teddy-babes.com

1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
TallLassLover
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

Post by TallLassLover »

How much do these 6 foot teddy babes weigh?

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

TallLassLover wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:43 am How much do these 6 foot teddy babes weigh?
Not too too much! Maybe like 20-30 lbs? Its more so their stiffness and their size that makes them unwieldy to pick up and move tbh.

My GF occasionally struggles to move our Cindy deluxe, but then again she's on the shorter side

By compression, I have a 90 cm silicone doll who, despite being shorter than one of our Cindy's legs, weighs more

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

They are under 16 pounds, without clothing.

TexasToast
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TexasToast »

That's pretty disheartening to hear. Does anyone know if there have been improvements made (updated model) and if the size has been reduced? I've been wanting a deluxe TB for a while now, since they were introduced but the price just didn't seem worth it. I hadn't been to the EW site in a while and noticed that the price dropped to that of the original TB's ($799) which is a much more attractive price point but not if they are going to have all these quality issues, especially the super tall height. That one TB next to Jessica in a previous post looks like a freaking Amazon!! I have an original TB (Carly) 3FT version and I love her but she's too short and her tits are too big lol

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

TexasToast wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:05 pm That's pretty disheartening to hear. Does anyone know if there have been improvements made (updated model) and if the size has been reduced? I've been wanting a deluxe TB for a while now, since they were introduced but the price just didn't seem worth it. I hadn't been to the EW site in a while and noticed that the price dropped to that of the original TB's ($799) which is a much more attractive price point but not if they are going to have all these quality issues, especially the super tall height. That one TB next to Jessica in a previous post looks like a freaking Amazon!! I have an original TB (Carly) 3FT version and I love her but she's too short and her tits are too big lol
As I mentioned. after a year of talks with Eighth Wonder, the Deluxe dolls of 2023 will be 5'4" now and are available now if asked for.
I'm trying to get a comparison pic now.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

TexasToast
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TexasToast »

ChaseTruth TJ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 am As I mentioned. after a year of talks with Eighth Wonder, the Deluxe dolls of 2023 will be 5'4" now and are available now if asked for.
I'm trying to get a comparison pic now.
Some comparison pics would be fantastic!

samroch
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by samroch »

Just reading the review of the poor quality of the newer dolls, have gotten me concerned as I was about to order the new 5'5" sized doll. Need some assurance here, that I really want to be sure that I'm not going to be embracing a rock-hard plushie, if I do get one.

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

I would also love to read a review of the new 2023 5'5" version of the TB Deluxe Doll.
Their website shows nothing new.
I am sure the body is not rock-hard, but I like to know if the Dolls are usable for their intended function.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

I have 2 Teddy Babes. The blonde one is Anette, an older deluxe model with straight legs (no discs) from 09/04/2018 and the black one is Roxi, a deluxe Diana with disc joint legs from 08/24/2020.
Roxi_and_Anette_Chatting_Again.jpg
Roxi_and_Anette_Chatting_Again.jpg (180.38 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Roxi_Anette_Butt_Comparison.jpg
Roxi_Anette_Butt_Comparison.jpg (174.73 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Roxi_Black_Corsett_04.jpg
Roxi_Black_Corsett_04.jpg (235.8 KiB) Viewed 593 times
So this is my 2 year review for Roxi. Roxi was one of the first new disc joint dolls delivered within the first week when they were available.
In contrast to the initial post of this thread Roxi is not stuffed rock hard. She is comfortably stuffed and nice to cuddle with. Her legs and especially thighs should have been stuffed harder actually because it's easy to feel the wires in her legs which also touch her skin in places. Anette was stuffed quite a bit harder.
Her skin is ok, but she has a tiny hole in one leg (like 1/8th inch). And it's darker as the advertised Dianas skin.
The size is ok, i wouldn't change anything with the size.
The worst part IMO are the discs. They are too hard (even tho they seem to have a rubber edge) and are not too comfortable when cuddling. It's nice that you can move the legs but thats IMO not really necessary and by far doesn't make up for the uncomfortable cuddling. I don't move Anettes legs for example a lot at all, they have been put into a slightly sitting position and thats where they are since her arrival.
Another thing that i dislike and that could be easily changed are the proportions. The waist of both dolls is too small compared to hips and bust. I would greatly appreciate it if the dolls proportions would be closer to commonly used clothes sizes. Also the arms and fingers should be bit thicker so that they can wear normal rings and bracelets without falling off. And feet should also be bigger so that they can actually wear shoes matching their size. Would make dressing them a lot easier and weight isn't an issue for plush dolls so there is absolutely no reason not to give them normal proportions.
The anal entry is not useable, much too tight! And the insert is a waste of money like the 8W insert for the vagina. Both are silicone and much too hard to be used. You are better off with any TPE masturbator bought from Amazon.
Since the anal entry is not useable leave it away and put the vagina further down right between her legs. Then you could really have with her either missionary or doggy style, even without an anal opening.
Roxis wires are much easier to bend than Anettes tho. Anettes wires in her chest/waist are all broken and broken ends caused holes in her belly skin, so had to cut off the sharp ends of the wires. Need to repair the holes some day. Roxis wires so far have no problems.
It appears to me though that my Roxi is quite a bit different than the OP's doll. Probably manufacturer or plans or both changed.
What i basically like tho is that she has quite a bit bigger ass (wider). In Roxis case this is technically necessary or you would constantly bump into the discs when taking her missionary style.

