Starpery.com

EVO Skeleton - Is my doll's hand broken?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Einsterman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

EVO Skeleton - Is my doll's hand broken?

Post by Einsterman »

Hello,
I just received my very first doll for around a week. I tried a couple new poses with her and suddenly, she slipped. After that, I heard a sound like when you twist the spring so hard that it broke and my doll's right wrist became loose.
The image below is my suspect of the part that got broken.

When I turn her hand follow the red arrow direction, I can feel it tightens back up, but ends up in a weird position.
When I turn her hand follow the green arrow direction, I feel it really loose. If I don't hold, it will be pulled back up by the stretch of TPE.
Can I simply turn it back to normal or I need some deeper repair and inspection?

Thank you!

skinnygamer

Re: EVO Skeleton - Is my doll's hand broken?

Post by skinnygamer »

You need 5 posts before you can post a picture so going by what you've said it does sound like the wrist is broken.

What doll?

Almost sounds like the wrist is binding on itself/broken mateial if you can turn it to tighten it.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Sounds like a wire wrist. Does your doll have wire or articulated fingers?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

It's not an EVO skeleton but there is a lock nut on this arm that provides tension to the wrist, turning one way loosens, turning the other it locks up
If the nut rotates then it locks up at a weird angle
Wrist_assembly.jpg
Wrist_assembly.jpg (60 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I think Seagull nailed it again.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Experience can be soooo harsh sometimes Rev
But the Ohhh, I'm such a dick! moments are priceless :)

Einsterman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Einsterman »

skinnygamer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:40 pm You need 5 posts before you can post a picture so going by what you've said it does sound like the wrist is broken.

What doll?

Almost sounds like the wrist is binding on itself/broken mateial if you can turn it to tighten it.
My doll is WM Jasmine - 163 H cup
I didn't know about the 5 posts rule.
I'm still trying to turn it back to normal position, but no hope

Einsterman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Einsterman »

seagull wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm It's not an EVO skeleton but there is a lock nut on this arm that provides tension to the wrist, turning one way loosens, turning the other it locks up
If the nut rotates then it locks up at a weird angle
Wrist_assembly.jpg
Is there a way to fix it myself?

Einsterman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Einsterman »

RevJack wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:56 pm Sounds like a wire wrist. Does your doll have wire or articulated fingers?
Yes, she does. From the feeling when holding hands, I can feel metal cord in each finger.
I looked up her EVO skeleton and located the loose part which is the wrist, but still have no idea if it's broken or how to fix.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

If it's a nut problem as per the image, then a small slice to get a spanner inside to nip the nut to the hand piece
This is not a permanent fix as repeated movement eventually causes the nut to come loose again :thumbs_down:
A permanent fix requires a major redesign of this type of joint :(

Einsterman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Einsterman »

seagull wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:15 pm If it's a nut problem as per the image, then a small slice to get a spanner inside to nip the nut to the hand piece
This is not a permanent fix as repeated movement eventually causes the nut to come loose again :thumbs_down:
A permanent fix requires a major redesign of this type of joint :(
Thank you, let me try

Shiranui Gen-An

Post by Shiranui Gen-An »

Any success on this issue? I'm having the same problem with my brand new WM doll with EVO skeleton and Hand Skeleton 3.0... the wrist is loose. When you flip the hand up or down, you can intentionally twist the forearm, but on the right wrist, I can only turn it in one direction. When I try to twist the forearm back, the wrist gets loose. I can't tighten the wrist in a way that it would turn back the forearm when twisting it in the other direction. Is there any way I can fix this without cutting into the TPE? :)
It's such a shame, this is my first doll, and it took more than 11 weeks to get it, so I don't want to return it right away and wait for winter to get a replacement. :puppydogeyes:
Any help? Maybe with pictures, in case there is no way around cutting it open? Much appreciated! :D

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The first doll has an awesomely steep learning curve, but very instructive :thumbs_up:

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

seagull wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:20 pm The first doll has an awesomely steep learning curve, but very instructive :thumbs_up:
yeah, basically you are going to make a bunch of mistakes with a first doll and she's probably going to get damaged in various ways. It's all part of the learning process.
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Shiranui Gen-An

Post by Shiranui Gen-An »

That's not a solution... any help maybe?

INFORMATIONS