www.xtdoll.com

How much weight is appropriate to reduce?

XTDoll aims to provide as realistic experiences as possible. In order to achieve this, we have used real person as our model. Our goal is to gain popularity among the targeted group for companionship and better sexual experiences. Website: www.xtdoll.com

Moderator: jiayi

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: How much weight is appropriate to reduce?

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

While maintaining light weight, we also hope to maintain its softness.
Attachments
16085714.jpg
16085714.jpg (1022.93 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Email:lxh@xtdoll.com
sales@xtdoll.com

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

The difficulty of ultra-lightweight lies in the control of product quality.
It is necessary to control both weight and softness. What do you think?

sales@xtdoll.com

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

Lee_XTdoll wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:28 pm The difficulty of ultra-lightweight lies in the control of product quality.
It is necessary to control both weight and softness. What do you think?
I think low weight and at least "skin" level softness throughout the entire body is acheivable. Breasts should be easy to keep soft since there is more silicone material in that area.

That being said; the issues that many weight reduced dolls suffer from is not so much softness, but silicone delamination from the foam core in combination with thin (less silicone, more foam) "skin". When that happens the skin shifts, bunches, wrinkles, sags and creates void like pockets. Silicone delamination from foam core also likely occurs with non weight reduced dolls, but since there is more silicone material present the issues are not as pronounced in my opinion.

Pouring liquid silicone over the foam core and allowing to cure, won't likely achieve a strong bond. Bonding cured silicone to foam with an adhesive is likely the only way to achieve a strong and lasting bond consistently. Not a great solution for dolls unfortunately, because that would mean casting two silicone halves and then assembling those halves to the foam core/skeleton with adhesive.
DC's Suok Eye Candy Thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=149257

DC's Laila..Sex Crazed Goth Girl
viewtopic.php?t=160085

DC's Neve..Sweet And Sexy Secretary
viewtopic.php?t=163635

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

There are some members where weight is always the most important thing.
I understand that...

There is going to be a trade-off, if you are less focused on weight you can improve the softness, realism and strength of material toughness. Also, add better realism such as increase the under-chest size, more similar to western women, who might be a 36D so have an under-chest measurement between 75cm-85cm. The doll industry are still stuck with unrealistic chest measurements making clothing really difficult.

From experience, if you are fit and healthy and use a good lifting technique then up to 50kg is OK as a dead weight, but around 35Kg for me is ideal. Anything below 30Kg and I get suspicious about loss of material properties I consider more important than weight.

Now for people who buy a doll for photography and want a super model skinny doll and don't mind if it is delicate and value lightness above all else, I understand why they are coming up with figures like 15-20Kg. But to me this doll has a body shape designed for love and cuddling and needs to be realistic.

There are some who are not fit, or use poor lifting techniques where a heavy doll is impossible and I understand that too.

In summary, for your dolls where you target photographers - skinny super model style dolls, make them light.

For those dolls aimed as companions, perhaps the easiest way to go to market, is to offer two options, a superior fully featured doll at a realistic weight appropriate to the proportions and height and that could be up to 50Kg , optimally 30-40Kg with a weight reduction version not as default but as an option and explain the loss in performance. That might be 10Kg lighter, but harder, more foam and less features. People should still be able to add features that might make it heavier, such as gel butt.

Another marketing approach is to have an entry weight as a starter package, say 10Kg less than optimal which is hard, lacks features and had a lot of foam and give people the options to add features such as softness, realism, durability, gadgets use a calculator showing the increase in weight as a trade-off.

I love this doll and will seriously consider buying one, I have no issue with the weight at 37Kg or a bit higher if I choose gel butt etc.

Since I'm writing to you about this doll, she is superb and 95% there for me in body shape, although I am hoping you would bring out more western heads and actually my preference would be for broader shoulders and under-chest, not such a large cup size and slightly taller bigger butt so more of an hourglass. Thought I'd squeeze that in. Oh and a functional butt, that should be standard, baffling why you left that out.
-- Silikodoll 150 G , H1 J7 --

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

On weight reduction, the rib cage could be present and hard, with only a thin layer of silicone, creating a cavity that could be made lighter.
-- Silikodoll 150 G , H1 J7 --

XTDoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by XTDoll »

the xtdoll is lin , 150cm D-cup , Head + body, (all silicone) 30kg
www.xtdoll.com

E-mail:
sales@xtdoll.com
support@xtdoll.com
WhatsApp:+86 15158436063

XTDOLL is an innovative doll factory

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

skra-snarker wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:55 am There are some members where weight is always the most important thing.
I understand that...

...For those dolls aimed as companions, perhaps the easiest way to go to market, is to offer two options, a superior fully featured doll at a realistic weight appropriate to the proportions and height and that could be up to 50Kg , optimally 30-40Kg with a weight reduction version not as default but as an option and explain the loss in performance. That might be 10Kg lighter, but harder, more foam and less features. People should still be able to add features that might make it heavier, such as gel butt.
Yes, there are currently limitations in weight reduced doll tech. May XT be one of the companies that solves some of the issues.

There are hundreds of manufacturers offering great dolls up to 50kg. That market is saturated. And yet, I believe, the ability to be able to handle dolls that heavy is probably not as common in the general population as some enthusiasts on this forum think. Considering age, gender, fitness level, etc. it might be less than 20% of the total population. Maybe substantially less, but I'm just guessing.

Any company that wants to address the other 80% of the market (or whatever that percentage may be) with dolls that aren't outrageously heavy, that company stands to make this niche hobby go mainstream, for the rest of us non-beefy, non power-lifters.

The choices in light dolls are very limited right now. If XT wants to be one of the innovators who expand the market, I for one, wish them well!

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

What I want to achieve in the end is to reduce the weight while making sure the softness of the doll is softer and more comfortable, but the quality must be the first thing.

sales@xtdoll.com

XTDoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by XTDoll »

add Everleigh's body details, weight after reduction is 31,5kg
www.xtdoll.com

E-mail:
sales@xtdoll.com
support@xtdoll.com
WhatsApp:+86 15158436063

XTDOLL is an innovative doll factory

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

This 162 cm tall doll is really light if we consider her measurements. :thumbs_up:

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

4891d wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:42 pm
This 162 cm tall doll is really light if we consider her measurements. :thumbs_up:

162cm is not only light in weight (weight fluctuation is plus or minus 1.5kg), but the material is also very soft. This is a technical area that many factories cannot reach. :glou:

sales@xtdoll.com

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

The weight is stable at 31.5kg.

sales@xtdoll.com

Herodotus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Herodotus »

Max 25 kg with head is perfect.

Lee_XTdoll
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Lee_XTdoll »

Herodotus wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:13 am Max 25 kg with head is perfect.
25kg can certainly be achieved :) , but considering the body proportions of 162cm, being too light will affect the realism of her fleshy body.

sales@xtdoll.com

Herodotus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Herodotus »

I was thinking of dolls in general, sorry. A 160 D-cup 22 kg would be nice.

INFORMATIONS