www.wmdolls.com

Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
sethjames

Re: Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Post by sethjames »

WOW. I actually didn’t know who Astarion was and had to Google him and now seeing him with the wig, eyes etc, he looks like the real thing! Amazinggg.
KANU
SpartanLover/Realing: Pheonix head, Arnold body

FOLLOW HIS JOURNEY HERE:
💙 http://instagram.com/kanuthedoll
💙 http://x.com/kanuthedoll (for nudes)
💙 viewtopic.php?t=168537

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

Has anyone checked in on Dreamy? Has she come up for air yet? We need to know if we should send the squad out to find out if she is okay...

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Well, sad to report, I’m not bonding with him. Even tho I have him pretty much all fixed up, except for styling his hair more…he just doesn’t look enough like Astarion for me. It has me all upset…like extremely upset. Idk what to do. His eyes just don’t match, like the eye sockets are too big, his eyes are supposed to be smaller…& his mouth, like the original 3d file the lips looked fine, but when they were adding details/finishing touches they altered the file & made his lips different & like he’s doing kissy lips. I thought he looked ok until he got here. I thought whatever little things that were off could easily be fixed when I got him, but they aren’t. I wish I could be a successful story of getting a custom head, but I’m not. Probably the best thing to do is find an immaculate artist & pay lots of money to get exactly what you want. I mean the 3d file looked just right, I spent night after night comparing pictures to it to make sure he was just right…so I’m dumbfounded of how he just turned out so wrong. Now I’m just sitting here distraught about it, thinking maybe I need to sell the head & get a new one. I hate that I’m not happy with it, I want to be, but I can’t help it. I love how everyone else is happy with their beautiful dolls, I want to be like that too.

Stocking_Hunter

If you aren't happy you aren't happy. :cry:

What about the rest of him? Anything else not quite right? Is it just the head?

Have you tried contacting the company and letting them know that you are not satisfied with the head and that what was represented is not what it actually turned out to be? You never know unless you try and hopefully the company will work with you to make him right...

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:59 pm If you aren't happy you aren't happy. :cry:

What about the rest of him? Anything else not quite right? Is it just the head?

Have you tried contacting the company and letting them know that you are not satisfied with the head and that what was represented is not what it actually turned out to be? You never know unless you try and hopefully the company will work with you to make him right...
His body is amazing, it’s just the head.

I haven’t reach out to the company because I feel like nothing can be done :( I don’t have enough money to have another head made, I’m hoping maybe I can sell this one to go toward another one…but even if I sell this one I wonder if anyone would pay for it, it’s a custom head so it would have to be at least a couple thousand…which doesn’t seem appealing :,( so idk, I feel like I’m probably stuck with a doll I don’t like.

Stocking_Hunter

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:14 pm
Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:59 pm
You never know unless you try and hopefully the company will work with you to make him right...
What have you go to lose? :whistle:

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

I'm sorry you're not bonding with him :( He just came home; maybe it will be an adjustment to get used to him?

He looked very Astarion from the few shots on this thread, but he might look different in person. Did the factory change anything on him between the factory photos you shared here with us? Maybe a different eye size might help him look more like you imagined him to?

Unless you are really disliking his whole face and have already decided you want to sell him... I think there might be a fantasy forum here with people who have interest in the Fantasy/Video game characters who might want to purchase him.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:31 pm
You never know unless you try and hopefully the company will work with you to make him right...
Very true, I will message them about it, maybe we can work something out. They have been wonderful the whole time, I just hate being a bother…I’m just so heartbroken over here.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:31 pm I'm sorry you're not bonding with him :( He just came home; maybe it will be an adjustment to get used to him?

He looked very Astarion from the few shots on this thread, but he might look different in person. Did the factory change anything on him between the factory photos you shared here with us? Maybe a different eye size might help him look more like you imagined him to?

Unless you are really disliking his whole face and have already decided you want to sell him... I think there might be a fantasy forum here with people who have interest in the Fantasy/Video game characters who might want to purchase him.
Idk, each time I look at him, & look at pics of Astarion it really bothers me :,( I’m trying to be ok with it, but I don’t think I can.

