DIY doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Sir Olius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: DIY doll

Post by Sir Olius »

Last part: Assembly.

So i had the skin, skelly, and some 2 part foam.

Most of it was straight forward, i just glued her face/chest/hip on the skeleton. O i think i missed that part, the skeleton was held together initially with pins, they held it for a while, but broke, so now it's mostly screws, holding it together, but you can take the skeleton apart too along the skin parts, this makes repairs a lot easyer, or just unscrew her legs for transportation.

On her stomach, she has 2 rings on top/bottom of the spine, those rings fit into her hip/ribs, so basically it's like a pipe with 2 ring on top bottom, and i just laid it on her back, and poured a bit of foam on the side of the spine, the fome i'm using is realyl grabby, so it sticks to almost anything except silicone, this gave some strength to her back, held the two rings together, and give her some human like back, eg you can't push in your back next to your spine, because your muscles won't let you. But since in my infinite wisdom I've removed the foam near her spines, now only the silicone waas attached to the rings, thus sadly it tore off, and look like a half zombie now :D

The trickyest was her legs, i had 3 3d printed rings with and x shape, put them on the tibia and femur, ( the ankle did not needed a holder, so 1 under the knee, 1 over the knee, and 1 near her hips. This held her skin in position on her bones, then poured a calculated amount of foam in.

This is how her knees looks like now, they are pretty sturdy, her tibia did break once because she has those long ass anime legs, and it always get stuck into something.... but i've replaced a part of that with tpu, so it is bendy now

I'ts her knee with the foam holding her skin.
20221122_191009.jpg
20221122_191009.jpg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 1029 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Again, M.F. Wow!
Excellent quality work, just beautiful.
The entire world will want to know what 3d printer you have, so you might as well tell them. :evidence:
I'm an old-school fella, no 3d printer here, I work in clay sculpts and plaster and silicone and TPE.

That said.. I assume that you took the pink printed midsection and then cast it in dragonskin? Ditto with the pink breast sections and grey throat section.
Then (making a big assumption here) you molded the outer hip and cast the silicone hip section directly onto the skeleton. That's what I would do at that point, it allows for the introduction of a vaginal sleeve (for a fixed vagina) or a hollow vaginal cavity for an insert.
Did you then place the dragonskin thorax in place on top of the hip/skeleton section and secure it with expanding foam? (I'm guessing here so as to to keep you explaining what you did :D I am shameless in my thirst for knowledge.)

Your skill set is very different from mine, so I suspect your approach may differ as well, but you definately have mad, mad skills.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Sir Olius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sir Olius »

RevJack wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:35 am Again, M.F. Wow!
Excellent quality work, just beautiful.
The entire world will want to know what 3d printer you have, so you might as well tell them. :evidence:
I'm an old-school fella, no 3d printer here, I work in clay sculpts and plaster and silicone and TPE.

That said.. I assume that you took the pink printed midsection and then cast it in dragonskin? Ditto with the pink breast sections and grey throat section.
Then (making a big assumption here) you molded the outer hip and cast the silicone hip section directly onto the skeleton. That's what I would do at that point, it allows for the introduction of a vaginal sleeve (for a fixed vagina) or a hollow vaginal cavity for an insert.
Did you then place the dragonskin thorax in place on top of the hip/skeleton section and secure it with expanding foam? (I'm guessing here so as to to keep you explaining what you did :D I am shameless in my thirst for knowledge.)

Your skill set is very different from mine, so I suspect your approach may differ as well, but you definately have mad, mad skills.

Reverend Jack
So i have 5 printers, the skeleton was made on a 330*330 heavily modded tronxy x5s, and the skin was printed on a Ellego saturn, some tpu parts was made on a Anet a8, also heavily modded for handling hight temp materials in a closed space.

I do casted the knee and feet in the mold, like they cast the dolls here, because they are kinda complex and i was worryed the skin would tear if i put that on later, but the rest of the skin was casted and then attached.

Her entire stomac and chest beside the spine, rib cage and the removed foam is hollow, i do not wanted to go the sexy way since she is 100 cm, but i guess you can put things in there, i may test that "functionality" when she is 160cm on the next version.

This is a sneak peak on her next skeleton, as you can see, I've added a tpu (similar to tpe, but with polyurethane, lot firmer) part, what human women's don't have, to prevent the open leg open vago issue :P

But thats enought writing for now :evidence:
Attachments
Képernyőkép 2022-11-22 192811.png
Képernyőkép 2022-11-22 192811.png (364.95 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Good tools in the hands of a skilled and competent person will produce a fascinating project! :thumbs_up: :multi:

I am totally amazed! BRAVO! 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

dreimal2001
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dreimal2001 »

Would You sell this doll 100cm? Would so much like to have this... waiting long for such a solution ..

Sir Olius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sir Olius »

dreimal2001 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:46 pm Would You sell this doll 100cm? Would so much like to have this... waiting long for such a solution ..
Bit to personal to sell, but i can maybe share the designs. It is some work to build tho, and have some obvious issues what need fixing.

bringiton23

Post by bringiton23 »

Sir Olius wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:01 pm
dreimal2001 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:46 pm Would You sell this doll 100cm? Would so much like to have this... waiting long for such a solution ..
Bit to personal to sell, but i can maybe share the designs. It is some work to build tho, and have some obvious issues what need fixing.
I wouldn't mind seeing the designs for the hip and shoulder joints tbh

Sir Olius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sir Olius »

The shoulders are bjd hands for now, i will redesign them in the next version, just cos hard abs is hard. Since it is a socket and an ord, held together with a rubbery string, is it exceptionally sturdy, insted of breaking it just pops of, and go back by itself, i tried to replicate this on her leg, where there are herd rubber (tpu) inserts, so if her leg stuck in something, the tpu parts will bend, insted of breaking her plastic bones.

You can see her design here, the last one is her actual skelly, without the full feet: viewtopic.php?p=2253075#p2253075

Basically i was trying to go for a human like pelvis, and hips. For the hip joint i'm using camera ball joints, so you can lock them in place. It won't hold super strongly, still she can stand next to some support like a wall, and cheap alu wears out. I would not use these in anything larger tho, they will stay in place, but i don't think they can be secured to hold a position in a heavier doll.

As for better joints, i will work on the v2 skeleton, and if anyone interested i can share the files. It will be similar to the photo tripod joint, but will be larger, and fully plastic, the idea is i tant it to be locakable with the turn of a srew, loose skeletons are a lot nicer to hug, but it has to be stiff if you want to pose them.

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

Update?
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

I'd love to see what you've come up with now. This is a subject that is very dear to my heart. I love the look of what you are coming up with. I have such an affinity for that look of a cyber doll I just know that if I can get the funds together for a 3D printer that I could make what I truly want. There are some great makers of dolls out there and most everyone is going for hyperrealism. I find myself going the opposite direction, and wanting something that has a cyber-robot look.

Thank you for sharing this with us, and I'm glad to see others that are interested. Please post anything that you've done since the start of your project.
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

FishnetsEnjoyer

Post by FishnetsEnjoyer »

So, is the skeleton part giving you any headaches? I feel like making a realistic skeleton is a huge plus but also it seems hard to do.

INFORMATIONS