After nearly 2 years of using both, the old straight legs and the new disc joint type, i must say that i prefer to cuddle with the old one quite a bit. I wouldn't buy one of the current dolls with the disc joints again. What i'd really like to buy is a Teddy Babe like the old ones without discs but with similar proportions to the new ones (wider hips, bust, waist) but with the waist better matching hips/bust for clothes sizes and with normal sized (thicker) arms, fingers and longer feet for easier dressing. The doll should use the new easier bendable wires that Roxi has. Ok bust could be slightly smaller and point more forward like it was for the special "small breasted" dolls that were available a few years ago.

Thats my 2 cents about making Teddy Babes great again.

And an Info for those who want to know whether to buy a fabric or a silicone/TPE doll: I probably just had bad luck, but my TPE doll was broken right away and my silicone dolls are now pretty much gone too after 3 years of not even using them. They had a very soft silicone tho that also easily got tears. So if you are looking for a heavy duty sex doll you are IMO much better off with a Teddy Babe. My Teddy Babes are in use almost every day.

Dastardlydave

Post by Dastardlydave »

I've ordered the Tina delux and while I'll be a bit disapointed if I cant cuddle her can't see why not as long as she has the normal plush skin which will warm naturally or position her I definitely won't be disappointed if she turns out to be 6ft instead of 5.4 infact I'd see it as a nice bonus.

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

I love the rotating limbs and I have no trouble snuggling my girl. I have no idea how this effect sex tho, but that's not why I got one.
I actually would have prefered a cosmeticly accurate looking "V" than a working "V".. I don't need the holes.

Then again it is a sex doll for men and you guys want even more holes. Hence the Ultra Teddy Babe that creeps me out.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

The Ultras don't look quite right to me too. However, if they are someone's perfect doll, and they sell well, I'm not going to complain.

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

ChaseTruth TJ wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:59 am I love the rotating limbs and I have no trouble snuggling my girl. I have no idea how this effect sex tho, but that's not why I got one.
I actually would have preferred a cosmetically accurate looking "V" than a working "V".. I don't need the holes.

Then again it is a sex doll for men and you guys want even more holes. Hence the Ultra Teddy Babe, that creeps me out.
Some comments about the new TBD Swivel Babes:
I have never done a woman in the face, and I am not going to start now.
The new rotating disks are good if your Babe wants to sit and watch TV with you.
In bed, don't try to hug her butt.
Sex: She may be good for Baboon style; I could not make it work for missionary.
The Boobs are smaller, more centered and forward looking.
The faces are very pretty.

jamesparker5734
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jamesparker5734 »

I do have sex. with my 2022 Akiko often, orgasms without ejaculation more often than with. (that is probably due to health issues I must work on.) I almost always have sex missionary style or riding high missionary style. I can't do rear entry unless she is standing and in a position to grab her ankles.
As for inserts, I use the pussy velour insert wrapped with a plastic bag, like a newspaper bag, I can get that nice and slick for lots of sex, to the point where my leg muscles are sore! I am a 67 year old horny old goat who still likes to f---! I started with a standard Vicki which I foolishly let get really dirty. I had a straight leg Lisa that I wish I had not thrown out but she was dirty too. I keep the dirty Vicki for rear entry sex, I am still a horny old goat or is it a dirty old man!

jamesparker5734
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jamesparker5734 »

Sorry, I accidently posted twice.

INFORMATIONS