They didn’t, just in person it doesn’t look right. I thought if I made changes it would fix it, but it didn’t.

I hope I can sell him & try again.

peachplumpear

Post by peachplumpear »

I’m so sorry you’re unhappy. It’s devastating in such an expensive hobby! Perhaps you could post photos of him for us to see what you mean? The 3D file was immaculate so I’m wondering what isn’t clicking.

Stocking_Hunter

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:15 pm
Very true, I will message them about it, maybe we can work something out. They have been wonderful the whole time, I just hate being a bother…I’m just so heartbroken over here.
This is a custom item. You commissioned it but you were not the one who crafted the item. You deserve to be satisfied and happy with your purchase. If you are not somebody dropped the ball. I wouldn't call that a bother and neither should you. :oops:

Talk to them and be straightforward about your concerns. You already have a "No". What is the worse that can happen? That they say "Yes. We will work with you to make sure you are satisfied." :D

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:22 pm
MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:31 pm I'm sorry you're not bonding with him :( He just came home; maybe it will be an adjustment to get used to him?

Idk, each time I look at him, & look at pics of Astarion it really bothers me :,( I’m trying to be ok with it, but I don’t think I can.

They didn’t, just in person it doesn’t look right. I thought if I made changes it would fix it, but it didn’t.

I hope I can sell him & try again.
I know you were so excited for him; this is heartbreaking :cry: I second that; have you tried reaching out to Spartan Lover just to see what they say? I'm not sure if they would be able to do anything, but it is worth a shot. Maybe if we can see what you aren't liking with him, like peachplumpear said, possibly there is a solution to modify him to your liking? I know there are lot of experienced modders on the forums who might be able to offer advice. Though I am not sure if doing a modification would damage the head. :(

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

I contacted them, so we will see <3 I’m
giving it a shot :)

Ok, it may seem like a lot & I may seem like the nit pickiest person in the world, but I feel the slight changes that were made to the original model really threw the whole look off, & I didn’t even realize how much it was until he was here in my hands. His eyes & lips I feel are the biggest changes & really throwing me off. The eyes just seem too big, & no matter what eye I put in, even a more suitable eye with a smaller iris, the eye(eye socket) just isn’t right. Not shaped right. His lips, where they were originally more relaxed & slightly parted are closed & the top lip is puckered out, kinda like duck lips. He was supposed to have forehead wrinkles, a wrinkle between the eyes & crows feet, I loved those little details. I wish I could just mod & fix these issues myself but idk if modding hard silicone to the extent I would need to is even possible. Oh on top of everything, his head color doesn’t match his body :( I do love the body tho, it’s perfect.
In one of the pics you can see my head, I tried implanting eyebrows but idk how I feel about it, I should have let them keep him longer to fix it but then again, that’s on top of many things wrong :(
Attachments
IMG_4220.jpeg
IMG_4220.jpeg (203.79 KiB) Viewed 441 times
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4206.jpeg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 441 times
IMG_4202.jpeg
IMG_4202.jpeg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 441 times
IMG_4224.jpeg
IMG_4224.jpeg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 441 times

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

peachplumpear wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:35 pm I’m so sorry you’re unhappy. It’s devastating in such an expensive hobby! Perhaps you could post photos of him for us to see what you mean? The 3D file was immaculate so I’m wondering what isn’t clicking.
Yes, that’s what makes it more upsetting for me, I cried all day. Like, the fact that there may be no fixing it & I won’t get to have my Astarion :,( I wish I had thousands to just throw for another one. I wish it were cheaper to print a silicone head.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 pm
DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:15 pm
This is a custom item. You commissioned it but you were not the one who crafted the item. You deserve to be satisfied and happy with your purchase. If you are not somebody dropped the ball. I wouldn't call that a bother and neither should you. :oops:

Talk to them and be straightforward about your concerns. You already have a "No". What is the worse that can happen? That they say "Yes. We will work with you to make sure you are satisfied." :D

I did ^_^ thank you for the encouragement, it is better to try to message them than not at all.

INFORMATIONS