kimberdoll.com

How to tighten the head?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
MyDollIsHappy

How to tighten the head?

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

Hi all,
I have my kimber now for some time and I'm happy with her :) But lately the head started to loosen. If I try to tighten it more the head is backwards if I have it in the right position it is loose. Are there any tricks for that? I wonder how this happened at all. Is a washer the right solution? Or are there better ones?

Thanks in advance

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: How to tighten the head?

Post by RevJack »

Washers are your easiest solution. The ones made for garden hoses are the right size, and they come in cheap multi-packs.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

MyDollIsHappy

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

Thanks, I will buy and try some :)

Ant999

Post by Ant999 »

I had a similar problem when my doll arrived, my fix was a steel spring washer: it is compressible, so there is quite a lot of room for adjustment, and the two sharp points dig into the steel skeleton and base of the head, so discourages the head turning in the unscrew direction.
Springwasher.jpg
Springwasher.jpg (2.85 KiB) Viewed 728 times

MyDollIsHappy

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

This looks even better :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

FWIW if using a spring washer (see above) it is useful to use a flat washer on the neck.
image001-Small Parts 316 Stainless Steel Flat Washer_SL1200_.jpg
image001-Small Parts 316 Stainless Steel Flat Washer_SL1200_.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 706 times
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OK0976/
This not only protects the neck stump, but gives the washer something to bite (other than the TPE).
The spring bites the metal washer, which then grips the TPE and reduces rotation.

Another option is to use a spring. Insert it over the threaded connector to prevent turning.
image002-Spring Steel Coil Compressed Spring.jpg
image002-Spring Steel Coil Compressed Spring.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 706 times
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MB8TWDM/
When using a spring it will allow you to rotate the head to a desired position, then hold it in place.
The head will not be "crank down tight", rather more difficult to rotate. But not flopping.
Using a washer under the spring will also help protect the neck stump TPE.
The 1.2mmx20mmx25mm spring (20mm diameter, 25mm length) seems to work best.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS