www.tayu-doll.com

TAYU 148D…My Detailed Review & Photos

TAYU is an innovative hi-tech silicone doll maker specializing in lightweight silicone dolls that are easy to handle. Our patented stainless resistant metal skeleton is closer to human joint movements to facilitate daily usage. We provide solutions for light silicone dolls while maintaining their full body softness. Our dolls are hassle-free and sweet companions who will fulfill your needs and bring you intensive and realistic sexual pleasure. TAYU will keep releasing new features to push the doll market forward with lighter, softer and more resistant silicone companions. http://www.tayu-doll.com
crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

TAYU 148D…My Detailed Review & Photos

Post by crazedcat »

I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible without constructing a huge wall of text. I’m including photos relative to each section to break up this review with visuals as I’m well aware of the TL;DR. Hey, we’re visual creatures. Not our fault, it’s in our DNA.

I understand all reviews are subjective. We all have a certain taste when it comes to women. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure. You like ‘em thicc af? All good. Ginormous breasteseses? I’m down. Just don’t sprain your wrists. Love a sweet MILF? Giddy up!

Hopefully this helps anyone interested in TAYU dolls make a more informed decision. “Knowing is half the battle” — G.I. Joe

1. ORDER PROCESS & VENDOR: 10/10
At the time I ordered TAYU had just 2 authorized vendors. I chose MyRobotDoll (MRD). MRD has a ton of info and product videos on the TAYU section of their website and this was huge for me. Again, information is power. I must’ve watched those videos a dozen times each. Building my doll was pretty straight forward thru the customization process. I finally smashed that “SUBMIT ORDER” button on Sept. 13th.

I got an order confirmation email from MRD stating that production would take around 60 days. No worries. I knew I could find comfort and solace with fellow sufferers in the “BRUTAL BRUTAL wait” support group thread here on TDF.

I’m keeping this section short so we can get to the real meat of this review, but I want to give a shout out to Alice at MRD. This lady provided the best customer service I’ve ever experience. Emails were replied to within a day and many times within a few hours. It really put my mind at ease knowing how on top of things she is. So if you ever happen to read this, thank you again Alice!

packaging.jpg
packaging.jpg (646.63 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

2. SHIPPING & PACKAGING: 9/10
It’s October 19th, I’m at work, and I get an email from MRD with subject “Pre-shipment validation: Order #1969 TAYU Doll 148D+” and I’m in shock. 36 Days!!! Completely blindsided by this but I immediately view the factory videos in the link Alice has provided in the email. Gorgeous! SEND HER! PLEASE SEND HER! I confirm approval. She’s packed up and shipped out on October 21st.

She was sent via UPS Global Express. Delivery was on October 25th.

TAYU puts thick poly strapping and shrink wrap around their boxes for extra security but U.S. customs did their thing and cut them off for inspection. Box still arrived undamaged. Total box weight was 30 kgs (66 lbs.). Box dimensions: 55” x 15” x 14”

Inside the doll is very well protected, laying in a body molded foam “coffin”. Thick foam protection on top and bottom. She’s wrapped like a burrito in a heavy yet soft cloth blanket which was still stitched closed…confirming that no U.S. customs creeper felt her up. Hands and feet are wrapped up in foam for extra protection. The head and accessories are also packed securely in foam molds.

Gonna take 1 point away because I feel the packaging—although very good—still could do with some 1/4” ply wood or some thicker corrugated cardboard around the sides of the box for any impact damage that might occur during transit. I’m looking at you, FedEx. Especially for a doll at this price point. I realize this adds to shipping weight but I always like to err on the side of caution. Shipping was “free”…baked into the total price of the doll…but I think I would pay a little extra as an option for such added protection.

shipping.jpg
shipping.jpg (326.31 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

3. “PEACH” HEAD: 10/10
As luck would have it, TAYU’s new Peach head was released the week I placed my order (I had originally selected the QingZhi head) and I had Alice change it. I was slightly concerned her face was too round but she looked the most mature out of the heads available for the 148D so I took the gamble. Boy did that pay off!

For some reason, TAYU’s promo photos of Peach on their new 161 model make it appear that her face is “fuller” than it actually is (lighting? skin tone? angles?). I dunno, but I was surprised to find upon arrival that her face is actually more heart shaped and oval.

She also is one of the few TAYU heads where the soft oral option is available. A bonus. I don’t know if I’ll ever use her for oral because it’s almost like defiling a work of art. Throwing paint at a Van Gogh. Time will tell.

