kimberdoll.com

What to expect?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Thescribe
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

What to expect?

Post by Thescribe »

It's been a while since I've posted on this site, but in general, as a brand new doll owner, what should I expect?

Will I need any tools to unbox her?

How often should I wash her?

What kinds of oil should I use after washing her?

How careful is too careful? I know she needs socks, shoes and gloves, what else do I need?

Is any brand of baby powder good? Or do I need something specific?

How many times should I wash dark colored clothing before putting it on her?

Will a squirt bottle work for after sex? Should I use a sponge on a brush? How do I prevent mold?

If I take really good care of her, can I expect more than 2 years out of her? How long can I make her last?

What about wigs? Do I just shampoo and condition the wig? Does it require extra care? How often should I wash the wig? Where can I find good wigs?

What kind of lubricant should I be looking for?

How much lube is too much?

Where can I find new clothes and lingerie for her?

I'm going to get the new version so what do I need to know about articulated fingers? Do gel breasts require extra care? What exactly are "shrugging shoulders"? What do I need to know about them?

If the TPE tears, how can I fix it?

I may be a new doll owner but I've been wanting to get one for years and in that time, I've seen many people give their dolls personality. I'm not a very creative guy, so how do I go about creating my doll's persona? It seems like a fun notion and I'd be willing to try, but I have my doubts.

Broken1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: What to expect?

Post by Broken1 »

For any cleaning follow the manufacturers directions . There are many videos on wig care . Clothes are all different , some don't lose dye and some are terrible . Usually the cheaper clothes are the worst and may take multiple washes . I find clothes at thrift stores mostly . Women's clothes sizing is a mess . I take a tape measure with me and try to get close . For shoes when not standing I found that size 5 and 5 1/2 work fine . Use water based lube . I'm new to this but have done a bit of research . You can do a post search and learn almost everything you need to know . After a lot of research I got a Kimber doll . She's great . From research it look like she is lighter than a lot of full size dolls , but still it takes practice to learn how to move her around . Good luck !

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Go to BCD there is a link to care for dolls.. I’ll give you some advice on when the doll arrives look at the box usually the shipping label will be this side up. Use a pocket knife and open the taped edges and side. The other side is folded over don’t cut that side. Open up the box remove all loose items. Looking at the open box see which end has the head mark the outside of the box so you know which side is her head and feet. Close box move to your bedroom. Make sure you have plenty of room. Tilt the box against the wall with the head up. Open box up move her arms out and gently hug her using your legs set her on your bed. This is the easiest way to get her out of the box. Don’t try to remove a doll lying flat on the floor. Saving back 101....you can take a picture of her in the box so you know how she is packed. Save the box and all packing materials.. wash and enjoy. As far as dressing her stick to white it won’t stain. Get her a nice slip to cover her put socks on her feet. It take time to learn stuff so ask and read...

Raspberry1967
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Raspberry1967 »

Thescribe wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:50 pm Where can I find new clothes and lingerie for her?
Depends on what size doll you go for.

Generally speaking you can source clothing to fit most dolls.

Getting bras to fit dolls small frames tho, in particular small under-busts, can presents a bit of a problem when you go quite far up the tit cup alphabet.
Smaller boobs not so much.

The reason is small bandings (underbust) of bras are sometimes small enough to fit even common 22” doll underbusts and provide a close centre gore fit to what would be the dolls sternum.

However, as dolls tits size increases to large and on to ridiculously huge boobage, but still retains a small underbust, you will have to accept a little centre gore float as the small band (underbust) and massive cup bra is difficult and sometimes impossible to source.

Small underbust/small to medium tits = a very good fitting bra, well fitting band, nice snug bra cups around the tits.

Small underbust/large tits = more difficult to get well fitting band ‘and’ the snug cup fit.

Small underbust/huge to gargantuan tits = very difficult if not impossible to achieve both a tight band and snug cup. Invariably you’ll need to compromise and that means accepting a degree of centre gore float coupled with a snug fitting cup.
That’s just the way it is. In the real world bra manufacturers don’t make bras for massive boobed girls with 22” underbusts 🤷‍♂️

Hope this helps

R
Frances loves her massive boobs squeezed into huge bras..

