Starpery.com

169 Sarah full silicone.

Reviews on Starpery Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
chevelle
Active Poster
Active Poster

169 Sarah full silicone.

Post by chevelle »

I made another post about this in the general forum but figured I'd leave a more comprehensive review in here for those who don't read the general forum or are looking at this doll and checking the reviews here. Not trying to be negative , these are just my straight forward thoughts and impressions.
To recap:
I ordered a weight redcuced full silicone in stock doll from one of the vendors on here and they changed the build (on what appears to just be the 169) and didn't seem to tell anyone or something, so expecting a 70lb(no head) doll and getting a almost 86lb(no head) doll was quit the shock. I messaged both their website and the account on here with no response about this change. Before ordering I had checked their website and the chart they have (from 2 months ago) says this doll should have weighed 70lbs. I don't see any new posts with new measurements on their site. The vendor I used was the one that told me they had changed the build as when I told them about the weight discrepancy they said they asked Starperry and got that response. They also sent a completely different weight chart than what's still on the Starpery site which does say a reduced version would weigh 81lbs. I'm not sure if i actually checked the doll page to see weight or if i just went by their chart but the doll page there now does say 80lbs. With the head on it's a tad over 90 lbs, trying to move this thing or even use it is quite difficult for me, I know some people are a lot stronger but I only weigh 140 so... If I'd have known it was not going to weigh 71 I'd have never ordered it as that was 6 lbs over my original max weight but well, it was in stock and at the time i didn't want to wait.
Very realistic, looks are good, it's a full size doll with realistic proportions but due to the thickness of the thighs trying to find some position that's usable other than just being able to get a couple inches inside seems impossible without just contorting it into weird unnatural positions. It's soft in some spots and very firm in others like the butt which did not have the gel implants. It's so firm that trying to use it in doggy you can only get a inch or two in because there's no give. The arms also don't have enough strength to hold the torso up due to the weight. The shoulders would just give and the torso would sag to the bed so several pillows were required to hold it up. The legs don't seem to be long enough so (for me) I also had to put a pillow under the knees to get it to a height I could try and use. Standing up, the hip area was a couple inches too low so unless I bought heels that wasn't a option either if you wanted to try that.
The joints while tight on arrival, within a week the right leg loosened up where if you have it laying down and raise it up (to put clothes on) it would just go right back down. The head won't stay up if you have it in doggy position, it just goes down until the top of the head is basically towards the bed. I don't think I ever strained a joint to make it loose for the legs, I'd raise it up to slide shorts or whatever on both legs, then push the leg back down, stand the doll and then bring the clothing up over the butt.
The hard hands and feet are nice, the feet are pretty hard and seem like they would take standing the doll up for a extended time viable but only time would tell. Hands with articulated fingers should be a must have for everyone really, while they won't hold a can of sprite (I tried lol) just not having them bend in really weird ways is worth it.
The implanted synthetic hair I cut off a couple days after i got it, it just shed like crazy and hair was constantly everywhere. Trying to pick strands of hair off the body was zero fun. I would even get it into position then put the head on. Just moving it once without taking the head off I ended up pulling a decent size bit out of the front somehow. I just used scissors and cut it down to a inch or so long and put a wig on it. I've read that after a couple weeks all the really lose hairs are gone but at the rate it was coming out I think it would have had bald spots. This was with the hard silicone head not a soft one.
After having it a couple weeks I've given up actually trying to use it for anything, it's just been in the closet for the past week. Trying to use it or just put clothes on it just to amuse myself is way to much of a struggle. I didn't buy it just to dress it up you know.
Overall, did I get what I paid for (Besides the weight difference), yes. But for me personally it's just not a viable doll. Others may find it very enjoyable , to each their own. Again, just my straight forward opinion.

INFORMATIONS