sexyrealsexdolls.com

Is TPE healthy?

Doll stands, props and other doll accessories, inserts, and sex toys.
PrivateUser1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is TPE healthy?

Post by PrivateUser1 »

I was curious to know if TPE is actually healthy for usage, because of the micro plastics?
does anyone have any information about it?

The Doll Man

Re: Is TPE healthy?

Post by The Doll Man »

PrivateUser1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:48 am I was curious to know if TPE is actually healthy for usage, because of the micro plastics?
Yes!✔️ :D
Its healthy and very 🔞sexy!
:thumbs_up:

:glou:

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

PrivateUser1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:48 am I was curious to know if TPE is actually healthy for usage, because of the micro plastics?
If it was harmful, then there would not be this forum. :lol:

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

It is safe. TPE is used in a lot of rubber medical equipment (IV catheters, face masks, etc.), which come in contact with, or even enter the body, so there's nothing to be concerned about.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

TPE is made from an often undisclosed and varying mix of two different types of plastics: thermoplastic and elastomer, so we don't know.
We do know Phthalates are added to TPE to make it more flexible, we would hope in low enough levels to be considered safe.
It is absolutely dangerous if you burn or melt it and for that reason I would not want it in the house in case of a fire.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The discussion is about TPE used in sex toy manufacturing and most Western countries have a legal requirement that these items are Phthalate free or meet the legislated allowable levels
In Australia, the Phthalate called DEHP has been banned above a prescribed level due to recent research identifying its negative health impacts.
The US is more complex. Some states have developed their own regulations limiting the use of phthalates in consumer products to protect public health.
The UK MHRA allows DEHP phthalates in medical devices that use PVC tubing, and there is a whole list for the more curious.

skra-snarker is correct though, we have a general idea of what substances are used but certainly not the specifics of each blend

As for fire, a burning foam filled couch, chair or bed going to kill anyone who breathes that stuff :(

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I wouldn't trust it, keep the interaction short and sweet.

I doubt the Chinese give a rat shit about the long-term heath consequences of some American dude a million miles away.

I don't even trust the cookies at your local grocery store at this point.

Cheap and mass produced is the name of the game from sex dolls to the shitty lamp you bought at walmart/restoration hardware/wherever

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Depends what salad dressing you have with it when you eat it... :drinking:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

skra-snarker wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:04 pm TPE is made from an often undisclosed and varying mix of two different types of plastics: thermoplastic and elastomer, so we don't know.
We do know Phthalates are added to TPE to make it more flexible, we would hope in low enough levels to be considered safe.
It is absolutely dangerous if you burn or melt it and for that reason I would not want it in the house in case of a fire.
And what proof is there that ANY manufacturor of TPE is adding Phthalate to make it more flexible?
Yeah, this is a trick question because Phthalate are softeners in PolyVinylChloride not TPE so you ain't got shit but fear mongering. Saying "We do know.." is the tip-off.
So since the Aibei factory, which makes dolls for 4 or 5 of the big named companies sources TPE from TEXAS, yes, that is the state of Texas in the USA which regulates the use of Phthalates, and sources TPE to the US MEDICAL Industry for use in padding artificial limbs.
So, you got anything to back up your fearsome claim?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I recommend a little research.
Phthalate are used in PVC, not TPE.
Recent article in Plastics Today:
"Phthalate-free plasticizer capacity is rising; can TPEs infringe on PVC’s place?"
https://www.plasticstoday.com/phthalate ... pvcs-place

Even the ever-suspect Wikipedia limits Phthalate to PVC.

The CDC? They might know SOMETHING Try them too: https://www.cdc.gov/biomonitoring/Phtha ... Sheet.html

Wait! Maybe the hypersmart will say it's in the mineral oil! NOPE, the fda testing says no. https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmetic- ... -cosmetics

Please don't make me go on, just stop spewing disinformation and fear mongering as a service to everyone.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Granted, the TPE I've encountered has often been on the cheap side, but most of the brands I've handled had strong smells to them. It's enough to bother my sinuses, and put me in a non-sexy mood.

TPE may be "safe" but I'll personally stick to silicone and plush dolls.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yep, cheap TPE dolls are cheap for a variety of reasons, one of which is the use of recycled elastomer/TPE
A modern good quality doll shouldn't have that sinus irritating smell, maybe a light floral scent though :thumbs_up:

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

I hope! Because I am a rather intensive user of my dolls! I am a real hugger! :angel: 😋🥰

I have owned dolls for about 7 years now. There is always at least one in my bed that I hug tightly and kiss constantly before falling asleep and upon waking. :whistle:

That's thousands of hours of close contact and zillions of kisses! :D I haven't noticed any negative effects, on the contrary, I would even say that I am in better physical and mental health than before. :multi: :mrgreen:
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Don't eat it and you'll be fine.

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Gaijin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:22 am Granted, the TPE I've encountered has often been on the cheap side, but most of the brands I've handled had strong smells to them. It's enough to bother my sinuses, and put me in a non-sexy mood.

TPE may be "safe" but I'll personally stick to silicone and plush dolls.
I was surprised that when Erik arrived a bit over a year ago, his TPE had no odour at all. When his spare head arrived a couple of weeks ago, it had a sweet smell to it. That's the only way I can describe it. But it wasn't an offensive odour.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

INFORMATIONS