Realistic tongue which pulls out far enough to achieve that “licking lips” look. Implanted eyebrows. Mechanical eyes with blood vessels. Just a gorgeous face IMO. Depending on styling and wig she can pull off multiple looks: Asian (obviously) but also Eurasian or Eastern European. Full disclosure: I did purchase the custom makeup option for an additional $150. I just wanted her to look a little more mature.

heads.jpg
heads.jpg (830.26 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

4. BODY FEEL & DETAIL: 10/10
I selected the “Full Body Ultra Softness” option. This includes ultra soft breasts (which are also gel), vagina, inner thighs, and butt (gel as well). Her “skin” is very lifelike with the appearance of pores all over and wrinkle lines where they should be: knuckles, back heels, bottom of her feet. There’s also slight texturing on the major joint points: knees, back of elbows, ankles. Extremely realistic looking.

Implanted pubic hair is so soft it’s almost fur like and not coarse at all. They did a great job as I request a custom “trim” similar to a Brazilian. I’m a fan of grass on the playing field but the groundskeeper needs to keep that shit mowed and in order. Running my fingers over her tiny, well-trimmed patch is titillating.

I got the French manicure fingernails and they look wonderful. One odd thing while customizing my doll was that toenails were a $99 upgrade. This was a bit befuddling. The “standard” option is silicone looking toenails that are part of the mold. I decide to skip on the $99 toenail option as I could apply them myself with some Sil-Poxy I have on hand, a $6 toenail kit from Amazon, and a steady hand. Just saved $93. CHA-CHING! Don’t worry, I’ll blow it on a wig or something.

She is VERY SOFT in all the right areas (boobs, inner thighs, waist, lower belly, vagina, butt) and slightly firmer (yet still soft) where it should be (feet, calves, arms, back, neck, hips, upper belly, etc.). TAYU did a bang-up job delineating all these areas of the body with slightly different firmness. No idea how they did it but it really mimics a toned human body.

Video of her butt softness: https://photos.myrobotdoll.com/mo/shari ... _k=e4d408

Her body is fantastic to fondle straight outta the box but it wasn’t until I gave her a cornstarch powder bath (using a barber’s powder dispenser and large cosmetic foundation brush) where things went to another level. MY GOD! It actually feels like flesh. So soft and silky. This coupled with her skin texture gave me chills really at how much it felt like human skin. I could not stop playing with her freshly powdered boobies. Amazing!

I know silicone doesn’t “absorb” the powder like TPE does and that it’ll eventually come off during dressing & undressing, but you have to take the time to apply it if not for the experience alone.

Body painting is beautiful. I tried getting photos that capture the faint blue veining but it just wasn’t showing well enough to do it justice. It really needs to be seen in person to appreciate the detail. Gorgeous veining all around, especially on the breasts, arms, and feet. The veining on the upper inner thigh is a sight to behold.

toenails.jpg
toenails.jpg (583.42 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

5. BODY MOVEMENT: 10/10
According to TAYU, they have their own patented stainless metal skeleton & resistant joints. Now, I obviously haven’t had her very long so I can’t speak to the longevity of their skeleton but movement feels very nice. Not too stiff…not too loose. I’m still learning all of the range of motions but it’s definitely not a struggle to position her. I’m a little nervous doing this as I’m scare to mess something up but what I’ve noticed is that if I’m applying a medium pressure and the joint isn’t moving, it’s not meant to go that way. You’ll know with just enough force if it’s gonna swing/rotate or not so as not to break anything. I guess it’ll just a slight learning curve knowing which joint can do what.

Shrugging shoulders is a nice feature. The articulated fingers feel great and are a pleasure to maneuver. Joints for every knuckle. They have a fluid mechanical feel when doing so and hold their position well so using her hands to hold lightweight objects shouldn’t be a problem.

Video of body movement: https://photos.myrobotdoll.com/mo/shari ... _k=hgl01g

The head is the standard M16 quick release connector but she also has a metal notch that locks it securely into the neck. This is part of TAYU’s “Fluid Neck Design” which allows the neck to follow the head within a 60 degree angle. VERY realistic looking as the front of the neck (Adams apple area) will slightly twist in the direction the head is rotated and/or tilted. Well done. There’s also zero head “jiggle”.

TAYU did a great job here. My score is based on what I’ve experienced so far. Only time will tell on how the skeleton & joints hold up but I’ve heard good things from other owners.

bodymovement01.jpg
bodymovement01.jpg (327.16 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

6. LHP: 9.5/10
Ahhhh LHP. The never-ending quest of man’s search for the perfect LHP. Our “white whale” of the doll world. We find a doll with a kickin’ bod, face to die for, and…a vagina on her belly and a butthole where her pootnanny SHOULD be. WHY!?!?! It’s frustrating I know. In months of research I’ve come across only a handful of dolls with good LHP. Most manufacturers need to step up their game here, big time.

