www.yourdoll.com

stockings with silicone bands

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
sturmmorser2000
Active Poster
Active Poster

stockings with silicone bands

Post by sturmmorser2000 »

Are they ok to use with TPE or platinum silicone dolls? Will the bands damage the skin?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: stockings with silicone bands

Post by Mr Franz »

I've had silicone bands stain a mannequin, so on my TPE gal I turn the stockings inside out so the bands are on the outside. I then fold the top down so the bands are on top of the stockings and not directly touching the doll. No issues so far, but my doll doesn't wear them for more than a day or two.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

My doll wears nylons 24/7, and with silicone top stockings, I have never had an issue..
But I don't leave her in black which can stain....suntan, nude, and beige have all been fine so far though. 😊

Simplisticviews1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Simplisticviews1 »

Black with the band stains

Andycrap
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Andycrap »

I’ve had my TPE doll wear stockings with silicone bands on top and if I left them on for a while they left marks on the thighs of the doll. TPE looked kind of shiny in those areas. I also had the doll wear a bikini top with small silicone bands on top and bottom and after perhaps an hour they left permanent depressions/damage in the TPE. So for TPEI wouldnot recommend this typw of clothing.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear of the marked damage to your doll!
Mine is of silicone and, as you might guess from my handle, is in hose and sometimes the silicone-topped stockings literally 24/7 from the time she arrived, and to this day has not a mark to show for it.
Have you tried contacting the store/manufacturer to ask how you might be able to remove the marks?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, personally I would recommend stockings like these:

Cindy 15 denier sheer stockings https://amzn.eu/d/0e9czbK

They are the traditional type usually worn with a suspender belt although will stay up without one. Most of my tpe gals wear these in black permanently without any issues whatsoever.

INFORMATIONS