teddy-babes.com

Make Teddy Babes even Greater Again

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Make Teddy Babes even Greater Again

Post by DocMoriarty »

I thought a bit about current TBDs. The discs are IMO a big NO GO. Most reviews I read are negative about discs. I prefer my straight legged Anette for cuddling and sex. No bumping into and caressing of discs. So whats the solution? Very simple, why not give TBDs a real skeleton like Happy Dolls/Sakura Dolls? I don't think that is significantly more expensive than the TBDs are now. Happy Dolls and Sakura Dolls have roughly same prices as TBDs but WITH posable skeleton and NO DISCS.

They would be at least as cuddly as the old TBDs without hip discs and they would gain full posability! A huge plus, no comparison to what we have now! Could even add a M16 head connector when using a skeleton. Forget these ugly ultra babes.

Some other minor changes:
- height around 168cm, 5'6" or better. Don't let you talk into making lightweight fabric dolls a lot smaller than your avg customers! (Note US avg male size is 177cm/6')
- some thicker arms and fingers so that they can wear normal bracelets and rings (Roxi 5'9" babe was a bit better than Anette regarding this)
- hanging breasts like tierra doll, like https://hitogata.x.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=6 - certainly the most realistic breasts seen on fabric dolls, browsing thru gallery 8W could learn a lot about how to make a fabric doll even better.
- thicker waist, best would be proportions B-W-H like 92-68-98 with nice round bubble butt with nice deep butt crack!
- longer feet so that she can wear normal shoes of a small woman
- Vagina in the center between legs where it belongs, not somewhere in front of the doll so that you can take here missionary as well as doggy style.
- at least for me no anal needed, the anal in current TBDs is totally useless, too tight. Also there are nice masturbators that have vagina + butthole, so no butthole needed if vagina is big enough to hold one of those. (something like https://www.amazon.com/Masturbator-Life ... 180&sr=8-7)

The reason why i want better TBDs is also that I think they are a lot more sturdy and easier to handle/clean with their fur-skin than Happy Dolls or Sakura Dolls and longer lasting.

I think that would be awesome. Can probably use some standard available skeleton, maybe same as Happy Dolls. One thing is certain tho, as long as TBs have the discs i'm certainly not going to buy anymore. On the other hand with all the changes mentioned I'd be the first one to buy one.

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Make Teddy Babes even Greater Again

Post by Missionary »

We hear you Doc and most of your comments are appreciated and approved by me.
I bought my first Teddy Babe 10 years ago. Vicky is the mother hen of the family.
She had only one shortcoming: the location of the opening. It was anatomically correct but not functional.
Teddy Babes cannot rotate their hips. Teddy Babes cannot open their legs much either.
After some experimentation, I modified all my Babes by moving the opening 2" up, to simulate a rotated hip.
Works for me but cost me 4-6 hours to modify each Babe. I am happy with the results.
I know that lots of members decided to join the TPE crowd because of this major problem.
I am a lucky guy. I have 22 modified TBDs to last me from here to eternity.
They have the same body, but they are all different. Let me describe Tina.
Tina was number 4. Tina is beautiful. Tina is a big Babe. And Tina is an expert lover.
It is fun to embrace her solid butt and massage her large but very soft Boobs.
All that at 12 pounds.
With fine tuning the design as noted above Tina was a million-dollar Babe.
For now, Tina is a million-dollar Babe for me only.
You are very correct about the disks. My experiment with Alexis showed that they are nutcrackers. I do not need that.
It is very disheartening to see the missed opportunities. Teddy Babes are my favorite people.
My hope is that 8thW will recover and come out with an improved product as you suggested above.
Vicky and Tina.JPG
Vicky and Tina.JPG (132.04 KiB) Viewed 688 times

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Anymore, Eighth Wonder is something of an enigma.
There are so many worthwhile, freely offered suggestions to improve their core product, but they just don't seem to care much.

What's it gonna take, I wonder?

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Zang wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:02 am What's it gonna take, I wonder?
My guess is sinking profit due to suboptimal product is the best motivation to listen to the customers for a change.
Oh and by the way, I wrote an order for a new fabric doll today, not to 8W tho. I hope it's going to be accepted by the creator.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Zang wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:02 am Anymore, Eighth Wonder is something of an enigma.
There are so many worthwhile, freely offered suggestions to improve their core product, but they just don't seem to care much.

What's it gonna take, I wonder?
I also suspect that after nearly 20 years of this, the drive and motivation may not be there for them anymore. This is a MUCH more competitive market now than it was in 2005. When I first joined TDF, the vast majority of dolls here were RealDolls and Teddy Babes. Now they are novelty with a handful of fans. Keeping up with all the cheap, disposable dolls from China was probably a ton of work, and not easy to sustain after a while. Plus, there's now companies that specialize in custom plush dolls, so there's market pressure from that direction too. Back when they started, they were they ONLY option for a well made doll under $1k. Now, they've got tons of competition, even in the "Plush under $1500" part of the market.

I'm sure there's a bunch of behind the scenes stuff that tripped them up. It probably also didn't help that their last big release, the Ultra line of hybrid dolls, weren't a massive success. All things considered, I'm glad they are still around, but I'm surprised that they are.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I think 8W would do well to take a few steps backwards. Seems folks were much happier with the original teddies and their current lineup has lost a lot of that original charm. I just think rather than changing the design, it would have been better to just offer variations of the original doll. Not just eyes and lips, but different fabric colors and body types. That was my main hangup when I contemplated getting one. Just don't care for the only body type they offer.

Even so, when they brought back Diana, based on the promo pics on their site, I was ready to order. Then when I started seeing owner photos, I completely went off the idea. The doll is much darker then what they continue to show on their site. In fact, they're still advertising their current lineup with photos of the old deluxe body, before the change to rotating hips. Not a fan of the rotating hips, at least not the way they have them configured.

Doubtful 8W will go back to the original design, but I hope they will at least correct the inaccuracies on their site.

Slarpin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Slarpin »

Anyone know if they fixed the love hole placement yet?

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

They say they fixed it if you are doing doggie style. Not my thing.
For missionary, the disks got in the way.

INFORMATIONS