I’m going to let the photos speak for themselves on this one. If Siliconeman ever reads this I’d love to get his assessment as he’s the Dean of LHP University (graduated Magna Cum Loudly) and this forum’s resident expert on the subject. I’m going with a very solid 9.5 here. Reason for the minus .5: her butthole is gaped but I understand why due to the elasticity limitations of silicone. I just wish it was slightly tighter looking…and I’m talking just visually here. I’m really nitpicking on this but I’ve gotta preserve the perfect 10 score for the superior LHP with a beautiful puckered butthole that’s finally realized thru advanced technology. We can dream, can’t we?

LHP.jpg
LHP.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 8153 times

7. BODY PROPORTIONS: 10/10
Again, totally subjective here because this is the body type I personally admire. Thin yet well toned. Tight butt. Petite. Ample boobies. Thigh gap. Long legs. To me, her body proportions are pure perfection. Leg to torso ratio is spot on. Whoever designed this body mold…I love you.

She’s tiny like a spinner but get her in some heels and she gets to around 5’2” or 5’3”. I also prefer her smaller frame for the maneuverability factor. I’m not trying to snap vertebrae here, which takes us to…

8. WEIGHT: 10/10
She’s light. I mean LIGHT LIGHT. Put her under your arm and walk around light. Maybe even run a marathon if you’re really in shape. One of TAYU’s major selling points is how lightweight their dolls are. They’re not lying.

Head: 4.08 lbs.

Body without head: 46.1 lbs.

Total weight: 50.18 lbs.

headweight1.jpg
headweight1.jpg (349.4 KiB) Viewed 8153 times
bodyweight.jpg
bodyweight.jpg (432.58 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

10. OVERALL: 10/10
I wouldn’t be lying if I told you she is one of the best purchases I’ve made in my life. God forbid, if my house burned down today with her in it I’d be ordering the exact same doll again the very next day. She checks all the boxes I looked for when researching a doll purchase. Hopefully this review helps anyone interested in the TAYU 148D and answers some questions and/or concerns they might have. If you’re on the fence about buying this doll…JUST. DO. IT.

Peach out!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: TAYU 148D…My Detailed Review & Photos

Post by blindwebster »

Amazing review for easily one of the hottest dolls here. Tayu knocked out of the park and you are a lucky man indeed to have that gorgeous specimen waiting to please and indulge you when you come home. Yes, I am jealous. :mrgreen:

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Thanks for all the detailed information and pictures. She seems like a great choice.

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

Everything is already said.
Just :thumbs_up:

Cepheus

Post by Cepheus »

Wow, great review. What did you use for her piercings? You did a great job with them.

How different was your custom makeup? What did you have to provide them with to get it done? Just a photo of her with what you wanted to be applied? I am thinking of giving her freckles, but am unsure if I want them to do it or DIY it with a stippling sponge when she arrives.

As for the face shape, I am seriously wondering if there is a slightly different mold for the hard/implanted head used in the reference shots vs the soft one that you got and is used in the soft mouth demo video. They do look much more oval/heart-shaped in the soft version. Maybe it is just how the makeup is applied in the two versions. I personally like the soft shape. Yours looks wonderful.

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

She’s stunning. And Tayu really did a great job on the “landing strip.” When I have previously played around with customizing dolls from the leading vendors, I’ve always stuck with no hair down there because everything I had seen before was just awful. Yours is literally the first one that looks well done. Congrats on your new partner!

Out of curiosity, did you ever consider the 161 and if so, what made you opt for the 148? To me, the 161 seems to check more of my boxes, but there’s just so little info available on that model, and last I checked, not all of Tayu’s official suppliers even offer the 161 (yet).

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Great review, thank you! She's incredibly gorgeous. So would you mind reviewing the sexual function of all holes if you have used them, yet? I cannot imagine you haven't. Just wondering the elasticity and softness feel of them compared to TPE.

DoctorDuke
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DoctorDuke »

Thorough review. Thanks for the great photos too. This model is at top of my list. Love that ass. Although I would prefer the white skin tone. More photos please.

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

Excellent review Crazedcat!

Just checked, nothing from Alice...

You really must be over the moon with this purchase. Love that landing strip Tayu did for you, very well done. Skin tone and head, just absolutely aced it. 8)

I'm sure this review will get Tayu more orders for their 148. They mey have to make a few more molds lol.

Thanks for this informative and helpful review.

I'll be looking out for more photos of your girl. :thumbs_up:

Just checked, STILL nothing from Alice.... :haha4:

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

blindwebster wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:52 pm Amazing review for easily one of the hottest dolls here. Tayu knocked out of the park and you are a lucky man indeed to have that gorgeous specimen waiting to please and indulge you when you come home. Yes, I am jealous. :mrgreen:
Thank you blindwester! I feel this doll deserves a detailed review. More people need to experience this masterpiece :thumbs_up:
Cepheus wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 pm Wow, great review. What did you use for her piercings? You did a great job with them.