Huge Boobs in Huge Bras
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159179

The Basque
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

Sheer - Lingerie and Clothes
viewtopic.php?t=175622

C’mon..pop out a boob/boobs
viewtopic.php?t=177525

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Honestly, as a new owner, you need to check her for any damage, abrasions, cuts, tears- the whole nine yards- anything that could have occurred during shipment.. whatever you’ve seen in factory photos need to be what arrives free of any damage.. check her joints, her hands, her feet, everything .. look for any discolorations and stains because anything could happen. If she isn’t looking as expected, take pictures and contact your vendor immediately.. just my 2 cents ..

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

To reinforce what Cameramike advises, wash thoroughly after the doll is unpacked and checked
Get yourself an inspection camera to check for any surprises at the top of the love tunnels
Avoid using anything but hand squeezed douche to flush out your leftovers if you choose to go bareback, takes a little longer but is worth it :)

Floop

Post by Floop »

Broken1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:33 pm Women's clothes sizing is a mess.
Vanity sizing?

Broken1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Broken1 »

Floop wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:39 am
Broken1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:33 pm Women's clothes sizing is a mess.
Vanity sizing?
I have found that you can get multiple pieces of clothing that all have the same size , and they are all different . I have found that for my Kimber doll some are women's xs , xxs and even some girls sizes fit . That's why I go to thrift stores . I look for items that look close and then measure waist size , shoulder size and so on . I'm new at this but it's getting easier with practice .

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Thrift stores are the best way to find doll outfits
In Miami area you can Find all sorts of stuff at 2.99
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

The biggest problem is not washing her, is drying her.
Some water and soap ( anti microbial soap) is fine. The problem will be drying her completely inside.
You can use tampons or a lb aquarium air pump. But you have to make sure that there's no water inside at all
Some people use hydrogen peroxide for the inside but if you don't wash it and dry it fully, it could burn your weenie.

Yes she will last longer than 2 years.
Don't stretch her legs too open. This will rip her butt. You can push her legs up. But don't over stretch it outward if that makes sense
To avoid tears don't stretch her legs too far apart.
Kimber is heavy. Be ok with lifting a 70 pound ( I think) item. Carry her like a bride.
The biggest thing is drying her. Nothing else matters much. Her hole is deep. You must dry her well. H

Her make up is fragile. Lipstick and eyebrows can erase. Be careful
The personality comes from her outfits and your own hobbies. I listen to nothing but metal music around her, so she's a metalhead. I watch horror movies,so she's a horror girl. I put headphones on her as a joke. Glasses. We are nerds. Comic geeks.
Your doll personality will grow according to her surrounding and clothes.

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

pokitom wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:02 am You can use tampons or a lb aquarium air pump. But you have to make sure that there's no water inside at all
I'm curious why no water at all? Bacteria growth? I hope that's not a stupid question.

For the aquarium air pump, any size? And I assume you use tubing? Basically air dry it, right?
Glasses. We are nerds.
YES! lol.
What size glasses?

Thanks for helping a n00b
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Mold grows quite successfully in the presence of moisture :whistle:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

It also seems to grow quite successfully in the presence of TPE.
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

BigJay039 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:12 am
pokitom wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:02 am You can use tampons or a lb aquarium air pump. But you have to make sure that there's no water inside at all
I'm curious why no water at all? Bacteria growth? I hope that's not a stupid question.

For the aquarium air pump, any size? And I assume you use tubing? Basically air dry it, right?
Glasses. We are nerds.
YES! lol.
What size glasses?

Thanks for helping a n00b
You could get an infection. Urinary . Very tricky. Needs antibiotics. Visit to doctor and everything lol.
If untreated it can mess up your kidneys. Go up to your heart I think. ( Not trying to scare you. People get UTI randomly, but it's a risk)
I'm not saying it happened but I saw a guy on reddit talk about it. He explained his situation.

The reason it's important with TPE is that tpe material is like a microscopic sponge so moisture can go inside the tiny pores. That's what I've heard.

About the air pump. Had to be strong enough. But other people know more about it. ( Someone was using a manual bike pump on reddit lol)

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

pokitom wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:02 am You could get an infection. Urinary . Very tricky. Needs antibiotics. Visit to doctor and everything lol.
Yikes. I've had enough infections (and severe ones) to last me the rest of my life (I have profound hearing loss in my ear from one and MRSA in my leg). I definitely thank you for that info and that TPE is like a sponge.
About the air pump. Had to be strong enough. But other people know more about it. ( Someone was using a manual bike pump on reddit lol)
Thanks. I'll poke around and get more info on that. I want to be ready before she gets here...but I have tome to look for sales. :lol:
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

INFORMATIONS