www.wmdolls.com

Is it possible to retrofit standing bolts?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Swedish Meatball

Is it possible to retrofit standing bolts?

Post by Swedish Meatball »

I have an older WM140 which I got without the standing bolts. Is it possible to retrofit these? The doll is from around 2016 so I don't know if the holes may be there or you;d need to be tapped.
If this is a vendor question, who in the U.S. has a good reputation for Customer Service?

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Is it possible to retrofit standing bolts?

Post by toddjy »

There would be no place to insert the bolts for a doll that old.

I do wonder about newer dolls, in the past two years or so. I had to pay extra when I bought several dolls at the end of 2020. But by the end of 2021, feet bolts were free from many brands. So I would think that most feet would be pre-drilled around then. Depending on the size of the feet. My 100 that I just got, that was supposed to have feet bolts, her feet plates are too small.

RJ357
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by RJ357 »

I've done it with an irontech, holes were actually there but I tapped them to thread bolts in, I can't tell you about wm though. With the irontech I could feel around the foot plate until I felt something felt like a hole and went from there.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Depends what foot plate your particular doll has. Some WM's had welded nuts, some were tapped, others were just thin metal. You may also find the ankle and knee joint not adequate for support on non-standing WM's of that period. Squeeze the foot and see if you can detect what foot plate the doll has and if the ankle and knee joints are stiff enough. If the plate is thick enough, might be able to drill and tap it for bolts. Failing that, the 140 is not that heavy. Might be able to get away with ankle shoes and heavy socks for standing.

Swedish Meatball

Mr Franz wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:13 pm Depends what foot plate your particular doll has. Some WM's had welded nuts, some were tapped, others were just thin metal. You may also find the ankle and knee joint not adequate for support on non-standing WM's of that period. Squeeze the foot and see if you can detect what foot plate the doll has and if the ankle and knee joints are stiff enough. If the plate is thick enough, might be able to drill and tap it for bolts. Failing that, the 140 is not that heavy. Might be able to get away with ankle shoes and heavy socks for standing.
Thanks everyone! I was expecting to have to tap them but if she can maintain in flats, that'd be cool too. It's just that the TPE is reeeeeeally soft so I''m not sure what would happen to her feet.

She's an oldie but I just hate to part with her as she's still in decent shape.
It's odd how you can grow attached to these girls!

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

Just a word of caution most foot plates are made from stainless steel very hard to drill..

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Swedish Meatball wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 pm
Mr Franz wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:13 pm Depends what foot plate your particular doll has. Some WM's had welded nuts, some were tapped, others were just thin metal. You may also find the ankle and knee joint not adequate for support on non-standing WM's of that period. Squeeze the foot and see if you can detect what foot plate the doll has and if the ankle and knee joints are stiff enough. If the plate is thick enough, might be able to drill and tap it for bolts. Failing that, the 140 is not that heavy. Might be able to get away with ankle shoes and heavy socks for standing.
Thanks everyone! I was expecting to have to tap them but if she can maintain in flats, that'd be cool too. It's just that the TPE is reeeeeeally soft so I''m not sure what would happen to her feet.

I doubt if flats would do it. You need a shoe or boot high and tight enough to support the ankle, but yeah, even with that you run the risk of damaging the foot.

Swedish Meatball

Mr Franz wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:02 pm
Swedish Meatball wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 pm

I doubt if flats would do it. You need a shoe or boot high and tight enough to support the ankle, but yeah, even with that you run the risk of damaging the foot.
Understood. I'll have to see what I can do. I was hoping to stand her but it may not be possible.
I appreciate everyone's input!

INFORMATIONS