the rest of the customers in waiting in frustration and not knowing how is the progress.
I have an Olivia 2.0 with standard configuration and ordered it last year although there was a significient delay period however Sam was responding to my email queries back then. Olivia is great but I find the sillicone on certain parts like joints, legs and finger tips can tear easily so I have to be careful with her.
Appreciate if you can check with the management and the current progress.

Desmondhume92
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Desmondhume92 »

PersianKat wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:37 am It’s just sam and he’s slammed
I ordered my RD BF in 2021 and it arrived Q1 2023
I was able to call / email Sam to make a few changes as I waited he did call me back a few days later
They get back to you on change order correspondence quickly
I never called or emailed about order status / I think they avoid them as they practically have nothing to say other than it’s in line

I knew it was going to take a while
This is doll #2 first doll 10 years ago took 11 weeks from order to delivery

He was nice enough to comp me the upgrade free of charge I requested because I was waiting so long

Hang in there they are good people
You will be glad you did the second you open that box
The estimated production lead time of eight to ten months is simply misleading, seems to me the waiting list period alone get increased every year.

I am based overseas and office hours in Abyss is literally close to or past midnight here so it is impractical to communicate via phone calls thus I prefer email correspondences. Pretty sure Realdoll has a lot of overseas orders as well.

My first doll is great, the logistics for moving her when she was delivered the first day was a nightmare and a lot of close shaves but yeah she was worth it.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

It sounds like everything is on track. I’d keep communicating with Sam, perhaps consider all the variables a little more carefully.

He will get with you as soon as he can. We know Sam is a dedicated guy with a lot on his plate.

Keep us posted.

As an aside I have a special eye lid order in with Abyss for my Tasha (P3 Sky) who has closing eyes.

It took a bit to get through but once Sam was able to get to me he has been very responsive & appreciative of my patience.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

I'm slways suprised to see these threads where folks have ordered and paid for dolls and have no idea when they will receive them and the communication seems less than what would be expected.

As a business owner myself, I know customer communication is key. We manufacture products which cost tens of thousands of dollars and require months to complete. We need to keep in constant communication with our clients about the progress of their order.

What's so hard about email RD?
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Out_Of_Sync wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:49 pm I'm slways suprised to see these threads where folks have ordered and paid for dolls and have no idea when they will receive them and the communication seems less than what would be expected.

As a business owner myself, I know customer communication is key. We manufacture products which cost tens of thousands of dollars and require months to complete. We need to keep in constant communication with our clients about the progress of their order.

Edit: I edited this post deleting unsupported opinion

I second that
You mean he works alone?

He must have some help so he can delegate email comms, even online in a different State or country, Customer Service is just a notebook and its not a skilled job

I guess RD customers place an order and then buy a doll from China to help him get through the waiting time. Guess its worth in the end
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Luiskjr wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:31 pm
Out_Of_Sync wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:49 pm I'm slways suprised to see these threads where folks have ordered and paid for dolls and have no idea when they will receive them and the communication seems less than what would be expected.

I second that
2 years to wait for Realdoll?
you could be dead in 2 years
Imagine the risk. You pay Usd 6,000.00 for a RD and in 2 years new upgrades and features from China leave that RD less interesting than today

In 2 years I wanna buy a Doll made in 2025 !!

I wouldnt buy anything for delivery in 2 years, not even a house

You mean he works alone? he mixes and pour the silicone, paint, release doll from mold? all alone?

He must have some employee so he should delegate email comms

I guess all RD customers place an order and then buy a doll from China to help him get through the waiting time.

Or he could put a notice email to every customer
"I might take months to reply, be patient"
Sam is the sole outside sales rep
They have a staff that makes the dolls
But sam is the only one that does sales and customer service.
They haven’t hired since Diana or something retired a few years ago ?
There was another person there at some point helping them out

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

PersianKat wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:00 am
TY PK.

I think you are referring to Deb :-) She was running a lot of the sales operations and retired around the time of or just before the move to Vegas.

