Starpery.com

EVO Skeleton - Is my doll's hand broken?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: EVO Skeleton - Is my doll's hand broken?

Post by seagull »

https://www.dollpark.com/mediathek/tipp ... enden.html

TPE Kleber verwenden

In den ersten 20 Sekunden ist das video etwas unscharf. Sorry dafür! Ab Sekunde 21 ist aber alles wieder in gewohnter Qualität zu sehen .... ;-)
[dollpark]
Kommentare (0)
Eintrag kommentieren
[dollpark]
Weiteres interessantes aus der Mediathek

Video: TPE Puppen für Einsteiger Folge 8 - Reparaturen

Video: TPE Puppen für Einsteiger Folge 4

Video: Welche Augen passen in welche Doll?

Video: Sexdoll aus TPE - Reinigung, Pudern und Verkauf

Video: TPE Puppe richtig hinlegen & lagern

Video: Nägel von TPE Sexpuppen entfernen

Video: Die verschiedenen Busen der TPE Puppen

Video: Wimpern ankleben

Mehr aus der Mediathek laden

Google translate gives:

Use TPE glue
In the first 20 seconds, the video is a bit blurry. Sorry for that! From second 21, however, everything can be seen again in the usual quality.... ;-)

[dollpark] Comments (0) Comment on this entry [dollpark]

Other interesting things from the media library Video: TPE dolls for beginners Episode 8 - Repairs Video: TPE dolls for beginners Episode 4 Video: Which eyes fit in which doll? Video: Sexdoll made of TPE - cleaning, powdering and sale Video: Lay down and store the TPE doll correctly Video: How to remove nails from TPE sex dolls Video: The different breasts of the TPE dolls Video: how to glue eyelashes Download more from the media library

Shiranui Gen-An

Post by Shiranui Gen-An »

That's right, they have several useful videos there, all of them are in German, but you can also find some of them on youtube where you might be able to toggle translated subtitles.

I had watched many of them while waiting for my doll to arrive, and I also watched the linked one, but unfortunately, I got the wrong glue that doesn't work the way it's shown at all. He's using the one that costs 30 bucks for 10 ml, which I wasn't willing to pay. And the vendor (the only one in Germany that's selling this glue, and the one who's manufacturing it) wasn't willing to haggle, said it was a "gift" that people like me that didn't buy their doll from him would even be allowed to buy it (he's selling it for not even half the price to his customers). So no deal, and like Lenina Huxley would say: He can take this glue, and he can stick it! :razz:

But that's another story, and if you have the right glue, then this video is also very helpful. :thumbs_up:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

3M 94 Primer
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_LB/p/d/b40065491/
Bottom of page: Connect with us. We’re here to help.

There's a multi-language pdf
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/826 ... er-vhb.pdf

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Yep, what Seagull said. 3M 94 Primer.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Shiranui Gen-An

Thank you, I know the right product now. But it comes in cans of around 240 ml at least and is not for sale to private persons in Germany, so it will be hard for me to get it. I would have to ask my boss at work if he would order one for me and undersign some sheet about chemical regulations. Germany is absolutely horrible when it comes to regulations.
On the other hand, it would cost me less than the 10 ml bottle of that "gift to humanity", but what will I do with 240 ml? I will keep that in mind, though. Cannot afford it this month anyway, since I already bought the rework station and the soldering pen, and five pairs of shoes for my lady (she's very demanding). ;)

Shiranui Gen-An

Today, I could finally run my new soldering pen. It actually arrived one week ago, but it needs a USB-C power supply capable of 20 V, and after a lot of trouble with amazon and a hacker, I finally received this last missing item. I also ordered a 4 meter USB cable, so now I have a soldering pen I can use all over my apartment from the same socket. :D

Here it is:
soldering pen
soldering pen
P8190503.jpg (942.93 KiB) Viewed 488 times
I found this on amazon, it's made in China and I can't really tell the manufacturer, but it's called PTS200 and can be used with T12 or T100 and T101 (Pine64) soldering tips. I also have this set of 10 different tips that were postet before, there are some really useful tips with it. Starting with 140°C, I noticed that the TPE would become lumpy, so I ended up with 160°C which was a good temperature to work with, if you oil the surface well. I think, 150°C would also be fine if you want to go slowly and more carefully. I followed the advice to use the side of the soldering tip, which worked pretty well. Then I used a spoon and oiled it too and tried to heaten it up with the soldering pen on the inside while pushing the outside of the spoon against the wound. It was kind of an exercise in patience, because sometimes, I would tear off pieces of TPE and had to start over. It should be oiled well all the time, not only the TPE but also the soldering tip and the spoon. And it's gotta be heated up just right all the time.

[edit] Well, I guess it won't get much better than this...
P8190506.jpg
P8190506.jpg (872.13 KiB) Viewed 478 times
P8190507.jpg
P8190507.jpg (793.95 KiB) Viewed 478 times
One thing that I couldn't avoid is the dark stain. It hails from the broken threaded rod inside, there were tiny pieces of metal inside, partly like dust, and I couldn't wipe it all off, so it mixed with the TPE when I tried to glue it. But apart from that I think I can be satisfied! Mission accomplished! Image

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Wow, you are making some good progress.

You were smart not to get the "special gift glue" and try to figure out how to get legitimate 3M 94 primer. Although 240ml may seem like a lot, it does come in a well sealed can and will NOT evaporate over time.
For small nicks and general repairs it works well.

