www.wmdolls.com

When do you upgrade?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Chupacabras
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

When do you upgrade?

Post by Chupacabras »

Hi everyone, just curious to know when you guys consider upgrading your doll? I've had my current WM 140 for about 6 years and been thinking about upgrading her. She is in ok shape considering her age. I get the urge to upgrade when I browse online sites, but also remind myself that what's pictured is not always what you receive. Thoughts? Pictured below is my current and only doll

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: When do you upgrade?

Post by Mr Franz »

My WM 125cm is just shy of 6 with very minimal signs of wear. Lots of nice dolls out there, but I'm not attracted by the latest and greatest features. I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have. I do have other dolls. Different types, but none were purchased as an upgrade. I just like dolls.

KeeraMate
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KeeraMate »

Feels like a betrayal to upgrade when you develop a relationship. I think I will one day add a second doll, I might try silicone to balance the TPE I have now. In fact my wife asked me today if I would extend my ‘hobby’ with a second and I answered as above, great idea, but not now as Keera has only been with me for 2.5 months. We are still discovering so much together.

Doll Dreamer

Post by Doll Dreamer »

Really glad to read that others take care of their dolls so they last for years. My Alexis will turn 8 years old in December. And although there are some minor repairs I need to do, I want to try to do the repairs so I have the experience. Eventually I may get her another body, but I am very pleased how the TPE has held up all these years with periodic washing and light powdering. And I have never seen the need for applying oil on her, although I know some folks swear by that approach for doll upkeep.

If and when I do upgrade, I really would like to replicate the body she has now (156D) in TPE. Maybe a tad taller, up to a 166 or so. And I'm pretty sure I'll stay with the WM Dolls brand.
-- My Gal --
Alexis WM 156cm D / 20. Alexis' Thread || Alexis' Instagram

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

intend to upgrade when she has detail interior mouth, movable jaw, seamless neck, AI speaker inside, good internal temperature, good weight reduction and overall realism details
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

If you enjoy her and she is in good shape just keep saving until she isn't. 6 years is very good, a new doll might come flawed or break quickly anyway.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

It is almost 6 years since I got my first girl and there have been so many upgrades to WM dolls in that time that you could give your girl a fantastic new body even if you pick the same model. Just think of what she's missing out on: much-improved TPE (softer, stronger, less smell), evo skeleton, gel breasts, articulated fingers (don't tell me her old finger wires haven't snapped yet!), did I mention gel breasts (WM's are probably the best in the business).

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

To be honest, I'm not really sure. If you mean small upgrades I've already upgraded her eyes, eye lids, mouth, hair. I suspect I will be upgrading her hands next, Then maybe her head.
She's a bit like my pc with all the upgrades I didn't expect to do!

As for a whole replacement? Probably not till she falls apart.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Lots of things have been said about upgrades.
But there is one missing:

An upgrade in logistics and import taxes.

Like soccer (Football is the proper name) a sport only is really popular when it becomes worldwide. Americans have been surprised on how football draws interest while their beloved sports like baseball, American football or even basketball only draw large crowds inside USA.

Dolls will only get to be really popular when they are available anywhere in the world or orders come through straight forward like any other product.

Unfortunately the market for dolls outside USA and some European countries is restricted and carries heavy taxes.

How much does a doll costs me?
It costs more than double the price paid in US/Europe.

If a doll costs 2,000 means I will be paying above 3,500. Even if I get a doll sent free of charge as a prize contest I will have to pay 1,500

Why is this? Is this just tax? no, its warehousing and clearance costs that take half of that cost. Thing is doll drives curiosity from border authorities so they keep it there for days or two weeks. Bureaucracy is a chain of fees and extra costs.

I would like to upgrade when new features make the overall doll quality much better, but the cost of doing that is high.

And if the rest of the world don't get into dolls, price wont come down either nor China will increase sales like they do with their cars and electronics.

Mind you, its not China fault, its all the conservative minds in developing countries, religion, politics, feminism, laws and a rising power of the Judiciary system that entangles society with too many laws and regulations. And this is USA's fault cause they press and induce western countries to apply the same laws.

I have dreamed of 2 possibilities:

a) Chinese manufacturers should send to each potential market country their employees, molds, equipment, rent a place and manufacture in small scale for that country. Make a small stock, then go back and come back next year. Leave a retail store

They already do this with retail market. Immigrant families from China come to my country and dedicate to small grocery business or supermarket chains. Here they are nearly all Chinese.

2) Another nice strategy would be to sell molds and know-how to a local person so he can make the dolls locally. Import just the Heads separately. Like a franchise with a commission to the brand in China. Market would grow exponentially compared to today.

This for countries that have large population but restrictive import laws would be a major step in making dolls popular and enable people to buying multiple dolls, upgrading etc like in USA

Its a vision I would hope some China manufacturer would take. Shipping the dolls is not economically viable.

There is a another hidden reason. Comparative price. If a product is worth 3,500 dollars worldwide, I buy it. But when it costs rich people from US/Europe 1,000 while to the rest of the world nearly 3,500 people just don't buy cause they feel ripped-off

As the vision of Henry Ford making a car for the masses or Volkswagen (people's car) a doll that is ready available and have an accessible price and quality, like Kimberley doll in Canada.

Most entry levels of Chinese tpe dolls can go for US 600. At this price dolls would sell because people spend that money to just try them. Many people don't know they are doll fans until they buy one, then they talk about it and convince others. Its a chain

South America has a population of 450 million. With a chinese manufacturer based in one of the largest countries it could supply the whole region
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

INFORMATIONS