How different was your custom makeup? What did you have to provide them with to get it done? Just a photo of her with what you wanted to be applied? I am thinking of giving her freckles, but am unsure if I want them to do it or DIY it with a stippling sponge when she arrives.

As for the face shape, I am seriously wondering if there is a slightly different mold for the hard/implanted head used in the reference shots vs the soft one that you got and is used in the soft mouth demo video. They do look much more oval/heart-shaped in the soft version. Maybe it is just how the makeup is applied in the two versions. I personally like the soft shape. Yours looks wonderful.
I just used the earring's stud to pierce through. Doesn't take much force. If you mess up and don't get it in the right spot the hole you make will never be noticeable in the silicone. I had Tayu do a little more eye makeup on her. I think the default factory makeup is more of a pink shadowing around her eyes. I wanted a slight smokey look. I just provided a photo I liked that I found and they matched to it.
Dolly_Llama wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:43 pm She’s stunning. And Tayu really did a great job on the “landing strip.” When I have previously played around with customizing dolls from the leading vendors, I’ve always stuck with no hair down there because everything I had seen before was just awful. Yours is literally the first one that looks well done. Congrats on your new partner!

Out of curiosity, did you ever consider the 161 and if so, what made you opt for the 148? To me, the 161 seems to check more of my boxes, but there’s just so little info available on that model, and last I checked, not all of Tayu’s official suppliers even offer the 161 (yet).
Thanks Dolly. I was worried they'd go overboard with the pubes but when I saw the factory photos I couldn't believe how great of a job they did. It's my ideal trim. I opted for the 148 for her size, weight, and body proportions. The 161 is a great sculpt, but for me personally her hips and thighs are thicker. I like 'em lean like on the 148. MyRobotDoll has the 161...I recommend them 100%.
tubbienine wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:40 pm Great review, thank you! She's incredibly gorgeous. So would you mind reviewing the sexual function of all holes if you have used them, yet? I cannot imagine you haven't. Just wondering the elasticity and softness feel of them compared to TPE.
Thanks tubb, we "consumated" her arrival last night. Here's my review on the sex:

nuclear_blast.jpg
nuclear_blast.jpg (262.65 KiB) Viewed 7844 times
DoctorDuke wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:49 am Thorough review. Thanks for the great photos too. This model is at top of my list. Love that ass. Although I would prefer the white skin tone. More photos please.
Doc, I'll be posting MANY more ass pic...and more. I'll be posting photos regularly to this thread: viewtopic.php?t=159274 and tamer stuff to the instagram in my sig.
JustDude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:45 am Just checked, STILL nothing from Alice.... :haha4:
LOL patience young grasshopper. Trust me, she's worth the wait 8)
signature2.jpg
signature2.jpg (351.27 KiB) Viewed 7661 times
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

claydough
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by claydough »

Nice review!

Out of curiosity, is this your first silicon doll?
I found mine quite hard, but your opinion gives me hope that their softer silicone is a good bit softer and a good improvement!

Also i can vouch for Alice at MRD, best service ive got anywhere and by far still the best updated and informative website/shop

Also tayu really has some odd pricing extras, i really hope they look at this in the future, the most egregious being $200 for the white skin tone and peaches wig was also $200

Mr_RubberLubber

Post by Mr_RubberLubber »

Great review, thank you!

Its bizarre how different your images of the Peach head look compared to Tayu's own promo photos. I don't know whether its the skin tone or the haircut, but when I look at them side-by-side they look like completely different heads. Tayu's Peach promos make her look very asian with a rounded face, whereas in your photos she looks very western. Weird!

Gotta say that that LHP is amazing. I wish all manufacturers could achieve that level. If I actually thought I could get a Tayu 148 into the UK without problems I'd definitely be buying one without hesitation. If only Tayu had made them 150cm instead!! Those extra 2cm would have made them legal! 😡

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

Btw, CrazedCat, you mentioned the quality of the body painting (veins in particular); did you get the optional (paid) body painting or is what you describe in your review based on the standard body painting?

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

Dolly_Llama wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am Btw, CrazedCat, you mentioned the quality of the body painting (veins in particular); did you get the optional (paid) body painting or is what you describe in your review based on the standard body painting?
I just got the standard body painting. I think there's an option for around $100 for additional veining.
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

DocHector

Post by DocHector »

Hi, thanks for the great review! I have a few questions about her private parts. How tight are they and what options did you choose? Fixed with separate or connected love canals?

INFORMATIONS