www.yourdoll.com

stockings with silicone bands

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
sturmmorser2000
Active Poster
Active Poster

stockings with silicone bands

Post by sturmmorser2000 »

Are they ok to use with TPE or platinum silicone dolls? Will the bands damage the skin?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: stockings with silicone bands

Post by Mr Franz »

I've had silicone bands stain a mannequin, so on my TPE gal I turn the stockings inside out so the bands are on the outside. I then fold the top down so the bands are on top of the stockings and not directly touching the doll. No issues so far, but my doll doesn't wear them for more than a day or two.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

My doll wears nylons 24/7, and with silicone top stockings, I have never had an issue..
But I don't leave her in black which can stain....suntan, nude, and beige have all been fine so far though. 😊

Simplisticviews1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Simplisticviews1 »

Black with the band stains

Andycrap
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Andycrap »

I’ve had my TPE doll wear stockings with silicone bands on top and if I left them on for a while they left marks on the thighs of the doll. TPE looked kind of shiny in those areas. I also had the doll wear a bikini top with small silicone bands on top and bottom and after perhaps an hour they left permanent depressions/damage in the TPE. So for TPEI wouldnot recommend this typw of clothing.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear of the marked damage to your doll!
Mine is of silicone and, as you might guess from my handle, is in hose and sometimes the silicone-topped stockings literally 24/7 from the time she arrived, and to this day has not a mark to show for it.
Have you tried contacting the store/manufacturer to ask how you might be able to remove the marks?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, personally I would recommend stockings like these:

Cindy 15 denier sheer stockings https://amzn.eu/d/0e9czbK

They are the traditional type usually worn with a suspender belt although will stay up without one. Most of my tpe gals wear these in black permanently without any issues whatsoever.

Shadowplay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Shadowplay »

HoneyHose wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:58 am Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear of the marked damage to your doll!
Mine is of silicone and, as you might guess from my handle, is in hose and sometimes the silicone-topped stockings literally 24/7 from the time she arrived, and to this day has not a mark to show for it.
Have you tried contacting the store/manufacturer to ask how you might be able to remove the marks?
That's very good news! I'm also looking into stuff like these for my silicone lady.

You said you suffer no stains form silicone topped hold-up stockings, do you use white/skin/black stockings?
Also: as silicone is rather smooth, do they hold up easily?

Reading the above posts, it seems TPE → stains, Silicone → no stains.
Why the small feet on dolls? so you can't find decent shoes? :roll:
Please make them at least 23+ cm or size 6 (US)/size 36 (EU), that would be great!

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Shadowplay wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:09 am ...
Reading the above posts, it seems TPE → stains, Silicone → no stains.
I saw in a thread (with photos) stockings with a silicone band leaving indelible marks on a silicone doll (from memory, it was a Fanreal). It appears that the tape had chemically interacted with the silicone of the thighs.
So personally, I would play it safe and avoid direct contact of a silicone attachment strip with a doll's thigh, even if it is silicone.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Hi Shadowplay,
My choice of colours has always been skin tone/light beige which has shown no effects after almost 2 years, although I must say it is pantyhose she lives in while stockings are used every now and then.
I did get (and still have) black also, but those as well as some black lingerie, are rarely used again as I learned through reading on here actually, how those can stain!

As for the stockings staying up, the silicone to silicone is what holds the stockings very well...although if she was walking around, the stockings might have to be pulled up a bit every now and then!...which I'd be only too happy to do! 😉

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

I strong recommend a high degree of caution when using silicone banded thigh-high (stay up stockings) with BOTH silicone and TPE dolls.

TPE and silicone has a history of interacting poorly … some here have had success with no bad interaction but I have personally seen some severe interactions with cross contact (for periods greater than 24-48 hours) causing silicone or TPE to rip, harden/crumble, tear or generally loose structural stability. Generally it’s a chemical/molecular level incompatibility, it’s not an immediate reaction and sometimes other materials (linen, lotions, oils, paper, plastics etc) can act as buffer or neutralizer. However once damage has started it’s not easily repaired. Again it largely depends on your specific doll skin type blend, and your risk tolerance.

Overall I recommend just avoiding silicone in hosiery. There are plenty of other nylons options.

As for avoiding staining….ALWAYS wash clothing, hosiery, And yes even wigs …PRIOR to contact with your dolls. White or neutral (Nude, tan, buff) colors usually won’t stain, but any other color will run the risk of staining BOTH silicone or TPE.

Fun fact….white is the natural undyed color of any hosiery.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:33 am I strong recommend a high degree of caution when using silicone banded thigh-high (stay up stockings) with BOTH silicone and TPE dolls.

TPE and silicone has a history of interacting poorly … some here have had success with no bad interaction but I have personally seen some severe interactions with cross contact (for periods greater than 24-48 hours) causing silicone or TPE to rip, crumble, tear or generally loose structural stability. Again it largely depends on your specific doll skin type blend, and your risk tolerance.

Overall I recommend just avoiding silicone in hosiery. There are plenty of other nylons options.
Hi SinsuaLuvr,
Jeez! Thanks much for the warning as the few times I've had Desiree in silicone topped stockings, there has been no marks much less damage left behind like that!...better not press my luck and stick to the preferred all nylon hose!

Shadowplay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Shadowplay »

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:33 am I strong recommend a high degree of caution when using silicone banded thigh-high (stay up stockings) with BOTH silicone and TPE dolls.

TPE and silicone has a history of interacting poorly … some here have had success with no bad interaction but I have personally seen some severe interactions with cross contact (for periods greater than 24-48 hours) causing silicone or TPE to rip, harden/crumble, tear or generally loose structural stability.
That's .. really too bad. :| I guess it's getting jarretels, then.
Just curious .. does this happen with white/skin tone as well, or just black?
Why the small feet on dolls? so you can't find decent shoes? :roll:
Please make them at least 23+ cm or size 6 (US)/size 36 (EU), that would be great!

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Shadowplay wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm That's .. really too bad. :| I guess it's getting jarretels, then.
Just curious .. does this happen with white/skin tone as well, or just black?
This thread is covering two separate and distinct problems:

Color of nylons (or clothing) only can cause staining (dye transfer) to the doll skin, regardless of the doll base skin tone of the TPE or silicone. This is temporary and can be treated with various topical creams and fade with time. Staining can occur with any color (except white) but most commonly in black, blue, red colors of clothing/hosiery.

The silicone bands found in some stay up thigh-highs can cause the physical damage to your doll due to chemical incompatibility. There is no reliable test and repairs are difficult. Just best to avoid cross contact of silicones (ie. doll skins, lubes, and silicone used in fashion clothing) and TPE.
Attachments
Example of incompatible material damage on silicone doll
Example of incompatible material damage on silicone doll
IMG_1710.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 88 times
Color staining from clothing (silicone doll)
Color staining from clothing (silicone doll)
IMG_1686.jpeg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 94 times
Stockings with silicone stay up band
Stockings with silicone stay up band
IMG_1569.jpeg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

INFORMATIONS