The soldering iron you got will make it easier to work with TPE repairs. The PTS200 is a programmable, temperature controlled ultra slim high power iron that takes several types of tips. A very nice soldering iron that will serve you well. Those units have a good feedback system for accurate control. Thus the set temperature should be very close to the actual tip temperature. Most other units tend to be a bit off and need compensation.

Using the side of the iron tip works well for smaller items as you found. For the spoon stuff you found that heaving something to assist in heat transfer to the spoon is important. As is keeping it oiled. Practice will make it easier to do. Also since your gun is heating the spoon mass and everything else, you might want to up the temperature a bit to make up for the loss.

As an alternative to the spoon you can use a custom soldering tip known as a spade, shovel or scraper. These wide and flat tips are great for area smoothing. When using always glide backwards(do not dig in) and be aware of the edges, for then can sometimes dig in if not careful. If that happens a quick wipe of the iron tube edge should fix it. Plus make sure the are areas are oiled. :)

T12 Spade Tip Samples
T12 Spade Tips.jpg
T12 Spade Tips.jpg (184.76 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Good luck, you have gotten some good tools and are doing the right things.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Shiranui Gen-An

Thanks Wheezer, you helped me a lot during this whole procedure! You're right, the temperature of the soldering pen is quite accurate, probably much more than that of the rework station, although I'm very satisfied with that purchase, too. I was searching for something good and found this. But I haven't seen those spade tips before, and to be honest, they scare me a little. Might destroy more than they can heal, if you're not very, very careful...

Anyway, I think for now this will be it. I hope I won't have to do something like this again, but the skin already has suffered in various other spots, and now I can consider repairing them too. Thanks again, also to all of the other contributors to this thread! Image

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Glad to have helped. :)

You are right to be scared of the spade tips. They can be used for some interesting fixes, but can make a mess quickly if you screw up.
At this point it seems you are cautious enough and experimenting a bit with the current tips.
Probably best to get used to the ones you to do good things.

The hot air temps should generally be set a bit more than your planned melt point.
The air cools as it flows out of the gun and flows to the doll.
Plus it also has to heat up the mass of TPE.
Just not TOO high so you are blowing chunks out of your doll (see that actually happen).

ALSO - For the hot spoon technique you can use your air gun.
Fill a small container with baby oil. Apply some to doll, dip spoon in baby oil.
Blow hot air into the bowl side of the spoon, heating it up.
Apply to TPE. Smooth as required and repeat as needed.

By using hot air on the spoon back you are keeping it hot enough to do continuous smoothing, :)
Just remember the hot air is also blowing off the spoon and onto the adjacent TPE.
So make sure to watch for that.

Here's to good progress.
:glou:
Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Shiranui Gen-An

You posted a thread where someone obviously used a real mean heat gun on his doll and blew out her shoulder.... my rework station has controlled air flow, and I keep it at a very low level, so there will be no blowing out any chunks, the air flow is way too weak for that, even at higher levels. Thanks again, I used the rework station today as well, and with your hints, I will be able to use it more effectively in the future. :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Glad its starting to get easier.

SIGH .. I remember the post with that sad doll. It seemed he did not listen to any advice and things got worse and worse.
It took many pints of Guinness to get that final image of the blown out doll out of my head.

... W ...

Shiranui Gen-An

Alright, I got my hands on a can of that 3M Primer 94, thanks to my boss who would let me order it under his company... otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get it.
And that's for a reason... I wasn't aware of how toxic this stuff actually is. I opened the (well sealed) lid for only a couple of seconds, just to take a look inside.... and the vapor immediately filled the whole office, and I had to open the windows for at least 20 minutes in order to make the air breathable again... what the hell?!
The label reads that it's highly flammable, even the vapor is flammable, so if I try and repair my doll with this stuff and then maybe apply some heat as well, it may well be that I ignite my doll? And the whole apartment, because of the flammable vapor? Are you serious to recommend such a dangerous, toxic, highly flammable substance? I must say I'm shocked!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Safety precautions: Decant in a well ventilated area, with a chemical mask, nitrile gloves, plastic apron, safety shoes, etc. into a much smaller bottle :)

A one end of the repair scale:
For small cuts, repairs, just dipping the end of a toothpick into the bottle will be enough to effect a repair

Doing what Wheezer and a few others are doing with making a paste or molding is a whole different ball game :whistle:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Once you get it into a small bottle, use can use 3M 94 like any other similar chemical.
Other items such as nail polish remover and the like are also flammable and toxic in high concentrations, but fine if used with reasonable care.
Plus .. no .. your doll won't catch fire and become Satan's Sex Toy if you use 3M 94 and then later some heat. :)

One thing to remember is that the 3M product supplies a full safety sheet and lists any and all possible problems, no matter how slight.
Consider that other items called "TPE Glue" don't give you ANY idea what is in them, let alone potential risks.
Finally, look at your doll itself. You were not supplied a sheet listing the specific chemicals in that and their potential risks.
And you put your wiener in it !!!!

For general repairs you only need a small amount, so any odd smells are minimal.
Once cured, it is not flammable. Many folks are using it for repairs with good results and no side effects.
Arthur1960 just did nice finger repair with 3M 94 primer HERE (viewtopic.php?p=2421127#p2421127)

Cheers!
... W ...

Heat and 3M 94 primer WILL NOT CAUSE THIS !!!
th-686113348.jpg
th-686113348.jpg (47.47 KiB) Viewed 332 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Oh Lord, that is just awesomely HOT! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS