https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Maintaining Phicen Bodies with clothes

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Maintaining Phicen Bodies with clothes

Post by agent0013 »

In all the conversations I've had about dolls here I've wondered one thing constantly: How do people maintain the TPE of these dolls when they're wearing outfits that aren't meant to come off? Are there methods for oiling them under the clothing?

In my personal experience the first dolls I bought lived tough lives. I didn't know they required any care and after ~4 years they both had some damage under their arms, and one had a crack on her back. They've since been oiled and are doing better after joining this community, but I'd like to maintain my growing collection to prevent that damage happening to the others. So far I have one 1/6 with a top that I don't think will ever be able to come off without cutting, and a 1/12 with vinyl clothing.

Do you do anything to maintain your permanently clothed ladies, or leave them be thinking that any damage will remain hidden under the clothing? Perhaps a half and half, treating the exposed skin while avoiding getting oil on the clothing?

20230618_144742.jpg
20230618_144742.jpg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 385 times
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Lido

Re: Maintaining Phicen Bodies with clothes

Post by Lido »

Hello,

While oiling exposed skin can help keep it in good condition, it's essential to be careful not to get oil on clothes to avoid staining or damaging them.

SmoothPlastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SmoothPlastic »

I wash all the doll clothing using a dye fixative multiple times, I used personally Rit Color Stay Dye Fixative. I do this in a mini ultrasonic cleaner.
as an alternative, I would wrap the body with plastic wrap where the clothes comes in contract

I try not to do extreme poses, but some of the smaller thinner TBleague/Phicen bodies will still split if the limbs are kept at sharp angles for extended periods due to the limited TPE covering the limbs. I'm too lazy to oil them.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

That’s a tough call buddy. I’m not sure there is a great answer to this. In my own research, oiling Phicen bodies is not a specifically listed maintenance item.

All blends of TPE are pretty different, and Phicen’s blend is significantly firmer than your average love doll. In my experience, the softer TPE is, the more oiling is needed as a somewhat regular routine. It’s my belief that Phicen doesn’t think their bodies ever need to be oiled.

Of course, this is because they’d rather you kept their lovelies in a climate controlled display case instead of playing with them… 😜

In any case, leaving their bodies in extreme flexed positions… like arms overhead… is probably more tear inducing than them drying out. If you do decide to oil their bodies, I would definitely undress them. The oil will spread through their porous skin and almost certainly get onto their outfits.

The only thing I will say about oil replenishment, is that if you wash your Phicens, then it is likely necessary. Maybe not every time, but I would do it. Soap and water will definitely deplete the mineral oils in the TPE. I’m just not convinced a clean, fully-dressed and well played with mini needs it.

But if she gets mucky, she’s gonna need a strip down… :whistle:

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:21 am That’s a tough call buddy. I’m not sure there is a great answer to this. In my own research, oiling Phicen bodies is not a specifically listed maintenance item.

All blends of TPE are pretty different, and Phicen’s blend is significantly firmer than your average love doll. In my experience, the softer TPE is, the more oiling is needed as a somewhat regular routine. It’s my belief that Phicen doesn’t think their bodies ever need to be oiled.

Of course, this is because they’d rather you kept their lovelies in a climate controlled display case instead of playing with them… 😜

In any case, leaving their bodies in extreme flexed positions… like arms overhead… is probably more tear inducing than them drying out. If you do decide to oil their bodies, I would definitely undress them. The oil will spread through their porous skin and almost certainly get onto their outfits.

The only thing I will say about oil replenishment, is that if you wash your Phicens, then it is likely necessary. Maybe not every time, but I would do it. Soap and water will definitely deplete the mineral oils in the TPE. I’m just not convinced a clean, fully-dressed and well played with mini needs it.

But if she gets mucky, she’s gonna need a strip down… :whistle:
I've been meaning to post in this thread again! Thank you for bringing it back to my attention!

Based on the responses as well as the lack of response I assume that oiling TBLeague/Phicen is rare. If people who have been here longer than me aren't having issues then I shouldn't either!

ShadowFun is correct, I have washed the bodies that I had some issues with. They've been known to get a little dirty from time to time! The dolls with clothing that won't come off aren't going to get this treatment. I can say that oiling did improve the dolls and bring them back. The cut on the back is still there, but it is smaller and far less noticeable since oiling. The damage in the armpits (caused by the dolls sitting and the skin of their armpits sticking to itself and tearing when I didn't notice and moved them quickly, not arms over heads) is better as well, although not gone.

I guess in closing, oil your minis if you can because only good things can happen if you do it properly, but if you don't want to/can't, you'll probably be fine if you take care of them other ways.
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

INFORMATIONS