You other guys, let's not use hyperbole and hasty generalization, misleading vividness and cherry picking to throw shade. Sam is the sole contact for sales. The move did impact staff as did the current economy and labor force skilled enough to make these works of art. Additionally as PK mentioned, the silicone shortage probably hit them the hardest. I do know from work that the mico chip (related to silicone shortage) brought the auto to it's knees for over 2 years and they are still not recovered.

PK did not say it took 2 years to get his doll. While I do not know when in 2021 he ordered, why not assume it was the Black Friday sale in 2021 and he got his Doll Q1 of 2023 that ls just over a year. Is it a long time? Yes. Do we know why? Yes. Sam communicated with him. I have had no issues other than slight, reasonable delays for ordering accessories including repair kits, custom eyes, & custom eyelids.

If you have actual experience with real Doll/Abyss creations to share, please do. Otherwise, please check yourself for Rule 10, Rule 5 and Rule 3 before posting in this or any manufacturer's thread.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:49 am
PersianKat wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:00 am
TY PK.

I think you are referring to Deb :-) She was running a lot of the sales operations and retired around the time of or just before the move to Vegas.

You other guys, let's not use hyperbole and hasty generalization, misleading vividness and cherry picking to throw shade. Sam is the sole contact for sales. The move did impact staff as did the current economy and labor force skilled enough to make these works of art. Additionally as PK mentioned, the silicone shortage probably hit them the hardest. I do know from work that the mico chip (related to silicone shortage) brought the auto to it's knees for over 2 years and they are still not recovered.

PK did not say it took 2 years to get his doll. While I do not know when in 2021 he ordered, why not assume it was the Black Friday sale in 2021 and he got his Doll Q1 of 2023 that ls just over a year. Is it a long time? Yes. Do we know why? Yes. Sam communicated with him. I have had no issues other than slight, reasonable delays for ordering accessories including repair kits, custom eyes, & custom eyelids.

If you have actual experience with real Doll/Abyss creations to share, please do. Otherwise, please check yourself for Rule 10, Rule 5 and Rule 3 before posting in this or any manufacturer's thread.
I was 14 months of waiting. I forgot the exact time but it is literally the title of my post which is right next to this one.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

PersianKat wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:58 pm
I was 14 months of waiting. I forgot the exact time but it is literally the title of my post which is right next to this one.
TY PK. So guys, it wasn't 2 years. Let's stop the ad hominem attacks on the company and staff and stop making misleading statements and exaggerations.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

I wholeheartedly agree. People have entrusted their order and several thousand dollars and, at minimum, "deserve" a reply with an update of some sort. Silence is not a good strategy. If a vendor is going to accept an order, they should be able to furnish a periodic update. :thumbs_up: Its part of most any vendor/customer relationship where a production lead time is a component.

Desmondhume92
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Desmondhume92 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:49 pm It sounds like everything is on track. I’d keep communicating with Sam, perhaps consider all the variables a little more carefully.

He will get with you as soon as he can. We know Sam is a dedicated guy with a lot on his plate.

Keep us posted.

As an aside I have a special eye lid order in with Abyss for my Tasha (P3 Sky) who has closing eyes.

It took a bit to get through but once Sam was able to get to me he has been very responsive & appreciative of my patience.
Thanks again for the assistance, Sam finally replied me yesterday but only admittedly after I sent an angry email. He told me he has been trying to reach me via phone to update since I created the order however he can't reach me. Not sure if it is an excuse but he could have just inform me via email and even if he called taking into account as an overseas customer the time zone difference is more than 12 hours here and I would have asleep by then.

I confimed with him my cellphone no. and convienent timing and currently waiting for his update.

Having past experience with my first doll order, I already expect my current order will be delayed as well and I won't mind about it but it would be great I received an update from their side of the delay instead of me as a customer actually chasing and seeking help via this forum as a last resort. After all,I was initially told that my order would have been shipped by July 23.

INFORMATIONS