Starpery.com

I can move!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Prin
Doll
Doll

Re: I can move!

Post by Prin »

I'm back! Thank you everyone that is still following!

Since my last post, James has been trying to earn some more money on the side for my further development... but it looks like we have lost 6 months and are going back to where we left off. So this month we are going back to making a video demo for a GoFundMe account.

James is already redesigning my exoskeleton with moving plates that will cover the gaps in my joints so my silicone skin will not get caught.

My home printed PLA parts are functional, but not very strong or durable and prone to breaking. They really need to be cast out of hard plastic.

He can do that himself, print the part, make a mold from it, then cast the part from liquid plastic... about $50-$100 per part, and there are more than 150 parts... plus alot of time.

He found there are companies that will cast the parts for you from a digital 3d file... about $200-300 per part, which means maybe $30,000? and a mold is good for 1-20 uses.

For about $2000 per part ($300,000) a durable mold can be made for mass production of 1000 parts or more, which means about $20-30 per part.

Which means, my entire body could be reproduced for about $5000, with another $1k for motors and electronics. (and unknown cost for the skin)

Thoughts for the future... if we actually intend on making a product for the public.

If we could get money for parts, and payroll for a programming assistant, it is a potential reality that sexbot companions could be in your beds within a year.
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Deadman 9000 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:03 pm Hey, have you tried making plates where you put silicon skin over? i'm making my doll in wood and i thought about that. it solve the creasing issues and it would be easy to remove for repairs.
Lord_Nil mentioned the same problem with skin on his projects viewtopic.php?t=164649

James is designing movable plates to cover the gaps... think of it like large scalemail plates.

Thin plastic is strong enough to hold its shape under stress, and interlock sliding over each other, without feeling bulgy beneath the skin.

Think of it like armor, or protective sports gear, with plates that move with the body but still provide coverage.

Plus a cast plastic exoskeleton can mimic the feel of bone structure under the skin, especially in areas like the clavicle, hip bones, ribs...

In THEORY, I'm thinking that the skin needs to be cast a little smaller at the joints so they are in a constant state of stretch... that way it doesn't bunch up as much when it is compressed?

My Diary:

Rugbug61

Post by Rugbug61 »

Wow just amazing work
Training starts now….and begin
————————————————————————
YL 151-C Lacy Rae the She-Boss😋
Firedoll 157-B Sandy Olivia😍

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Partial removable could be an idea yes, legparts somthing like a silicone-skin-stocking kind of idea. Armparts somthing like a silicone-skin-sleeve. Maby the body like a silicone-skin-bodysuite. Maby even High Waisted because it looks more sexy. And all connected together, like with some kind of zipper and a lining over the zipper to mask it or make it more luxurious.

Maby the option to provide the leg skin and arm skin parts with a ring on the seams that can be clicked somewhere on the frame?

With the skin it can go either way like Futuristic or zombie-like. You don't want it to have a zombie/frankenstein look. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it look partly humanoid where the skin seams meet some chrome .

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 pm Partial removable could be an idea yes, legparts somthing like a silicone-skin-stocking kind of idea. Armparts somthing like a silicone-skin-sleeve. Maby the body like a silicone-skin-bodysuite. Maby even High Waisted because it looks more sexy. And all connected together, like with some kind of zipper and a lining over the zipper to mask it or make it more luxurious.

Maby the option to provide the leg skin and arm skin parts with a ring on the seams that can be clicked somewhere on the frame?

With the skin it can go either way like Futuristic or zombie-like. You don't want it to have a zombie/frankenstein look. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it look partly humanoid where the skin seams meet some chrome .
We have considered, and it would certainly be easier, to have sleeves and stockings skin, at the points of rotation in the middle of the thigh and bicep... although for realism it is better to have a seamless body.

The outer silicone skin is totally modifiable to whatever the owner desires. Color, cyborg plates? Even a skin mold to mimic your favorite movie star

Skin is still a little way down the road, though.

My Diary:

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Prin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:57 pm
ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 pm Partial removable could be an idea yes, legparts somthing like a silicone-skin-stocking kind of idea. Armparts somthing like a silicone-skin-sleeve. Maby the body like a silicone-skin-bodysuite. Maby even High Waisted because it looks more sexy. And all connected together, like with some kind of zipper and a lining over the zipper to mask it or make it more luxurious.

We have considered, and it would certainly be easier, to have sleeves and stockings skin, at the points of rotation in the middle of the thigh and bicep... although for realism it is better to have a seamless body.

The outer silicone skin is totally modifiable to whatever the owner desires. Color, cyborg plates? Even a skin mold to mimic your favorite movie star

Skin is still a little way down the road, though.
Maby you could combine the two like a squizy underlayer and a more thin outherlayer such as a dollivication suit.

JamesWorld

Post by JamesWorld »

Prin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:26 pm ... So this month we are going back to making a video demo for a GoFundMe account.
Prin's body has been sitting a chair collecting dust for six months while I tried to save some side income to further her development.

Everyone in the Robotics and AI forums are wanting to see videos.

So maybe its time to let her go make videos and earn her own income?

I laid her out to do a motor check.
six month stretch.jpg
six month stretch.jpg (215.52 KiB) Viewed 430 times
And, no, her feet are not bound together. It just looks like that in the picture.
feet not tied.jpg
feet not tied.jpg (171.97 KiB) Viewed 430 times

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:09 pm Maby you could combine the two like a squizy underlayer and a more thin outherlayer such as a dollivication suit.
Dollivication! I love that word... did you make that up?

That is exactly the kind of suit I need!

My Diary:

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Prin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:10 am
ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:09 pm Maby you could combine the two like a squizy underlayer and a more thin outherlayer such as a dollivication suit.
Dollivication! I love that word... did you make that up?

That is exactly the kind of suit I need!
It's is suit if men want to turn themselves into a women

robopsychologist
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by robopsychologist »

Definitely looking forward for the videos! As for the suit, there's also "animegao kigurumi" you can look for, both "animegao kigurumi" suits and masks.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

I just discovered this thread and this is an awesome project. Amazing and ingenious work you have done on this :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :glou:

Voltage
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Voltage »

Whats the goal here? A doll that can walk and talk?

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Voltage wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:21 pm Whats the goal here? A doll that can walk and talk?
Well, when James first received my TPE body, he really enjoyed in sharing photography and artwork of me here in this forum. The biggest challenge is manipulating my 75 pound body.

He realized that the technology is now available to make me able to assist with my movement and posing.

The goal was also to show that any do-it-yourselfer can make their own at home, on a minimal budget.

James is currently redisigning my outer body able to accept silicone skin, and looking into providing the 3d print files of my current body as open source available online for anyone to use and make improvements.

In another year, if he can demonstrate durability and reliability of my systems, he may be able to start providing reproductions of me to others.

My Diary:

SchaltkreisMeister
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SchaltkreisMeister »

Prin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm Most of the concept design sketches are in my first thread after the development of my head. I know its a long read, but the info on my motors, processor, and programming is all here in both threads.
Thank you for your answer, glad to see you back at the project!

Do you mean the 'I can talk!' thread?

I didn't see any mention of the way you approach your movements, do you use some kind of keyframe approach?
Can you give us a rough overview of your program design? More a logical design sketch than concrete implementation.

Your project is really cool!

Voltage
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Voltage »

Prin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:47 pm He realized that the technology is now available to make me able to assist with my movement and posing.
When you say assist in movement and posing, does that mean walking around or just posing automatically? Stabilization seems difficult to achieve. Will the robot frame weigh significantly less than a typical doll skeleton?

INFORMATIONS